Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Default Marching Madness Marvel Events and Tie-Ins

Marvel loves doing line-wide events. Often to the detriment of the writing teams who work for each respective office and the story lines of the characters at the time.

I’m going through my library and I’m dumbfounded how many events comics I own.

From the Secret Wars box set, the Infinity Gauntlet box set, Acts of Vengeance, Age of Apocalypse, House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Annihilation/Conquest, War of Kings, Siege, Avengers vs X-Men, Age of Ultron, Original Sin, Axis, Spider-Verse, Secret Wars (2015), Inhumans vs X-Men, and various events from the Ultimate universe.

I never read Fear Itself or Secret Empire, and I haven’t bothered to keep up with the goings own after Marvel Now 2.0.

I own a few of the recommended tie-ins for things like House of M, War of Kings and Secret Wars 2015. But mostly I stick to the main event titles.

My question is; how many of these events and their obligatory tie-ins would you say hold up?
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 08-16-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

It shouldn't be a surprise, but I would say that it's the space and cosmic events that hold up the best.

The original Secret Wars, Infinity Gauntlet, Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest and War of Kings are my favorites. The original Secret Wars for sheer epicness and nostalgia. The modern events keep their stories tight and didn't try to fit the entire MU into the event with tie-ins.

For sheer absurdity, World War Hulk is definitely one for the books.