Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Very excited for Red Hood and Zatanna.

Wonder other webcomics they'll be licensing. Hopefully not just more Batstuff, a Superman book would be fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zatanna and Vixen have webtoons.
    Zatanna belongs to the Batmanverse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That's not true, though. Sure, Red Hood is a bat character, but Zatanna and Vixen are their own heroes. Plus the RH comic will also star Bizarro and Artemis, so it's not like it's another pure Batbook.
    I don't always love their creative choices (like Americanizing Vixen), but I do commend them for trying different stuff with other characters.
    I just really hope Constantine's role in Zatanna's story isn't too big. It's like we can only get Zatanna stories if we endure their terrible relationship.
    RH is the worst of all, it will be played by a character from the Batman verse and the rest will be secondary, who he believes will be given priority.

BANNED

I don't understand why Batfans are so bothered that it is said that only Batman matters in DC, nowadays DC is the Batverse and a lot of Spin offs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I mean, that's just not true.

Extraordinary Member

all focused on the verse of Batman, congratulations to the fans of Batman and his universe, since you have so little content, the fans of the rest of the characters do not need it, we already have plenty.
    Thing is you need Batman to bring readers in, I mean just check out the number of likes WFA had on the first comics and the ones Vixen had.

Assuming those correlate to readers I think it is pretty clear why they have to lead with Batman over more obscure characters for people to check it out.

...How? Like, she's been associated with him, yeah, but I think it's a stretch to say she at all "belongs" to him.

Wasn't Alan Scott's base of operations Gotham City in the past? So does he belong to the Batmanverse too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wasn't Alan Scott's base of operations Gotham City in the past? So does he belong to the Batmanverse too.
    I think so but I'm not completely sure. I think the JSA had actually their HQ in Gotham for time ...

But there have been other non Batman characters that have lived in Gotham: Ragman, Jason Blood, Hitman and Creeper.

Alan Scott was co-created by Bill Finger so I wouldn't be surprised if there were references to Gotham in his stories. He also co created Wildcat who sometimes shows up in Gotham and trained both Bruce and Selina.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But there have been other non Batman characters that have lived in Gotham: Ragman, Jason Blood, Hitman and Creeper.
    There is also Simon Dark.

Jonah Hex's ongoing was briefly set in the 19th century Gotham at one point.

All the aforementioned characters along with the Zatara's I consider to be like distant cousins of the Bat Family rather than part of the core Bat Family.

The Zatara's having a mansion in Gotham City was first established in Justice League of America Vol 1 #161 (1978) so they always had some tertiary connection to Gotham even way back.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I get people have Bat-Fatigue but I don't think these Webtoons are quite the source for it.

Kirby's The Demon was also set in Gotham.

Extraordinary Member

I'm actually surprised that they are going with relatively small IPs like Vixen, Zatanna and RHatO, I would have actually expected for them to use more popular IPs like Superman, Flash, Titans, Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm actually surprised that they are going with relatively small IPs like Vixen, Zatanna and RHatO, I would have actually expected for them to use more popular IPs like Superman, Flash, Titans, Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn.
    Titans would be a much better fit for Webtoon than the direct market. I’m sure they’ll put a HQ webtoon out at some point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

They seek to sell, that's why they put Batman everywhere, I accept it very well, but putting Zatanna or RH, before the rest of the JL, is something very different, DC appreciates the leftovers of the Batverse before the rest of its greats verses.