Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    So what about X-Men, Hellions and SWORD?
    Hellions is gone and so is the writer(IIRC).It was fun while it lasted.
    SWORD is good but the start was bogged by KIB and it jumps focus from character to character a lot.Still one of the better comics out there.
    X-men is great.It's writing is mediocre though, it's the art that makes it so good.

None of them(except maybe SWORD) came close to Hickman's level of storytelling.Specially in HOX/POX.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Then they probably shouldn’t have made her a member of their ruling government. Other council members are getting all types of privileges thrown their way and Mystique can’t get one mutant resurrected? It’s suspect to say the least. If she was a regular citizen they could have just said Destiny was low on the list and kept it pushing, but they gave her power, gave her a key role in taking down Orchis, all knowing that they would never give her what she wants.
    She is also getting all the privilieges other's council members get.It's just that there rule is no Pre-cogs, it's not personal.As for council seat I agree, then again why do they send only 3 mutants to Ochis again and again and again when they have many more in both number and power.Pretty sure they can destroy Orchis and Nimrod pretty easily.So there are a few plot holes IG.

Then they probably shouldn’t have made her a member of their ruling government. Other council members are getting all types of privileges thrown their way and Mystique can’t get one mutant resurrected? It’s suspect to say the least. If she was a regular citizen they could have just said Destiny was low on the list and kept it pushing, but they gave her power, gave her a key role in taking down Orchis, all knowing that they would never give her what she wants.
    You bring up a good point. Why DID they make her part of the ruling council? Given what Moira told them, it makes no sense to do so, and we have seen why. The only reason I can come up with is that they thought if they didn't that maybe she would would work against Krakoa from the start. I don't think it made any narrative sense to have put her In a position of power.
    Last edited by Saturius; 10-12-2021 at 05:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    You bring up a good point. Why DID they make her part of the ruling council? Given what Moira told them, it makes no sense to do so, and we have seen why. The only reason I can come up with is that they thought if they didn't that maybe she would would work against Krakoa from the start. I don't think it made any narrative sense to have put her In a position of power.
    Moira doesn't want Destiny around. We can suspect why.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I can't believe I just read this. Did you start the X-Men via Bendis'?
    Chiiile, don't test me. lol. No, I did not start via Bendis, but I unabashedly love what he and the writers that followed suit did with Jean and the rest of the O5, tbh.

The recent Hickman interview on off panel has so much insight

Mighty Member

I agree that Mystique should never have been given a council seat; she brings nothing of value to the table, why Xavier and Magneto thought that it was a good idea is beyond me. I think Selene should have been given that seat. And Xavier and Magneto only agreed to not bring Destiny back because Moira was opposed to it, but they also said the no-precog ban was a temporary thing. I do find it amusing that Xavier and Magneto are called arrogant for sidelining and not listening to Moira but here they are criticize for listening to and doing exactly what Moira wanted.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So Hickman's last Marvel work for a while is a story within Moon Knight Black, White, & Blood with Bachalo

Super disappointed but happy to see him write Moon Knight even if it's a short story

https://www.gamesradar.com/moon-knight-hickman-bachalo/

Astonishing Member

Looks at pages past

People wanted Selene to have a seat? Why? The woman thinks agriculture was where everyone went wrong, don't put her in a government, it's like putting Rick Perry in charge of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So Hickman's last Marvel work for a while is a story within Moon Knight Black, White, & Blood with Bachalo

Super disappointed but happy to see him write Moon Knight even if it's a short story

https://www.gamesradar.com/moon-knight-hickman-bachalo/
    Let's not overlook the important stuff -

(As much as I love Hickman, and am psyched about this development...)

This April, Marvel Comics launches the four-issue anthology Moon Knight: Black, White, and Blood - delving into the dark side of the Fist of Khonshu, as well as his potential replacement.

Astonishing Member

Ah, they are graduating Moon Girl I see /s

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Ah, they are graduating Moon Girl I see /s
    Maybe Devil Dinosaur's graduating. Moon Girl will be his sidekick now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Maybe Devil Dinosaur's graduating. Moon Girl will be his sidekick now.
    Isn't she still like the smartest person on the planet? Maybe Nature Girl can become one of her rouges.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!