Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    That is really a low blow from Marvel against Leah, Baldeon and others involved. It's hard for us fans to ask them to care about the product if they know that things like this can happen. Why should they care at all. It certainly doesn't foster a good enviroment for either the creators or us readers.

The next question is how deep the problem goes. I remember when reading Jim Shooters blog posts about his time at Marvel that these problems permatetes Marvel at every level. So even if we want to blame editorial for some decisions. Or marketting, or the EIC. Disney as it is is also has levels of problems. In the end I dobut that Marvel will change unless it is sold to someone who will allow that. That doesnt' excuse the horrible way some of these problems are dealt with. In this instance the communication between Marvel and Leah&Co.
    The problem, ultimately, is the same as always. It's corporate. Corporates don't give a good goddamn about the creative process or emotional investment by fans and creatives alike --- they just want to milk all the profit they can out of whatever they own, and they don't care how you or anyone else feels about it, as long as it's selling and people are willing to buy it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Listening to the podcast, it’s kinda crazy how much she’s letting loose. Even Ales Kot kept pretty zipped after he left the big two.

I hate to think how Marvel PR is thinking on this and hope she hasn’t burnt bridges for the future.

It is a little surprising how much she cut loose when she's got a big story about to come out.

"Harmonious writers room" was always BS. Remember how testy Leah got when Polaris won the fan vote to be booted off her series into X-men?

While I wasn't a fan of anything about this X-Factor volume (sorry, just wasn't my thing), how the writer and artist were treated was reprehensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xfactor 4 was the only good issue of the series...lol
    Hard disagree in the exact opposite direction, but this isn't the thread to go into it so I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Remember how testy Leah got when Polaris won the fan vote to be booted off her series into X-men?
    I haven't looked directly at her tweets since during the vote itself, but to be fair of what I've heard, it sounded like she was pretending to be upset as an attention draw for X-Factor. Following the "controversy/drama sells" concept.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oddly enough...her story is not a new one nor is it an isolated one.
    There are very similar and worse stories dating all the way back to the early years of Marvel.

That said...I can absolutely see how such treatment would make other creators give serious consideration to seeking better contracts and "working conditions" elsewhere.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Is that supposed to be Leah? If so, I hadnt realized she was in the issue

The Red Dragon

It is a little surprising how much she cut loose when she's got a big story about to come out.

"Harmonious writers room" was always BS. Remember how testy Leah got when Polaris won the fan vote to be booted off her series into X-men?
    She shouldn’t have put her up for the vote then. It was pretty obvious from the other nominees that Polaris was the highest profile one and would have won. She dug her own grave on that one so she has no reason to be testy. The vote and xmen team would have been way more interesting with a less safe choice like Tempo.

I wasnt a big fan of this XFactor but that sucks anyways to see how it went down. But why let all this out now? Any publicity is good publicity so it’s probably not a coincidence this came out the same week Trail of Mags comes out.
    Last edited by Tank; 08-16-2021 at 05:11 PM.

To be fair I listened to the whole thing I don't think she said anything outright terrible about Marvel, but if she had it would be deserved I mean this woman was dragged through the mud like I read some of the tweets when the whole Prodigy thing went to print & come to find out she was just as shocked as everyone else that's fucked up.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Clearly, there's something rotten in the Kingdom of Marvel...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Clearly, there's something rotten in the Kingdom of Marvel...
    That's been the case for a long time, sadly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's been the case for a long time, sadly.
    The book "Marvel Comics: The Untold Story" is a fascinating read into the history of both the company of Marvel Comics from it's beginnings as Timely Comics until it's new success with the MCU movies til 2012 (when the book was published) and the american comic book industry over the decades in general.

After reading it, one really shouldn't be suprised at the notion that there is a lot of mismanagement going on behind the scenes at Marvel Comics at the moment. Since that feels like a repeating pattern they never quite managed to overcome, even with a market crash (caused by actions they are actively repeating at the moment) and bankruptcy bringing them close to vanishing in the past.

So yes a long time in this case can date back whole decades, not just the last 20 years.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-16-2021 at 07:32 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I always thought this was marketing bullshit; no wonder Hickman bounced with his ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    To be fair I listened to the whole thing I don't think she said anything outright terrible about Marvel, but if she had it would be deserved I mean this woman was dragged through the mud like I read some of the tweets when the whole Prodigy thing went to print & come to find out she was just as shocked as everyone else that's fucked up.
    What backlash happened with Prodigy?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I really didn't like this book at all. I honestly thought it was one of the worst x-books i've ever read, along with the current Excalibur book. Having said that, if her vision and story was dramatically changed, I won't blame her for this.