Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinister War 3

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I don't really care what happens to Kindred as a seperate entity, but I can't wait to see what happens when Peter and post-BND Harry (that must be what he is, in some way or another, right?) meet.

"You thought that guy with the centipedes was me? As in, the post-supervillainy me who you've known for over ten years now?"

"Well-"

"The endless monologues and the murders didn't seem a BIT OUT OF CHARACTER?"

"...."

"When your friend shows up dripping maggots and raising the dead you START ASKING QUESTIONS, PETER."
    I hope post-BND Harry sacrifices himself to take out Kindred, so they both can go away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I hope post-BND Harry sacrifices himself to take out Kindred, so they both can go away.
    Honestly, same.

I'm okay with Harry dying but his loss will still sadden me. It's so rare to have a supervillain who just... stops being a supervillain and settles down and has a fulfilling life. As a Harry fan for decades this Kindred stuff has put years on me, years I tell you.

I like Kindred, but he got boring after the reveal.
    - oh hi, Peter, you know what... Confess! Confess!
    He overstayed his welcome by this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I like Kindred, but he got boring after the reveal.
    - oh hi, Peter, you know what... Confess! Confess!
    He overstayed his welcome by this point.
    Fr, like it's OMD so it's tolerable but like just shut up

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I'm okay with Harry dying but his loss will still sadden me. It's so rare to have a supervillain who just... stops being a supervillain and settles down and has a fulfilling life. As a Harry fan for decades this Kindred stuff has put years on me, years I tell you.
    It is important to note who ( and who is not) listed for ASM 875. Listed are Peter, MJ, JJJ, Norman, Kindred, Beck and Aunt May ( not prisoner Harry or for that matter Carlie or Mephisto), so I do not see Harry going out “In a blaze of glory” ( although I certainly hope the fates of prisoner Harry, Carlie and of course the deal are not left to a future writer). I do think the presence of JJJ and ( especially) Aunt May is particularly foreboding for Peter. Why? She has not been in ASM for quite some time and maybe this is simply her ( and JJJ) with MJ at Peter’s bedside.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 08-15-2021 at 06:31 AM.

Incredible Member

I still believe JJJ’s declaration of finding his own hero has to do with Beyond and Ben Reilly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I still believe JJJ’s declaration of finding his own hero has to do with Beyond and Ben Reilly.
    Good theory, but I hope it plays in Spencer's run.
    Beyond seems like more of a sh*tshow specially for the Spider-marriage fans and I don't want Spencer's run to tie into it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    The problem with that is Ben is NOT in the comic, and this will be the final Spencer issue. I actually think JJJ will have some remorse about what has happened to Peter. One other point: It is NOT JJJ who picked Ben but the Beyond Corp, so it is not a situation like JJJ’s son John, Smythe or Scorpion.

Random thought, but thinking about it, even though they're not all on the same team and Kraven's a clone, I guess this is the closest we've gotten to an OG!Sinister Six reunion (Ock, Vulture, Electro, Sandman, Mysterio, Kraven) outside the Spidey comic.

Yeah all that Kindred circle talk gets really old, sure hope Spencer nails the landing of the OMD reveal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Random thought, but thinking about it, even though they're not all on the same team and Kraven's a clone, I guess this is the closest we've gotten to an OG!Sinister Six reunion (Ock, Vulture, Electro, Sandman, Mysterio, Kraven) outside the Spidey comic.
    Oh yeah.Looking forward to what those guys will do.
    The other 3 sinister teams seem like the warm up tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    If you think Marvel would leave one of their top tier villains on the shelf, I have some land I wish to sell you. It's kind of like asking DC to get rid of The Joker (which I feel needs to happen for a good 5 years), it is never going to happen.
    Exactly.

I could see if Otto was some D-list villain then the narrative of permanently changing him would be more valid but it's quite the contrary. Otto's not just one of Spider-Man's greatest foes, he rivals Norman Osborn/Green Goblin for the coveted archenemy spot in Spider-Man's rogues gallery. Too many classic moments, too many classic stories have solidified that.

As far as Kindred goes, he's a broken record. Initially, I was somewhat intrigued with Kindred but he's too one note for me to care anymore. In fact, I was disappointed to see Kindred return and be the main villain during this Sinister War. You have all of these classic Spider-Man villains being used as nothing more than puppets for a villain who's stuck on silly which deflates whatever enthusiasm I had coming into Sinister War.

Perhaps my biggest problem with Kindred is that he doesn't fit as a Spider-Man villain. Spider-Man as formidable as he is, is still a street level protagonist therefore his villains should reflect that bare minimum. Kindred (and I get he's supposed to be some sort of version of Harry but still) feels more like a Dr. Strange villain than a Spider-Man villain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    If you think Marvel would leave one of their top tier villains on the shelf, I have some land I wish to sell you. It's kind of like asking DC to get rid of The Joker (which I feel needs to happen for a good 5 years), it is never going to happen.
    That's the point dude, it should happen.Same with Joker.
    Not saying they will but they should