Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's only one webtoon. I'll wait to see what more we get, although I'd say they do push other characters even if Batman and his associates gets pushed the most.
    Except that they won’t

God…I wish an antitrust suit breaks up Warner’s and DC

Because the Batman overuse is clearly Warner’s fault

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ll happily take an equivalent for the other major families (Super, Wonder, GL, Flash, etc), the lesser known members of those families are dying for content right now. A big “Family” book for each group would be hugely successful, I know I’d sub to Webtoon to read a Superfamily comic with Kenan and Steel in it for example.
    Keep dreaming

Since when had anything but Batman not get fucked over?

Let me guess, the next webtoon will be about Harley

It's only one webtoon. I'll wait to see what more we get, although I'd say they do push other characters even if Batman and his associates gets pushed the most.
    I know people are trying to justify this but it doesn't work with me. All of my little cousins know exactly who each and every Marvel character is. When it comes to DC, it's nothing but silence. Batman, Superman and "the lady who has a rope" is all they know. That is a HUGE problem that DC has created. Their characters aren't identifying with this new generation.
    "Fresh air is the best therapy."

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Let me guess, the next webtoon will be about Harley
    Then they'll be like "See I told you they'd do other characters." lol
    "Fresh air is the best therapy."

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    Except that they won’t

God…I wish an antitrust suit breaks up Warner’s and DC

Because the Batman overuse is clearly Warner’s fault
    I mean, you see how much DC pushes Batman on the comics side, I don't think it's just WB.
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I know people are trying to justify this but it doesn't work with me. All of my little cousins know exactly who each and every Marvel character is. When it comes to DC, it's nothing but silence. Batman, Superman and "the lady who has a rope" is all they know. That is a HUGE problem that DC has created. Their characters aren't identifying with this new generation.
    I feel like it depends on an individual perspective because I'm surprised if anyone doesn't know who Wonder Woman, Flash, Shazam, or Aquaman are at least.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Official Batman webtoon while official BTAS OST playing in the background. Other characters too. Do it.
    Not exactly what I wanted, but still like it nonetheless because they saw the market and actually take it. Tumblr has been saying for YEARS that the Bat fam story they're interested is the sitcom type (they love Li'l Gotham) and now it's finally here officially.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Batman being first was predictable (and if we're being honest, definitely the right choice to test the waters). I'd expect Superman, Flash or the JL to be next, maybe WW, GL, the Titans or the Suicide Squad after them.

I'd assume the easiest thing to do would be to just make some family sitcom for every property that allows it the way they're doing with Batman, but maybe they'd want to broaden their appeal. I'd say office romance for Superman & Lois, but that's already the pitch of their upcoming cartoon, so... some Superman Rebirth-inspired take? JL is an office comedy, Suicide Squad is a more mean-spirited office comedy, Titans a teenage sitcom, no idea for the rest. I'd bet anything that, if there's a GL webtoon coming out, Jessica will be the protagonist (for various reasons).

I tremble in fear at the thought of a tumblr-inspired take on Clark's and Kon's relationship used for drama (though if used for comedy it could be pretty funny).
    Lmao I’m guessing Clark would be a deadbeat dad in line with YJ. Which wouldn’t be quite out of character given how he treats Kon and Kara initially but still pretty crappy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Damn: https://twitter.com/choffercbus/stat...865207808?s=21

Over 100K WEBTOON readers, most of them young adults and twenty-somethings, have subscribed to a Batman comic where Batman’s assorted sidekicks fight over Alfred’s last cookie.
    Looks like people are reading in droves. Hope the other characters get their own stuff, seems like a great way to get the new gen to care about the characters.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks like people are reading in droves. Hope the other characters get their own stuff, seems like a great way to get the new gen to care about the characters.
    I just hope this doesn't make people take it as canon enough to assume the characters are always like how they're depicted in a webtoon.

I just hope this doesn't make people take it as canon enough to assume the characters are always like how they're depicted in a webtoon.
    Considering most of these characters have been in cartoons, movies, and videogames, they should know that. Considering most of them will never read a comic book or graphic novel, does it matter?

Extraordinary Member

Up to 185.1K subscribers.

Mighty Member

Press X to "doubt". This is DC you know, unlike Marvel who is willing to take a risk.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Lmao I’m guessing Clark would be a deadbeat dad in line with YJ. Which wouldn’t be quite out of character given how he treats Kon and Kara initially but still pretty crappy.
    Oh god no. Clark can’t be the deadbeat dad to Bruce’s reliable cool dad portrayal in the Webtoon series. That would make Clark look worse in comparison to Bruce, and we need less of that for a fresh audience. Lex being the deadbeat dad to Kon would be funny though, similar to something from Reign of the Supermen. Mix that with a Rebirth Superfam setup and I think that’s a solid pitch.

I think Clark should get to play up being the world’s best Superdad. I know Taylor has a reputation for writing fanon characterizations, but something in the vein of his style I can see doing well (with more Webtoon friendly art)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Up to 185.1K subscribers.
    Over 200K subscribers in 11 hours. I think this can be seen as a good launch into Webtoons for DC.

I wonder how many people paid to view the other three episodes early.