Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What if a swarm of de-winged mosquitoes attacked Barney the Dinosaur?
    But that's not what i've expected!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If the mosquito is carrying malaria or any other disease like West Nile, you're technically helping save a life, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
    This. The “self-defense” plea is totally legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If the mosquito is carrying malaria or any other disease like West Nile, you're technically helping save a life, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
    This. The “self-defense” plea is totally legit.
    How would you know?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

What if the mosquito was obese and rude?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What if the mosquito was obese and rude?
    You have to be careful. A lot of them online
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    How would you know?
    If some rando rushes me with a dirty syringe, I'm not gonna go, "Maybe it doesn't have hepatitis/malaria/HIV/etc. on it". I'm to grab whatever weapon's handy (preferably one with range) and drop the fucker.

Astonishing Member

I never kill a mosquito in the hope that I get bitten by a radioactive mosquito so I can gain the proportionate strength and agility of a mosquito.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Spiders just creep me out. Fortunately they don't grow that big in our area. Tip of the day. if you see one crawling on the floor or wall, have a spray of something handy, like Windex to slow them down. otherwise those little devils can evade your swats at it.
    I get what your saying but Spiders are natural allies for us. They hunt & eat insects. I tend to scoop them up with a piece of paper & put them outside where they belong.

Any other creepy crawlies get sanctioned on sight. No mercy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    One of the great vows of Jainist monks is to avoid injuring any life form.

They are saner than most people, I think.
    But I meant plucking out a mosquitoes wings might also be kinda crazy instead of killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    But I meant plucking out a mosquitoes wings might also be kinda crazy instead of killing it.
    And plucking out its wings might be killing it anyway.
    Do we know how much pain / trauma a mosquito would experience by having its wings plucked out?
    How will it get around without wings? Find nourishment? Avoid predators?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And plucking out its wings might be killing it anyway.
    Do we know how much pain / trauma a mosquito would experience by having its wings plucked out?
    How will it get around without wings? Find nourishment? Avoid predators?
    But that'd be also be kinda crazy or absurd to regret how the mosquito will suffer.
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 11-12-2023 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    But that'd be also be kinda crazy or absurd to regret how the mosquito will suffer.
    About the only creatures I will kill without the slightest hint of guilt/regret are ones that harm me or my pets, or Ants/Cockroaches.

I feel no sympathy for Cows anymore as after a particularly wet summer back in Texas it came out that some were eating themselves to death. We did that to them which can be seen as horrific, but at this point they aren't good for anything but food & dairy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    About the only creatures I will kill without the slightest hint of guilt/regret are ones that harm me or my pets, or Ants/Cockroaches.

I feel no sympathy for Cows anymore as after a particularly wet summer back in Texas it came out that some were eating themselves to death. We did that to them which can be seen as horrific, but at this point they aren't good for anything but food & dairy.
    I honor the sacrifice of cows by eating the thickest juiciest burger I can find!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I honor the sacrifice of cows by eating the thickest juiciest burger I can find!
    It's so hard to find good BBQ here in FL, I would kill for a serving of brisket from the old Fuschak's shop in San Marcos TX, but they got closed permanently during COVID. Sauces in FL are far too sweet, and the BBQ beans are even sweeter. A BBQ Sauce can't have no sugar/honey, but that shouldn't be the strongest flavor either. Everything I've tried that says "Texas BBW" is nearly tasteless rather than what's actually served in TX.

And I think that if I'm going to keep going on here I'll need to head over to the Controversial Opinions thread