Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're already debating that in other threads, so let's not derail this one.
    No, let’s. How is it different? Because Bruce hasn’t forked over the name yet? Tough ****. Jace deserves it. He just does; and he can’t prove it until Bruce hands over that cowl and does nothing more than commentate—sorry—“mentor.”

So what is it? Is Jace valid or can there only be one Batman? Where are you arguing for Dick to get in there first and give up Nightwing to someone else? Tim needs a name.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    No, let’s. How is it different? Because Bruce hasn’t forked over the name yet? Tough ****. Jace deserves it. He just does; and he can’t prove it until Bruce hands over that cowl and does nothing more than commentate—sorry—“mentor.”

So what is it? Is Jace valid or can there only be one Batman? Where are you arguing for Dick to get in there first and give up Nightwing to someone else? Tim needs a name.
    A guy with only a few months of existence as an active hero absolutely does not deserve to take what is arguably, the most important mantle in superhero comics. JPV didn't deserve it and Tim Fox doesn't deserve it either. I don't care about Steph and Cass so I can't comment on their current endeavors but if you forgot, they were removed from canon by quite a few years because Barbara is the man Batgirl. And even now, the one getting top billing as Batgirl is still Babs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    A guy with only a few months of existence as an active hero absolutely does not deserve to take what is arguably, the most important mantle in superhero comics. JPV didn't deserve it and Tim Fox doesn't deserve it either. I don't care about Steph and Cass so I can't comment on their current endeavors but if you forgot, they were removed from canon by quite a few years because Barbara is the man Batgirl. And even now, the one getting top billing as Batgirl is still Babs.
    Nightwing doesn’t want
    Tim and Damian are to young

So why not Jace? It’s happening and their is no stopping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nightwing doesn’t want

I guess Jason's too busy fighting zombies to try again.

How about Duke? I guess we're one AU future away from his future Batman.

I guess the only thing is just how disconnected and out-of-nowhere Jace Fox seems to wider Gotham outside the Fox family, but I guess he'll have time to make a solo foot in Gotham now.

BANNED

Yeah, no, by that logic Steph and Cass deserve to be Batgirl even LESS. Hypocrites gonna hypocrite though! But it’s ok: I don’t care about Bruce.

BANNED

I guess Jason's too busy fighting zombies to try again.

How about Duke? I guess we're one AU future away from his future Batman.

I guess the only thing is just how disconnected and out-of-nowhere Jace Fox seems to wider Gotham outside the Fox family, but I guess he'll have time to make a solo foot in Gotham now.
    No more disconnected and out of place than Steph and Cass suddenly declaring themselves wanting to be Batgirls. Literally the same thing.

No more disconnected and out of place than Steph and Cass suddenly declaring themselves wanting to be Batgirls. Literally the same thing.
    If I recall correctly they were shown their Batgirl tenures and who they were supposed to become at the end of Tynion's 'Tec run and during Joker War they felt inspired to become more to deal with the fallout.

BANNED

If I recall correctly they were shown their Batgirl tenures and who they were supposed to become at the end of Tynion's 'Tec run and during Joker War they felt inspired to become more to deal with the fallout.
    And if they can do that and not get any pushback from Babs, then guess what? Gotham has room for an entire LEAGUE of Batman in the same building if they want. You either support mantle sharing, or you don’t.

Incredible Member

And if they can do that and not get any pushback from Babs, then guess what? Gotham has room for an entire LEAGUE of Batman in the same building if they want. You either support mantle sharing, or you don’t.
    I'm totally fine with mantel sharing. Bruce and Jace? Great. Steph, Cass, Barbara? Definitely. Peter and Miles? No problem. All the various Green Lanterns? Sure thing. And I like Jace a lot already, and have been following Second Son and I Am Batman.

But there is definitely a difference between Steph and Cass- two characters who have been heroes for 2+ decades in the real world, have both been active for a while in universe, and have seen a past in which they were Batgirls themselves- to take on a known mantel than for Jace Fox- a character only reintroduced into canon within the past year, with no prior superhero experience- taking on such a significant mantel. Especially in the case where Barbara is stepping back from field work into her Oracle role again.

But I also think that is part of Jace's story, a young upstart taking on the mantel of Batman as opposition to the privileged Bruce Wayne, whose interest Jace feels align more with the rich and powerful rather than the people of Gotham.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I'm totally fine with mantel sharing. Bruce and Jace? Great. Steph, Cass, Barbara? Definitely. Peter and Miles? No problem. All the various Green Lanterns? Sure thing. And I like Jace a lot already, and have been following Second Son and I Am Batman.

But there is definitely a difference between Steph and Cass- two characters who have been heroes for 2+ decades in the real world, have both been active for a while in universe, and have seen a past in which they were Batgirls themselves- to take on a known mantel than for Jace Fox- a character only reintroduced into canon within the past year, with no prior superhero experience- taking on such a significant mantel. Especially in the case where Barbara is stepping back from field work into her Oracle role again.

But I also think that is part of Jace's story, a young upstart taking on the mantel of Batman as opposition to the privileged Bruce Wayne, whose interest Jace feels align more with the rich and powerful rather than the people of Gotham.
    Yeah, no, you’re just being hypocritical. “It’s only ok until—“ that’s not how mantle sharing works.

Jace took up Batman, ergo, he’s entitled to it now. Bruce needs to back off and go do something equally as ‘important.’ Go be the extra exposition and support that Babs has been.

It would be cool if it lead into Taylor's miniseries. I liked Sigfighter's pitch in an earlier post. The batfamily filling in for Bruce is a cool hook for a story.

I like Jace but I'm not that interested in Jace as a replacement Batman. I just find replacements more of a half measure in comics. So I wouldn't be interested in Jason,Tim, Luke etc taking over either.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-16-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nightwing doesn’t want

How about no Batman?

The only reason the Gotham Knights game is getting away with using the same exact premise is that Bruce's kids are stepping up to continue his legacy in their own terms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be cool if it lead into Taylor's miniseries. I liked Sigfighter's pitch in an earlier post. The batfamily filling in for Bruce is a cool hook for a story.

I like Jace but I'm not that interested in Jace as a replacement Batman. I just find replacements more of a half measure in comics. So I wouldn't be interested in Jason,Tim, Luke etc taking over either.
    Too bad. We have to put up with replacement Batgirls, so replacement Batman is top priority! And Jace deserves it MORE than Bruce, because he needs the brand and Bruce is nobler fucking off into the background!

Too bad. We have to put up with replacement Batgirls, so replacement Batman is top priority! And Jace deserves it MORE than Bruce, because he needs the brand and Bruce is nobler fucking off into the background!
    I'm not for multiple Batgirls either.

How about no Batman?

The only reason the Gotham Knights game is getting away with using the same exact premise is that Bruce's kids are stepping up to continue his legacy in their own terms.
    I prefer this.