Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thank you Sibling.
    And it's just as I thought.
    Now if only his response would placate the disgruntled few from screaming that the sky is falling...but somehow I don't think it will.
    Let us hold onto hope and a cocktail at the Red Lagoon.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Let us hold onto hope and a cocktail at the Red Lagoon.
    I'd rather hold onto Big Xaddy Blue but since he's unavailable...Hope will have to do. Just keep the cocktails flowing. LOL
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I can't wait to see who the new writers are! I'm ready for this shake-up!!

Cmon Ram V and Victor LaValle!
    Ram V would be the only way Neal Shaara Bollywood realness finally returns to the X-Books. DC's probably got Ram locked for a year or so though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ram V would be the only way Neal Shaara Bollywood realness finally returns to the X-Books. DC's probably got Ram locked for a year or so though.
    Ram V is working with Ewing on the new Venom run.

Honestly, I'm excited for that book.

This is so disappointing. I like to be optimistic but this turn of events has killed my anticipation for Inferno, mainly because I think it will be of little consequence since Hickman is not allowed to finish his story. I know he's trying to be diplomatic by saying its the writers, but everything always comes down to money. Marvel/Xmen must be making a significant amount off the Krakoa era and the gazillion titles around it, and they want to milk it for all its worth. I was really looking forward to the Phalanx/Galactus elements being brought back later, truly a gut punch if there ever was one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    This is so disappointing. I like to be optimistic but this turn of events has killed my anticipation for Inferno, mainly because I think it will be of little consequence since Hickman is not allowed to finish his story. I know he's trying to be diplomatic by saying its the writers, but everything always comes down to money. Marvel/Xmen must be making a significant amount off the Krakoa era and the gazillion titles around it, and they want to milk it for all its worth. I was really looking forward to the Phalanx/Galactus elements being brought back later, truly a gut punch if there ever was one.
    quoted for truth

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Isn't he saying that all those plans are still there if the other writers want to use them, if they wish? It's just that he won't be writing it.
    He tries to reassure us and yet...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah, nothing Hickman said here warrants all the negativism and fearmongering on the thread... People are making tons of assumptions. I guess some people just think Hickman really just needs to be here forever or it's all ****.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I disagree with him not having the oppurtunity. He wrote twenty xmen books after and most were just world building deals and not character books.
    It's hard to do character and plot development when the rest of his team don't want to further said plots or characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Isn't he saying that all those plans are still there if the other writers want to use them, if they wish? It's just that he won't be writing it.
    He tries to reassure us and yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, nothing Hickman said here warrants all the negativism and fearmongering on the thread... People are making tons of assumptions. I guess some people just think Hickman really just needs to be here forever or it's all ****.
    The problem is that no one else in that writing room is as good as Hickman, when it comes to planning and plot. Hell, writing period.

Hickman is what brought in the interest. Let's see if they can prove the naysayers wrong and still continue what he started. Most just won't bet on it, and half of those peoplemight just stop reading.

If there's a drop in sales following Inferno, just don't act surprised. It would make sense, given the name that brought the sauce is now leaving...with said sauce.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 09-21-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

I think it has a less to do with that in the more to do with the fact that they wanted Hickman to actually finish the story he was writing in the manner in which he chose. Hickman being on X-Men was a joyous occasion for me his writing is some of my favorite in the entire industry. I was looking forward to something similar to Fantastic Four and New Avengers. HoX/PoX was monumental in how it changed the X-Men and thag was only the beginning of his plans so to hear they had to he wasn't allowed to finish the story the way he wanted and that some of his plot threads are going to be picked up by other writers is a bummer and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I just hope Ewing stays on long enough to tackle the Dominion plot because he's the only writer I trust to do that plot thread justice.

Yeah, Ewing is the only writer close to his level left. He's can do grand and complicated, so hopefully he does something with these threads.

Agreed. I’m hoping to see a tighter, more focused book from Ewing in the relaunch. Getting dragged into multiple events really killed the momentum of SWORD, even though I thought the writing was solid and he balanced a massive cast quite well.

But I’m definitely most excited for whatever he’s doing next (and I hope it still has Cable and Storm in it).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Yeah, Ewing is the only writer close to his level left. He's can do grand and complicated, so hopefully he does something with these threads.
    I could see Xbooks editorial not trying to have any head of x with the post inferno books just so fans don't get attached to any particular writer's story this time around. I see the closest thing to something like Hickman again is just whoever is writing the main x-men title like Duggan.

BANNED

I would say its UNLIKE Hickman to do incomplete stories and write books for other writers. Plus its also true that he wrote several other books under a long spell rather than just 2 years with incompleting his stories. He already said that his initial idea for introducing these books was rejected.