Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default January Detective Comics Event: Shadows of the Bat

Newsarama has an article with the below title that doesn't actually go anywhere:

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-qu...ws-of-the-bat/

It's also mentioned in the Detective Comics 2021 Annual solicit:

DETECTIVE COMICS 2021 ANNUAL #1
    Written by MARIKO TAMAKI and MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art by DAVID LAPHAM
    Cover by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES
    Variant by JASON FABOK
    $6.99 US (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/30/21

“We don’t choose who we save, Bruce. You treat the patient who needs your help.”—Thomas Wayne

“Shadows of the Bat” begins here! In the prelude to January’s epic new Detective Comics event, Mayor Nakano has signed off on the construction of a new Arkham Tower in the heart of Gotham City, and the Bat-Family is torn. Batman has long seen Arkham as a necessary, if flawed, cog in the gears of Gotham City—a temporary solution to larger problems that in many ways mirrors his approach as Batman. Nightwing, however, who grew up watching Arkham mutate into a villain factory, believes a different approach is needed. But Bruce and Dick will need to see eye to eye on more than just Arkham Tower, as a new villain known as THE MAEGER MAN wreaks havoc in the streets and becomes the embodiment of Gotham’s broken system!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-qu...ws-of-the-bat/

Here's the correct link

Personally, I'm sick of the stories where Bruce stops being Batman/is otherwise absent from Gotham and other has to fill up his place. Seems like we have stories like that every other year.

Astonishing Member

So, as far as I understand, for some reason Bruce is leaving Gotham and this is how Jace being Batman is justified, lol, because he and Bat-Family will stay to protect the city. Doesn't it remind you of something?
    And another event, really?
    I guess, Magistrate is done after Fear State.

Spectacular Member

They use it so much, word "event" is starting to lose is meaning. Seriusly we're in the middle of one and there's another one in a couple of months?

I don't really buy Bruce leaving Gotham for any reason, and certainly not now (City of Bane, anyone?) but I guess this is how they justify Jace getting the spotlight.

Spectacular Member

The story is gone again, the link leads to a 404 page

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    The story is gone again, the link leads to a 404 page
    Works for me?

Probably accidentally posted before solicits were. Clear your cache and try again.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"Batman has long seen Arkham as a necessary, if flawed, cog in the gears of Gotham City—a temporary solution to larger problems that in many ways mirrors his approach as Batman. Nightwing, however, who grew up watching Arkham mutate into a villain factory, believes a different approach is needed. But Bruce and Dick will need to see eye to eye on more than just Arkham Tower, as a new villain known as THE MAEGER MAN wreaks havoc in the streets and becomes the embodiment of Gotham’s broken system!"

OMIGOSH stop staying in that city any longer than necessary! You have your own city! Let him and the rest of the army figure things out!

"Batman quits Gotham"

Bruce, Dick's apartment's empty. If you move to Bludhaven, he won't need to leave the city whenever you have an event again. We know the only reason he keeps coming back is because of you.

Technically if Dick isn't in Bludhaven it becomes more safe because once he steps out of the city the city instantly becomes irrelevant. Which means no villains or bad guys are doing anything in it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Personally, I'm sick of the stories where Bruce stops being Batman/is otherwise absent from Gotham and other has to fill up his place. Seems like we have stories like that every other year.
    It's really getting beyond ridiculous right now. I'm not reading this crossover. I may be done with the Batbooks for a bit when Tynion's last issue hits.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

It's all because they want Jace to be Batman for a while, another excuse for them to have him wearing the suit, while Bruce is gone. Just like Jon being Superman, while Clark is fighting Mongul in space, and judging by solicits, Diana also will be sidelined. It's clearly what they want, even despite the fact, that Jace is not selling well.
    So, the sooner this nonsense starts, the sooner it ends, probably when Reeves's Batman premieres.

Yeah, Jace'll 100% be the Batman while Bruce is gone, but will he keep starring in I Am Batman or they will place him in the main Batman book?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Are we sure the main Batman book won't just have Bruce globetrotting?

Jace remaining in I am Batman makes alot more sense!

Astonishing Member

Well, from business point of view, Bruce has to keep main title, for obvious reasons - he's top-seller, Jace is not, first I am Batman issue, judging by Comixology, sold very bad, and it's a bad sign, because normally first issues have good sells. Giving main title to him is madness, with all due respect to Ridley.
    But logically, it would be pretty strange to have two Bruce main titles outside of Gotham.