Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Agh. My eyes. is The Boy a new character?
    Could be, but I suspect is an old one deaged somehow. Probably by means of a trick of narrative (like, he never was a boy, but we saw a boy because he thought of himself as such... or something. An unreliable narrator)

Or not.
    I don't know. Why calling him just The Boy. That's kinda dramatic.
    Those masks are also interesting. I guess, it's kind of symbolic, that they're all golden, like... Maybe it means putting on a mask is diving into madness.

Hmmm...
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-29-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Seems like editorial came up with a lot of ideas about the story, but I'm hopeful Tamaki can make it work. I'm glad to see Huntress continuing to get a big role also.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Seems like editorial came up with a lot of ideas about the story, but I'm hopeful Tamaki can make it work. I'm glad to see Huntress continuing to get a big role also.
    Glad to see Helena back in the spotlight too .

I keep being reminded of "Shadows of the Empire" from Star Wars for some reason...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm so not looking forward to another event, but the prologue in the annual was good so I'll give this a try.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

DETECTIVE COMICS #1055
    Written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    Backup written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Backup art by FERNANDO BLANCO
    Cover by IRVIN RODRIGUEZ
    Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO
    1:25 variant cover by JORGE FORNÉS
    $4.99 US | 40 pages
    Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/1/22

The Tower under siege! With their grand scheme crumbling around them, Dr. Wear and the mysterious Dr. Ocean have lost control of Arkham Tower to the patients it houses...who just so happen to be some of the most violent, murderous villains Gotham City has ever seen. The Bat-Family on the inside are in shambles: Huntress is wounded, Nightwing is carrying 175 pounds of smarmy jerk on his shoulder, and Dr. Meridian is incapacitated. Who’s left to save the civilian hostages from this nightmare? Hmm...wasn’t there a patient who thought she was Harley Quinn?

Then, in “House of Gotham” part 9, the boy is growing up...and growing into the man that Gotham City has made him. Through the trauma of his time with the Penguin to the terror wrought by Azrael, a new mission springs to mind for this lost son of Gotham...murder.

Extraordinary Member

DETECTIVE COMICS #1056
    Written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    Cover by IRVIN RODRIGUEZ
    The Batman variant cover by PUPPETEER LEE
    $4.99 US | 40 pages
    Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/8/22

The Scarecrow stalks The Tower! Dr. Jonathan Crane, who recently terrorized Gotham City during “Fear State,” is but one of many villainous inhabitants of Arkham Tower jockeying for position as leader of the hostage situation unfolding before everyone’s eyes. But with security down, Huntress, Nightwing, and Harley Quinn are no longer quite so outnumbered...here come Batwoman, the Batgirls, and Tim Drake to the rescue! Can the Bat-Family save the innocent civilians caught in the crossfire? And that’s not the only help arriving on the scene...
    The boy kicks his plan into gear in “House of Gotham” partt 10! On a mission to kill the source of his trauma, the boy’s aim squares solely on The Joker and the Batman...two sides of the same coin that have, in his mind, caused him and the city nothing but pain. Plus: Batgirl, a villainous run-in, and another step toward disaster for Jim Gordon!

Extraordinary Member

DETECTIVE COMICS #1057
    Written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    Backup written byMATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Cover by IRVIN RODRIGUEZ
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/15/22

Batman is back! And just in time to save the life of Nightwing, who was given a fear toxin super-dose and tossed out of a skyscraper—another tragedy surrounding Arkham Tower’s hostile takeover. As Scarecrow readies his forces for the big bat, war erupts on every floor of the building between the Penguin’s thugs, the Party Crashers, the murderous Arkham inmates, and an overwhelmed Bat-Family who’s struggling to get everyone out alive! Will the return of the bat be enough to turn the tide to victory...or does another X factor lurk in the battle that could save the day?

The penultimate chapter of “House of Gotham” arrives as a battle erupts between Batman, The Joker, and the Boy in horrifying fashion! Bruce Wayne has felt responsibility for this situation for years now...but does he have what it takes to save the life of his sworn enemy?

Extraordinary Member

DETECTIVE COMICS #1058
    Written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    Cover by IRVIN RODRIGUEZ
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/22/22
    The Tower crashes to a close! In the epic finale to this weekly tale of terror, alliances are forged amongst unlikely allies, and the Bat-Family reassess their strategy in their war on crime in Gotham City. Will Psycho-Pirate be Batman’s newest eyes and ears on the streets? Can Koyuki Nakano ever recover from the traumatic events she witnessed? How much fun will the Batgirls have beating the snot out of Penguin’s goons at a seedy motel? The answers await you and much, much more in this cataclysmic culmination! (Except for the Batgirls, I'll tell you right now that answer is “a lot.”)

As if one dramatic conclusion wasn’t enough, the finale of “House of Gotham” will leave you breathless as Batman is faced with an impossible decision: kill a monster of his own creation...or let others be killed in the process. “Save the patient in front of you” was the advice from Thomas Wayne...

Could do without Harley's involvement, but could be an interesting arc.

Just, who's this Boy? I'm genuinely intrigued now.

Loving that art .

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Just, who's this Boy? I'm genuinely intrigued now.
    I thought it was Nero XIX.

According to Dick's narration, he still has a thing for Huntress. The love triangle became a square...lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it was Nero XIX.

According to Dick's narration, he still has a thing for Huntress. The love triangle became a square...lol.
    Yes, it was so weird! A person who'd read the issue with no previous knowledge would assume Dick is head over heels in love with her, when the two of them haven't really interacted in forever and he's currently dating Babs.
    I know Tamaki is trying to push Huntress and make her a more significant character, but that was just ridiculous.