Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
I love Hickman as much as the next Person, he is probably my favorite modern writer. But he isn't God

The way I saw it, he started a story, the current writers aren't finished with their story yet, so instead of filling out his run with stuff that doesn't matter, he is leaving it for a while until the books catch up with him

If we all saw interviews with Ewing saying "He had to ended his story early because another writer wanted to get to point B quicker" People would say how much it sucked that Ewing never got to finish his story and that there are major problems at Marvel.

No, here it seems the X line just took a life that's bigger than Hickman. He may have had the best story ever, but it would have been at the expense of other writers.

It just seems he is making a comprimise and leaving the door open for future events

If he hated his time, he wouldn't still be at Marvel planning his next big thing
No he isn't God but he was brought in to revitalize the x-franchise and Marvel give his pitch the green light. Both editorial and the other writers knew upfront what Hickman's plans were, there were no surprises. The other writers were telling stories in support of Hickman's overall storyline, their individual stories doesn't supersede his. It's not on him to wait for them to finish their stories, he is/was the head of X; they had to follow his lead. With all the writers meeting they had I'm sure he impressed upon them that he was building to act two and they had sufficient time to plan their storylines accordingly to Sync up with his. But it seems they went rogue, they decided to disregard what he wanted and follow their own script. And JDW did not step in or intervene in anyway. So Hickman is probably thinking that his position as head of X is meaningless, his three act storyline is being disregarded, the writers he brought in to support his story are doing their own thing so he's thinking what the hell is going on. He told his FF story, he told his Avengers story but he was prevented from telling his X-men story. And again the other writers are their to support his overall three act storyline, yes they have some freedom/autonomy to tell their own stories as long as it supports what Hickman is doing. If he is ready to move on to act two its not on them to say no we don't want to yet. Basically Hickman was undermined by the other writers and not supported by editorial. And now it seems some x-fans are saying he is unnecessary to Krakoa going forward, he single handedly made the X-men relevant again with HOX/POX and now some are ready to toss him aside. Would there be a Krakoa without Hickman?