Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am not really surprised..most from Hollywood from what i gather "don't get superman". Translation they don't care for the character..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-16-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Let's wait until James Gunn confirms this.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Is there some source that this topic is from?
    Here's a source:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    In any case, Gunn wanted to send the Suicide Squad into the fight against an out of control Superman at the very beginning of the project, as he reveals to us in an exclusive interview:

"When I started writing 'The Suicide Squad', one idea was that they would fight Superman."

Gunn continues: “The Suicide Squad has to catch Superman for some reason. That was all, just a vague idea. It's gotten out of control or is being controlled by someone. And then this group of lousy super villains has to face the most powerful hero in the world. I like this idea and if DC does this sequel, then please not without me."

https://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18536785.html

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Welp, now I have no reason to see the movie.
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Here's a source:
    But the quotes from Gunn never have him say Superman is the villain. I could see how this could have played out in the actual movie. But I can't say just how without giving away spoilers (although the movie has been pretty much spoiled online--it's not my policy to spoil movies for people). The movie amalgamates a few different plots from the comics (including one that directly involved the Man of Steel in the original story).

It's weird that I have to defend Gunn, since his kind of movies are not the ones I want to go to bat for--but I would do the same for any director--and judged on its own merits THE SUICIDE SQUAD is perfect.

Happy it did not happen...yet.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Last weekend I had a funny (and telling) convo with my 12 year old nephew. Said he didn’t like Superman because all he ever does is turn evil and do bad things to his friends. That got a good chuckle out of me.

truly-wonderful-the-mind-of-a-child-is-meme-40d3f6514e291811-abfa63d2cf731563.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Welp, now I have no reason to see the movie.
    Watch it. It's a lot of fun. One of the best DCEU movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But the quotes from Gunn never have him say Superman is the villain. I could see how this could have played out in the actual movie. But I can't say just how without giving away spoilers (although the movie has been pretty much spoiled online--it's not my policy to spoil movies for people). The movie amalgamates a few different plots from the comics (including one that directly involved the Man of Steel in the original story).

It's weird that I have to defend Gunn, since his kind of movies are not the ones I want to go to bat for--but I would do the same for any director--and judged on its own merits THE SUICIDE SQUAD is perfect.
    It's just that most of Superman fans around here had enough of Superman being out of control or mind controlled.