Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I would say no because Hank feels like an huge unlikeable meat-head. Like Guy Gardner without the charm.

based on the latest episode of Titans I'd say no
    The J-man

My preference in the comics is no. Before Flashpoint pulled the rug out, Brightest Day set up some really interesting stories that were clearly intended to continue but for the impetuous reboot. I loved Brightest Day and I especially loved the Dawn/Deadman romance and even Hank’s role in that. I’d never have thought of that pairing but I just loved it.

On the show, the Hank/Dawn relationship is one of the very few things that works for me. I also like that she has history with Dick. Mostly the show is a hot mess but Hawk and Dove have been a real highlight. Also, though I know that saying such things these days is creepy coming from a 52 year old man, Minka Kelly is far and away my biggest celebrity crush. Still, on such a rotten show, I wouldn’t have cared about that if she wasn’t so damn good on it. Allen Richton has been pretty terrific too. Going back to season one, especially the Don Hall stuff and the new way that Hank and Dawn came to know one another, fight crime together, and become a couple, their storyline has been so good it really does feel like an entirely different show and when they’re a part of the broader narrative they always make tye sho2 so much better. So on the show, yeah, for sure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    On the show, the Hank/Dawn relationship is one of the very few things that works for me. I also like that she has history with Dick. Mostly the show is a hot mess but Hawk and Dove have been a real highlight. Also, though I know that saying such things these days is creepy coming from a 52 year old man, Minka Kelly is far and away my biggest celebrity crush. Still, on such a rotten show, I wouldn’t have cared about that if she wasn’t so damn good on it. Allen Richton has been pretty terrific too. Going back to season one, especially the Don Hall stuff and the new way that Hank and Dawn came to know one another, fight crime together, and become a couple, their storyline has been so good it really does feel like an entirely different show and when they’re a part of the broader narrative they always make tye sho2 so much better. So on the show, yeah, for sure.
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. The Hank and Dawn episodes always tend to be the best. That's why I'm kind of like "why haven't they explored this in the comics?"

And yeah, I kinda did like Dawn and Deadman together, but...that relationship was never gonna last and quickly fell apart, for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-17-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    based on the latest episode of Titans I'd say no
    Whatever do you mean? Dawn loves Hank to pieces!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Whatever do you mean? Dawn loves Hank to pieces!
    Aw man, too soon. lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Aw man, too soon. lol
    I'm just saying, their love for one another is spread all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I really enjoyed the 80’s/90’s comic; it was the best version of the characters.
    Hard agree, it is my favorite underrated series. It was the only time they've been written well sadly. They were truly in balance, where each of them brought something to the table and each had their flaws.

Most takes since (and before frankly) made Dove an ineffective whiner and Hawk a violent madman. Just very basic takes.

I do like the show versions somewhat, but wish they'd illustrate the contrast between them better.

Ultimate Member

I'm curious, was it ever explained why they don;t have powers in the TV show? Making them bad ass norms, with those bulky costumes, just seems odd.

Extraordinary Member

I'm just saying, their love for one another is spread all over the place.
    How dare you toy around with my emotions like that. lolol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    How dare you toy around with my emotions like that. lolol.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to trigger your emotions and make them blow up like :P

...yes, I'm a jerk

In all seriousness, though, I haven't been impressed by what I've read about Hawk and Dove on Titans. Johns needs some damn reins on his worse impulses

One: Dawn Granger was dead Pre-Flashpoint.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    No she wasn't. She was resurrected in JSA, and Hank came back in Brightest Day

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Johns fixed her (in JSA) and Hank (in Blackest Night/Brightest Day). It's almost certainly Johns who also put them into the Titans shows. I think it's obvious that he liked the Kessel Hawk and Dove book and went to a lot of effort to reverse what happened to them in Armaggedon.

I'm curious, was it ever explained why they don;t have powers in the TV show? Making them bad ass norms, with those bulky costumes, just seems odd.
    Likely a budget issue. There's already precedent for that sort of thing in adaptations anyway.