Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Are we sure the main Batman book won't just have Bruce globetrotting?

Jace remaining in I am Batman makes alot more sense!
    Yeah that’s kind of what I’m thinking, it never at all says that Bruce is quitting the Batman role or dying but that he’s leaving Gotham. For all we know that means he pulls another Batman Inc. and leaves Gotham to the Bat-family.

Hell maybe after three big villain takeovers of the City he’s just taking a well deserved vacation.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

TEC might go back at being a team book again.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah that’s kind of what I’m thinking, it never at all says that Bruce is quitting the Batman role or dying but that he’s leaving Gotham. For all we know that means he pulls another Batman Inc. and leaves Gotham to the Bat-family.

Hell maybe after three big villain takeovers of the City he’s just taking a well deserved vacation.
    If they don't want to write out the characters Tynion created. Bruce joining Ghostmaker in the Haunt and tackling crime in other cities could be interesting. Maybe Harley or Miracle Molly could come along too. That would be an interesting status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "Batman has long seen Arkham as a necessary, if flawed, cog in the gears of Gotham City—a temporary solution to larger problems that in many ways mirrors his approach as Batman. Nightwing, however, who grew up watching Arkham mutate into a villain factory, believes a different approach is needed. But Bruce and Dick will need to see eye to eye on more than just Arkham Tower, as a new villain known as THE MAEGER MAN wreaks havoc in the streets and becomes the embodiment of Gotham’s broken system!"

OMIGOSH stop staying in that city any longer than necessary! You have your own city! Let him and the rest of the army figure things out!

"Batman quits Gotham"

Bruce, Dick's apartment's empty. If you move to Bludhaven, he won't need to leave the city whenever you have an event again. We know the only reason he keeps coming back is because of you.
    What is Arkham Tower really going to do differently that they haven't tried before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    TEC might go back at being a team book again.
    This wouldn't surprise me. I don't see them having two "Bruce is out of Gotham" books.

I wonder if Tamaki will stay on the book. She's been writing Huntress enough...maybe she'll take over?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, Jace'll 100% be the Batman while Bruce is gone, but will he keep starring in I Am Batman or they will place him in the main Batman book?
    Now that is a great question...

I picked up I Am Batman #0 thinking I was not going to care for it and I actually liked it a lot.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What is Arkham Tower really going to do differently that they haven't tried before?
    It's gonna be funded by the government with Nakano spearheading it. The previous one is private and Jeremiah can basically do anything with it, supported by Bruce's funding that he is no longer able to do.

Basically, I guess he's had enough of those efforts having no result culminating in A-Day. I'd imagine he'd want to pick the securities and doctors himself.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-13-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Exactly. Good point.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    If they don't want to write out the characters Tynion created. Bruce joining Ghostmaker in the Haunt and tackling crime in other cities could be interesting. Maybe Harley or Miracle Molly could come along too. That would be an interesting status quo.
    That’s what I imagined, I see Bruce almost being fed up with having to deal with multiple villains taking over the city but getting no love after saving it multiple times. Not to mention maybe it would allow some time for him to reconnect with Damian should they run into each other.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's gonna be funded by the government with Nakano spearheading it. The previous one is private and Jeremiah can basically do anything with it, supported by Bruce's funding that he is no longer able to do.

Basically, I guess he's had enough of those efforts having no result culminating in A-Day. I'd imagine he'd want to pick the securities and doctors himself.
    This feels like an attempt to rectify an in-universe issue of effectiveness that probably won't really change that much.
    That’s what I imagined, I see Bruce almost being fed up with having to deal with multiple villains taking over the city but getting no love after saving it multiple times. Not to mention maybe it would allow some time for him to reconnect with Damian should they run into each other.
    That would be nice, but it seems like he's leaving a Gotham that's still a powder keg. I'm not sure if it's the right time.

When did Batman ever get, or wanted, love for his work?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This feels like an attempt to rectify an in-universe issue of effectiveness that probably won't really change that much.
    Oh, it's gonna fall. Like, physically. The whole Tower. Once they return to the usual status quo

Right now though I like that we're building Isengard in the middle of Gotham.

(We got Mount Doom in Metal)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wonder if Tynion's plans were always for Bruce to leave gotham, or if this is something the new writer decided on. Because Tynion already set up so many new villains and characters, it seems weird to leave the Gotham setting in the main book, even with Jace.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

This was definitely Tynion's idea. A crossover isn't something they can get ready in just a couple of days/weeks and his decision to leave DC was pretty abrupt.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Wonder if this is going to lead into a another No Man's land like story with something causing the tower to fall which leads into a mess that will cause a new update to Gotham. I mean there's an easy set up there for someone to use that tower to cause a crash and wreck stuff.

I mean Marvel's doing events too, right now they don't feel as often as DC though. And is it just me or are the Batbooks suffering from not having short one, two or three issues that cover a small mysteries and letting the characters have longer arcs in regard to their characters interactions to get readers used to the newer characters? I don't know, but like I miss the longer volumes that came out, like Tim's Robin book that managed to do cross overs but also still gave growth to the characters. Right now it feels very much like Marvel of the early 2000s when you would have tons of events but not enough with the teams in books interacting out of the suits. Or maybe it's just me.

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering what the plan is here because Tynion sets up a new status quo for Bruce in Gotham and then...just has him up and leave so soon? Which just seems to be so there's not two Batmen in Gotham and Jace has something to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Wonder if this is going to lead into a another No Man's land like story with something causing the tower to fall which leads into a mess that will cause a new update to Gotham. I mean there's an easy set up there for someone to use that tower to cause a crash and wreck stuff.

I mean Marvel's doing events too, right now they don't feel as often as DC though. And is it just me or are the Batbooks suffering from not having short one, two or three issues that cover a small mysteries and letting the characters have longer arcs in regard to their characters interactions to get readers used to the newer characters? I don't know, but like I miss the longer volumes that came out, like Tim's Robin book that managed to do cross overs but also still gave growth to the characters. Right now it feels very much like Marvel of the early 2000s when you would have tons of events but not enough with the teams in books interacting out of the suits. Or maybe it's just me.
    I can imagine that tower falling and, since it's even closer to the city, all the villains swarming in an even greater number than before.