Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    1: I have nothing against Zatanna.
    2: For the general public, Zatanna belongs to the Batverse.
    3: What I don't like is the double talk. It's good that Batman is everywhere because he sells, it's good that Zatanna and Vixen have their series because that way lesser-known characters are given an opportunity. Is it a speech or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do we know that for sure? Like, it's been a long-time since the DCAU, people probably associate Zatanna more with Constantine or maybe DC Super Hero Girls than they do Batman.

Why can't people be happy with Zatann and Vixen getting series?
    The general public has no idea Zatanna exists.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The general public has no idea Zatanna exists.
    Actually they do.

Folks forget about other venues that showcase characters.

She has 7 trades.

Is she not included in DC Superhero girls?

Another example-my sister is a teacher. Her elementary age students knew who Duke Thomas was but had no idea who STORM was. Storm from how many X-Men movies and played by Hallie Berry.

How because Imaginetext includes Duke in the Batman toyline like they do Jaime and Batwing.
    Meanwhile nothing with Storm is being marketed to kids.

Why can't people be happy with Zatann and Vixen getting series?
    Because some folks do NOT want them to have those series. Especially not when certain others are asking where are the ones that really matter or who they THINK really matter.

Now this link to Batman? Nothing with Zantana that is out has her linked to him. Now a search for her on Amazon DOES bring Batman up but it also brings up WW, Superman, Saga, Hulk, indy books, Harley, Mr Miracle and Justice League Dark.

Yeah, I think Zatanna's appeared in too much media for the general public to be completely unaware of her. Not that she's Wonder Woman level, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Actually they do.

Folks forget about other venues that showcase characters.

She has 7 trades.

Is she not included in DC Superhero girls?

Another example-my sister is a teacher. Her elementary age students knew who Duke Thomas was but had no idea who STORM was. Storm from how many X-Men movies and played by Hallie Berry.

How because Imaginetext includes Duke in the Batman toyline like they do Jaime and Batwing.
    Meanwhile nothing with Storm is being marketed to kids.

Because some folks do NOT want them to have those series. Especially not when certain others are asking where are the ones that really matter or who they THINK really matter.

Now this link to Batman? Nothing with Zantana that is out has her linked to him. Now a search for her on Amazon DOES bring Batman up but it also brings up WW, Superman, Saga, Hulk, indy books, Harley, Mr Miracle and Justice League Dark.
    How did they know Duke? Curious what he's been in that they'd have read or watched.
    Edit: I should read the whole thing before posting. Imaginext toys. Which is kinda adorable.

Yeah, I think Zatanna's appeared in too much media for the general public to be completely unaware of her. Not that she's Wonder Woman level, but still.
    I follow comics and don't know anything she was in besides Young Justice. Maybe Smallville at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I follow comics and don't know anything she was in besides Young Justice. Maybe Smallville at one point?
    She's in the old DCAMU in Justice League Dark. She's in Superhero Girls. And...that's all off the top of my head, but SHG seems to have a good audience.

Zatanna is one of the cases that a character is popular but not mainstream enough yet. I love the steady increase of contents she got lately, and hopefully she is well written there and propel her up in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    1: I have nothing against Zatanna.
    2: For the general public, Zatanna belongs to the Batverse.
    3: What I don't like is the double talk. It's good that Batman is everywhere because he sells, it's good that Zatanna and Vixen have their series because that way lesser-known characters are given an opportunity. Is it a speech or the other.
    I'm curious what parameters You use to say that Zatanna belong to Batverse. I do like her as honorable member on Batfam xd, looking forward to see her interacting more with them especially with Babs.

Looking from Your point of view, I do see some people that said they know Zatanna from BTAS episode "Zatanna". But then again so does people that know Zee from Young Justice, Justice League Dark animated movie or even DC SHG. In the comic, recently Zatanna appeared a lot in Batman books, but she still have stronger appearances in Justice League Dark run and other books and events. From what I see people either see Zatanna as classic Magician or as Sorcerer in Justice League Dark. Zatanna magic power are also contrasting Batman reliance on logic so in general audiences view, they are so different.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    She's in the old DCAMU in Justice League Dark. She's in Superhero Girls. And...that's all off the top of my head, but SHG seems to have a good audience.
    She's made the rounds:

This also isn't counting video game appearances.

Yeah, she was in at least 2 episodes of Smallville, played by Serinda Swan.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

She's made the rounds:

This also isn't counting video game appearances.
    My point being she may not be as popular as some think. Not everyone remembers bit roles in cartoons.

My point being she may not be as popular as some think. Not everyone remembers bit roles in cartoons.
    I mean, she's appeared frequently and played prominent role. I think it's more than just "bit roles" - but that's just me.

Ultimate Member

And I could say the same about a LOT of characters.

I think the issue is as always why is there a faction of folks that act like if it's not Batman, Hal, WW, Barry or Superman-DC is wasting money.

What is DC suppose to do when they see Batman up there in sales and My Hero Academia, Static, Moon Girl, Vampirella, Something Killing Children and so on are right there next to him?

Ignore them?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Does it matter if Zatanna isn't well known? The most popular webtoons are originals.

Zatanna probably fits webtoon more than the bigger DC characters people might have in mind. They like fantasies and cool female characters.
    Last edited by OopsIdiditagain; 06-28-2022 at 12:56 PM.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Does it matter if Zatanna isn't well known? The most popular webtoons are originals.

Zatanna probably fits webtoon more than the bigger DC characters people might have in mind. They like fantasies and cool female characters.
    Honestly, this.
    Would love to see even more "less popular" characters get shots at these new markets, could totally shake up the industry and genre.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Honestly, this.
    Would love to see even more "less popular" characters get shots at these new markets, could totally shake up the industry and genre.
    It might be better than giving less popular characters comics, webtoons are cheaper so people are more open to trying out new stories there.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?