Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I bet Marvel is PISSED at Williams cause this all came out the day before they announced Hickman’s departure and any attempts to make that seem planned out are waaaay less believable.
    Let them be. Maybe this will be a lesson for them in the object dangers of disrespecting their creative talent the way they have here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No-one gives a shit what twitter says. Whenever there's a news story about outrage on twitter it's just an excuse to promote a product with some drummed-up controversy. Only sales really matters to the publisher.

I mean, how many decades now have people been boycotting Nestle for pushing formula milk in the Third World?
    Here is the difference-those folks are not doxxing, harassing's or trying to psychically harm folks.
    At least those folks can prove proof versus Twitter when too many make up stuff. That hurt sales.

Trying to avoid upsetting Twitter means Marvel can’t experiment or do weird things. Twitter makes sure comics are predictable based on demographics.
    Marvel is NOT trying to upset Twitter.
    So it's Marvel's fault Gabby Rivera got death threats over America's book?
    Natacha Bustos, she got attacked over Nichelle Wright's costume-was that Marvel's fault?
    Anything Marvel or Dc try ANYTHING with a POC the Twitter trolls throw fits. So are they suppose to stop doing anything with POC?

I bet Marvel is PISSED at Williams cause this all came out the day before they announced Hickman’s departure and any attempts to make that seem planned out are waaaay less believable.
    I DOUBT she cares. Highly doubt it. She's about to do the biggest book of her career that will get orders and trade sales.
    Marvel actually did her a favor and made it bigger for her.

Marvel can't be mad because this editorial nonsense isn't exclusive to her. That is on the COMPANY.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Marvel's deserves it, but Leah ain't that big or good of a writer that she will get viewers if she does her own stuff because of her name so she should tread more carefully.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-17-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Here is the difference-those folks are not doxxing, harassing's or trying to psychically harm folks.
    At least those folks can prove proof versus Twitter when too many make up stuff. That hurt sales.

Marvel is NOT trying to upset Twitter.
    So it's Marvel's fault Gabby Rivera got death threats over America's book?
    Natacha Bustos, she got attacked over Nichelle Wright's costume-was that Marvel's fault?
    Anything Marvel or Dc try ANYTHING with a POC the Twitter trolls throw fits. So are they suppose to stop doing anything with POC?

I DOUBT she cares. Highly doubt it. She's about to do the biggest book of her career that will get orders and trade sales.
    Marvel actually did her a favor and made it bigger for her.

Marvel can't be mad because this editorial nonsense isn't exclusive to her. That is on the COMPANY.
    I mean no one should take twitter seriously, both sides (SJW's and people against diversity) are crazy and extremists.

And from what I have seen from a Trial of Magneto early review it's just another X-factor issue which is disappointing and not a good one at that.I hope the review is wrong, this is her first and now possibly last big thing at marvel.If this is bad, with the reach it will get it may be the nail in the coffin.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean no one should take twitter seriously, both sides (SJW's and people against diversity) are crazy and extremists.

And from what I have seen from a Trial of Magneto early review it's just another X-factor issue which is disappointing and not a good one at that.I hope the review is wrong, this is her first and now possibly last big thing at marvel.If this is bad, with the reach it will get it may be the nail in the coffin.
    Another wordy slog. Someone needs to learn how trim the conversations. It feels especially long because a lot of the drama in the book felt forced.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Another wordy slog. Someone needs to learn how trim the conversations. It feels especially long because a lot of the drama in the book felt forced.
    I'm guessing your taking about the trial, right?

The guy also said it was forced and out of character.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm guessing your taking about the trial, right?

The guy also said it was forced and out of character.
    Yes sir. There were several forced and out of character moments to force the drama.

I highly doubt Trial of Magneto is just another X-Factor issue, Leah Williams has two of Marvels biggest toys to play with in this mini series, the X-Men and the Avengers, the sky is the limit for her.
    Let's hope that she knocks it out of the park.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I highly doubt Trial of Magneto is just another X-Factor issue, Leah Williams has two of Marvels biggest toys to play with in this mini series, the X-Men and the Avengers, the sky is the limit for her.
    Let's hope that she knocks it out of the park.
    Doubt it. In fact I suspect just like most of the Avengers/X-men tripe before it, it's going to fall flat on it's face.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Some important parts from the interview:

• Some of the lost plans:
    • Shatterstar was supposed to become Krakoa’s God of Battle by defeating the Morrigan and Morrigan become a God of Rebirth and Healing. we saw Shatterstar defeating Morrigan in the comic, but the line that would’ve explained it was taken out (if I understood it correctly)

So, instead of Theresa being Shatterstar's counterpart, it looks like that was shifted to Rictor, which makes far more sense. I hope that this arc is carried over in Excalibur and examined further (although I do have my doubts).