Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1356

Thread: Batgirls

Also Cass and Steph are appearing on Tim's DC Pride cover (Tim Drake: Robin #10 by Travis Moore). Not sure who the individual behind them is but there are at least three bisexuals on this cover (maybe four, is Tim's boyfriend bi or gay?)
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/wp-conten...ality=80&w=832

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Not sure who the individual behind them is
    I guess that's Darcy, she is imo basically a "non love interest" stand in for Steph.

Also Cass and Steph are appearing on Tim's DC Pride cover (Tim Drake: Robin #10 by Travis Moore). Not sure who the individual behind them is but there are at least three bisexuals on this cover (maybe four, is Tim's boyfriend bi or gay?)
    This just reminds me of that bad story that addressed the Tim/Steph relationship in relation to Bernard...but they're really getting mileage out of Tim as the gay Robin, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I guess that's Darcy, she is imo basically a "non love interest" stand in for Steph.
    The similarities seem far too striking to be a complete coincidence.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Yep. Blonde purple wearing vigilante. It's clear she is that.

Mighty Member

Ugh that story was so bad and just made Steph be a damsel for Tim to save and a prop to push to Bernard
    Like it looks she doesn't have any self respect given how awfully Tim treated her and he then introduced her to his new partner without even asking first. I really hope Stephanie doesn't show up in the actual issue itself as it is clear Fitzmartin sees her as just a prop for Bernard. It's annoying as she once claimed she broke Timsteph off panel to avoid using Stephanie as a prop but only to do that anyway.

Guess the question is if Cass and Steph being on the cover means they're part of the demographic, too, or "just" as allies. (Recall that the Yara Flor Wonder Girl got a Pride cover, too awhile back, despite nothing in her writing to date indicating she was on the LGBTQ+ spectrum).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Recall that the Yara Flor Wonder Girl got a Pride cover, too awhile back, despite nothing in her writing to date indicating she was on the LGBTQ+ spectrum.
    Nightwing got also one.

Bernard is supposed to be bi is my understanding.
    Steph and Cass were supposed to be a couple in Future State, which is supposed to be the future, or a future, of the current timeline so it seems like Cass and Steph should be bi. It's all so vague I don't necessarily think they're out or identifying as bi yet? Maybe? But it makes sense that they are given that future history together.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Bernard is supposed to be bi is my understanding.
    Steph and Cass were supposed to be a couple in Future State, which is supposed to be the future, or a future, of the current timeline so it seems like Cass and Steph should be bi. It's all so vague I don't necessarily think they're out or identifying as bi yet? Maybe? But it makes sense that they are given that future history together.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if they're following up on that Future State thing.

The books comes to a end in June.

BATGIRLS #19
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    Art by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    Variant cover by DAVE MARQUEZ
    1:25 variant cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/20/23
    The people of the Hill have had enough of Gunbunny and Gunhawk’s demands and take to the streets to march in solidarity with the Batgirls. Moved by this, the Batgirls join in, proving to both the city and the snipers that Gothamites should not be underestimated—and that we can overcome even the darkest of times if we have each other. Come join the Batgirls in the march to celebrate them in this last issue of the beloved series!

Last edited by Drako; 03-17-2023 at 10:08 AM. Reason: June, not may.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

This wasn't my favorite Batgirl volume but still sad to see it go.

I kind of wonder what's next for Steph and Cass. Babs at least is basically the co-lead of Dicks' book so she's guaranteed to show up somewhere.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This wasn't my favorite Batgirl volume but still sad to see it go.

I kind of wonder what's next for Steph and Cass. Babs at least is basically the co-lead of Dicks' book so she's guaranteed to show up somewhere.
    Cass is in Spirit World for 4 months after Batgirls ends. It's Steph I'm most concerned about.

And this wasn't my favorite Batgirl series, but I am glad it got 19 issues plus an annual - a lot more than a large number of other Infinite Frontier series got (8 ongoings ended with a shorter run than this one). I'm going to miss it a lot.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm a little bummed we didn't get a swimsuit variant...

Incredible Member

I'm just pissed. Everyone knows how much I disliked the writers, and the art, and the annoying editor. With the issue that came out this week, they didn't even pretend to try. Anyway, I guess that's the Batgirl book of the 2020s. Next revival: 2030s.

Steph and Cass are on a Pride cover dressed as Spoiler and Orphan, but it's not set in the past - Tim is with Bernard. Does this have significance? Do they get fired from the Bat family?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm a little bummed we didn't get a swimsuit variant...
    Variants, like coffee, are for closers. But it would have been pretty cute if they'd gotten Neil Googe to do swimsuits again like the Corona cover for Bat Girl Summer.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord