Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Cass is too young to be Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cass is too young to be Batman.
    That, and Batwoman exists.

If we're talking about what's "necessary", though, there's no legacy character that is really necessary. There are just interesting characters that deserve to exist, and a Batman based around family and guilt isn't something available with any existing Bat-Family character.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    That, and Batwoman exists.

If we're talking about what's "necessary", though, there's no legacy character that is really necessary. There are just interesting characters that deserve to exist, and a Batman based around family and guilt isn't something available with any existing Bat-Family character.
    Cass is blunt enough that she'd just be Batman though .

I mean, you can probably make any legacy character work, it's just all in the execution and utilization of them. Some work better than others, and some work better in other situations than others.

Cass is blunt enough that she'd just be Batman though .

I mean, you can probably make any legacy character work, it's just all in the execution and utilization of them. Some work better than others, and some work better in other situations than others.
    I think all of the Infinite Frontier legacy characters are being handled fine so far. It's not like Bruce is staying in Gotham. Or Clark is flying around the streets of Metropolis.

I think all of the Infinite Frontier legacy characters are being handled fine so far. It's not like Bruce is staying in Gotham. Or Clark is flying around the streets of Metropolis.
    Well, I think we could argue whether those are sensible or necessary story directions beyond being narrative necessary for the other guys. I'm not buying Bruce leaving Gotham, personally.

Well, I think we could argue whether those are sensible or necessary story directions beyond being narrative necessary for the other guys. I'm not buying Bruce leaving Gotham, personally.
    To be fair, we don't know why Bruce leaves Gotham. I think it is necessary since Infinite Frontier is about building up the next generation without leaving the previous one behind. As long as we still get Bruce content monthly I'm fine with it.

To be fair, we don't know why Bruce leaves Gotham. I think it is necessary since Infinite Frontier is about building up the next generation without leaving the previous one behind. As long as we still get Bruce content monthly I'm fine with it.
    Well, it's necessary from a storytelling perspective because two Batmen in Gotham would be kind of redundant and overshadow what Jace is supposed to be if he absolutely has to be Batman.

I'm not sure how long a Batman world tour arc can last. He would never stay out of Gotham long.

Well, it's necessary from a storytelling perspective because two Batmen in Gotham would be kind of redundant and overshadow what Jace is supposed to be if he absolutely has to be Batman.

I'm not sure how long a Batman world tour arc can last. He would never stay out of Gotham long.
    I don't think two Batmen in Gotham is redundant since the point of Jace taking the mantle is that he's intentionally appropriating it in opposition of Bruce's Batman.

Yeah, Bruce will inevitably come back, same as Clark, but using the opportunity to develop Jace in the spotlight is a smart decision.

BANNED

Oh, I see. So two Batmen is redundant, but three Batgirls is a-ok? Hi hypocrite!

BANNED

Well, three if we’re lucky: more like two with a voice on comms.

I don't think two Batmen in Gotham is redundant since the point of Jace taking the mantle is that he's intentionally appropriating it in opposition of Bruce's Batman.
    Isn't it more in opposition of his dad? I think he just has a different mission objective than Batman entirely from the sense I'm getting.
    Yeah, Bruce will inevitably come back, same as Clark, but using the opportunity to develop Jace in the spotlight is a smart decision.
    I guess the problem is figuring out what to do with afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Oh, I see. So two Batmen is redundant, but three Batgirls is a-ok? Hi hypocrite!
    That depends. Are Bruce and Jace going to become partners? The dynamic is different because the identities are different.

BANNED

Isn't it more in opposition of his dad? I think he just has a different mission objective than Batman entirely from the sense I'm getting.

I guess the problem is figuring out what to do with afterwards.

That depends. Are Bruce and Jace going to become partners? The dynamic is different because the identities are different.
    It’s literally not. Two Batmen in one city: either you rally that they can both be Batman or you get the **** out with that ****! If we have to a million of everyone else than Batman was long overdue! Hell; make Bruce step down and mentor him from his apartment! No costume, in-name only!

It’s literally not. Two Batmen in one city: either you rally that they can both be Batman or you get the **** out with that ****! If we have to a million of everyone else than Batman was long overdue! Hell; make Bruce step down and mentor him from his apartment! No costume, in-name only!
    If they really needed to prop up Jace instead of still using Bruce, that would probably be the way to do it.

BANNED

If they really needed to prop up Jace instead of still using Bruce, that would probably be the way to do it.
    Aaaannnndd that’s different from Babs having to prop up Cass and Steph…how? Legacy?

Aaaannnndd that’s different from Babs having to prop up Cass and Steph…how? Legacy?
    We're already debating that in other threads, so let's not derail this one.