Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

I wonder if the success of these would have DC consider making their own, in-continuity, webtoons. At the very least, considering a digital format for books they aren't convinced would sell well in non-trade physical format.

Will these books ever be recounted in print or not? I think that would help provide evidence about the potential success of digital-to-trade.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    When it comes to the popularity on webtoons, WFA has (when I understand the stats on webtoon correctly) about 47,6 million views, so a little over 1 million per free chapter, Vixen has just a little over 640K views, so about 80K viewes per free chapter.
    So WFA has about 12-13 times more readers.
    So small update in this regard, now that WFA has finished it's first season:

WFA has now 53,9 million views with 51 chapters, so about 1.06 million views per chapter.

Vixen has 1 million views with 14 chapters, so about 71.4K views per chapter.

Zatanna has 1 million views with 7 chapters, so about 143K views per chapter.

So Zatanna has twice as manv views as Vixen per chapter, and WFA hast 14-15 times as many as Vixen.

Mighty Member

WFA has now 53,9 million views with 51 chapters, so about 1.06 million views per chapter.

So Zatanna has twice as manv views as Vixen per chapter, and WFA hast 14-15 times as many as Vixen.

Yeah, not gonna even comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I wonder if the success of these would have DC consider making their own, in-continuity, webtoons. At the very least, considering a digital format for books they aren't convinced would sell well in non-trade physical format.

Will these books ever be recounted in print or not? I think that would help provide evidence about the potential success of digital-to-trade.
    They should make DC Universe Infinite exclusive comics, it’s what Marvel does.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

O_o The power of Webtoon, I guess.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I don't think so, the target audience is very different - like Vordan said DC Universe Infinite exclusive comics is probably more of a possibility.

Certainly possible, other Webtoons have physical editions.

So they're doing well, basically ?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't think so, the target audience is very different - like Vordan said DC Universe Infinite exclusive comics is probably more of a possibility.

Certainly possible, other Webtoons have physical editions.
    Yeah wbtoons like Bastard, Lore Olympus, Tower of God, Solo leveling and Heartstopper (yes the netflix one) have a print. WFA is definitely getting one.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

It’s weird to me that they haven’t done Superman or Wonder Woman related Webtoons yet. Maybe that’s coming next year?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Aquaman/Mera webtoon would be kickass.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Aquaman/Mera webtoon would be kickass.
    All the main Leaguers should get one. A GL one that’s just the GLs teaming up and bantering with each other would do well I’d wager.

I was surprised we got Zatanna and Vixen webtoons so at this point it feels like anyone's guess what the next one will be .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s weird to me that they haven’t done Superman or Wonder Woman related Webtoons yet. Maybe that’s coming next year?
    I guess they saving the big guns and release it one by one while pairing it with less popular characters or team to maintain high interest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So they're doing well, basically ?
    I'm not really sure what good numbers at Webtoons are.

WFA 1 million views per chaper, seems a pretty strong number, but I have nor idea if the other two have by webtoon standarts ok or bad numbers.

Btw. shouldn't the Red Hood one be allready online? I'm not able to find it.

Yeah it's honestly to judge Webtoon characteristics of doing well series. It's like Manga there are ton of Series on the middle to low tier of popularity, so the numbers is so varied. Zatanna series uniquely gain lot of subscribers but the viewers number is on good term I guess, especially with its status as still fresh series

Red Hood out tomorrow, it's say on Sunday IIRC. Idk about Your timezone, but I guess on Afternoon for American. I'm expecting great numbers for that series