Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    More likely some shipping thing with Bats and Supes.

Or a BFF thing with Poochie Quinn.
    I don't know if you're the same poster I told this to before, but not liking Harley Quinn doesn't make her either Poochie or Scrappy. You can just not like her without equating her to a Poochie character.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'm afraid the only webtoon we can expect for Wonder Woman would be a sitcom starring the Olympian gods. Which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't tainted by the Daddy Zeus origin.
    Or maybe a cute DianaxSteve comic...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'm afraid the only webtoon we can expect for Wonder Woman would be a sitcom starring the Olympian gods. Which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't tainted by the Daddy Zeus origin.
    Amusingly, the most popular thing on Webtoons is a romance/drama based on Greek mythology called Lore Olympus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm not up on my lingo here - are you saying that they'd suck or that they'd be great? Sorry, just not up on what smack means in this context.
    Either way I'd personally enjoy such sitcoms myself. Not sure if that puts me in the majority or minority of the fans here...

I know a lot of fans despise the Zeus origin with an ungodly passion, but I personally don't mind it. Plus demigod or golem it really shouldn't have an impact on most stories.

For a change? Isn't that how they're presented 99% of the time? Elseworlds aren't that common, outside media appearances, which this sort of pseudo-counts as I think, aren't as common as the comic books. So frankly, wouldn't such a thing where that happened actually be the "for a change" take?

Well they have no idea how to keep their interpretations of conner kent the same for nothing.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Well they have no idea how to keep their interpretations of conner kent the same for nothing.
    Eh, shippers and fandoms differ, so different Conners?

Like I said, it's an Elseworlds for the Tumblr crowd, so I'd say throw them a bone and let them have an "official" version of their ship here. It hurts nothing, doesn't change the comic books, so no harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Not saying there aren't any, but the ones I saw are not interested in the Greek Gods. If there's a family time, they want Diana, Donna, and Cassie, and now Nubia and Yara.

Otherwise

Mainly Batman for Justice League watcher but non comic reader
    SMWW seems limited to the New 52 fans.

That said, I'm not sure if the fans of both these pairings read Webtoon. I'm not getting any vibe.

A lot of Wonder fan content actually comes from comics reader, because for the longest time, with the exception of Justice League cartoon, they don't get any depiction of Wonder Woman in other media. So naturally, most Wonder fans would be comics reader.

After the movie though, there's an increase in Steve-Wonder fans, whose wish is so that they can both be happy together... and then there's the Barbara Minerva x Diana fans because the way she acted was like she has a crush.
    Well, that's slightly better than the low expectations I'd have for DC but I still wouldn't put it past them to do some girl power thing with Poochie.

Well, that's slightly better than the low expectations I'd have for DC but I still wouldn't put it past them to do some girl power thing with Poochie.
    Poochie isn't a DC character. Technically Poochie belongs to Disney along with Itch and Scratchy.

Poochie isn't a DC character. Technically Poochie belongs to Disney along with Itch and Scratchy.
    Ah, but both versions of Scrappy are owned by WB.

Eh, shippers and fandoms differ, so different Conners?

Like I said, it's an Elseworlds for the Tumblr crowd, so I'd say throw them a bone and let them have an "official" version of their ship here. It hurts nothing, doesn't change the comic books, so no harm.

Thsts where I think you would be wrong, I think if a Tumblr inspired version gets popular, they could possibly change the comic version, even if it's obvious the character isn't like that and never has been
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ah, but both versions of Scrappy are owned by WB.
    There's only one Scrappy though - I know my Scooby Doo!
    Unless you're talking some Elseworlds nonsense Scooby like that live action movie...yeesh that wasn't good.

Thsts where I think you would be wrong, I think if a Tumblr inspired version gets popular, they could possibly change the comic version, even if it's obvious the character isn't like that and never has been
    Joker isn't the Ledger version, Aquaman still isn't Polynesian, Batman and Superman are back in their outside-the-pants brand underwear, so yeah I'm going to say that's an unfounded concern. The comic books aren't going to take on anything from a Webtoons version. You know that's not going to happen. So my point still stands, it's harmless Tumblr Elseworlds with no bearing on us and our books.

Joker isn't the Ledger version, Aquaman still isn't Polynesian, Batman and Superman are back in their outside-the-pants brand underwear, so yeah I'm going to say that's an unfounded concern. The comic books aren't going to take on anything from a Webtoons version. You know that's not going to happen. So my point still stands, it's harmless Tumblr Elseworlds with no bearing on us and our books.

I would like to be as sure of that as you are, but Conner Kent is not as stable a character as superman, batman, or aquaman, writers are always wanting to change him somehow

I would like to be as sure of that as you are, but Conner Kent is not as stable a character as superman, batman, or aquaman, writers are always wanting to change him somehow
    Most writers aren't of the Tumblr fandom, so I feel like it's more a worry born of past frustrations than actual probability. You have been unhappy with previous bad decisions, so believe that means other bad decisions will happen. But there's no evidence that'd warrant that here.

What a breath of fresh air. I expect Marvel will do something like this too.

Webtoons are so popular right now and have a great model. They don't fully replace comics and manga because stylistically and even in terms of story pacing, they are often very different. However, this is what the 30 and younger crowd has been gravitating to the last few years. Older chapters or initial chapters are free, while two to five of the newest chapters are paywalled. You either: patiently wait for the issues to become free, or you throw $1 to $5 to unlock it.

It will give DC an attractive library to entice new fans over time.

There will still be piracy; however, younger readers are more incentivized to read legally (slightly). Thanks to the lower/no costs, whereas with comics & manga, you're either on one side or the other.
    The J-man

Most writers aren't of the Tumblr fandom, so I feel like it's more a worry born of past frustrations than actual probability. You have been unhappy with previous bad decisions, so believe that means other bad decisions will happen. But there's no evidence that'd warrant that here.

You summed it up pretty good, fear of more **** from DC is a real thing though lol.