Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1356

Thread: Batgirls

Will always be there for Cass in formal wear

Batgirls #7

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Will always be there for Cass in formal wear

Batgirls #7
    I love whenever Steph dresses in purple outside her costume .

Cass looks good in anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love whenever Steph dresses in purple outside her costume .

Cass looks good in anything...
    Ain't it the truth!!

They think they're slick

This isn't the first time these things get snuck into comics through passages or quotes or sayings or even music.

Those that follow MARVEL and things to do with Kitty Pryde, will remember when she was resurrected and Magik appeared in order to glomp her in happiness, she had a band playing De Contrabando for them. De Contrabando is a song about secretly being in love with someone and having a discreet love affair with them. And considering their history that was not coincidence. You learn to look for these things on a constant basis after years of queerbaiting lol it's sad but eh :3

Context, what Stephanie is quoting to Cass here is the moment when Odysseus is offered everything on a silver platter including immortality but denies it because the only thing he cares about is returning home to be with his wife again and not even immortality is a great enough offering.

Odysseus had 'gone to war' seen and done unspeakable things but the only thing that kept him going was one day coming back to the woman he loved, and no matter what offers came his way in the form of other relationships, immortality, all the power that all the other sides of the equation could offer him. He through the fire of everything only cared about coming back home to her and it is what kept him going.

Considering Steph's story in Future State and how she had to essentially travel to war/the dark side to get and find out the information she did despite only Dick knowing and this is the way she tells Cass what her true feelings have been, as she finally returns home to her as the Steph she thought was gone and the façade finally dropped. Yeah not much more need be said.
    Last edited by Majesty; 03-28-2023 at 12:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Batgirls #17 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Robbi Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Batgirls #17 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Robbi Rodriguez

In before someone comments on how sexually charged that dancing between the two of them is .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

In before someone comments on how sexually charged that dancing between the two of them is .
    I have to say, it's very frustrating that today's fandom is like this. How would they write and draw it differently between shipping and very friendly affectionate BFFs.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have to say, it's very frustrating that today's fandom is like this. How would they write and draw it differently between shipping and very friendly affectionate BFFs.
    I can't speak for the writers but other than acknowledging Gotham Academy I don't see the point of Kyle being in it if the intention was to hook Steph and Cass up.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I can't speak for the writers but other than acknowledging Gotham Academy I don't see the point of Kyle being in it if the intention was to hook Steph and Cass up.
    That's my thought as well.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

...it just looked like dancing to me, nothing sexual.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

spoilers:
    Reading the new Batgirls issue makes me sad that the book is ending. I don't want it to. But overall the new issue was alright. Steph has a new gunshot wound that has left a scar. This makes her anti-guns. Stephanie for president, she'll bring true change. Also is was cool to see more Steph and Cass training. No, it wasn't as entertaining as the one-sided beatdown sparring they use to do but overall still fun to see some iteration of them sparring.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 04-18-2023 at 01:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Steph's always been pretty anti-gun. She was targeting gun-runners and responding to school shootings in some of her earliest adventures in the 90s without knowing that Tim/Robin was involved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Steph's always been pretty anti-gun. She was targeting gun-runners and responding to school shootings in some of her earliest adventures in the 90s without knowing that Tim/Robin was involved at all.
    In both her "deaths" it involved a gun too. First with Black Mask and then with her scummy father. So Steph has very good reasons for hating guns even more!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Suppose if it's already an idea that's taken root in the fanbase, you're going to have readers examining everything pretty closely, whether it merits it or not.

If the intent was to hook them up (speaking hypothetically), I could follow that Kyle was serving in the "wrong guy/gal" role common in romance stories (e.g. Steph starts going for him before realizing that they're not right for each other and her heart truly belongs to the besties that had been in front of her the whole time). All things considered, I do think it's more likely that everything was at face value (and I'm saying that as someone who thought that the writing really did make seem like there was more than friendship between Steph and Cass).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Member

Many people are very into heavy emotions and romance, and tend to want or see them everywhere. There is also the stereotype applied to men that they cannot have strong friendships, if they seem to be close or have emotional bonds then it is proof that they want to have sex. It is not surprising that people who want romance would apply this to woman as well.