Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Sad news, but at last Krakoa stay.

I very curious to see the new X-lines with the relaunch in january, and who will write/draw the stories.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    It was supposed to go on longer and have more phases.
    Well it was going to yes but clearly by the time those solicits came out things already changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Called it, his involvement has been reducing substantially and Substack was the straw.Hopefully he finishes his Krakoa arc the way he wanted to, Krakoa era was great but nothing compared to HOX/POX.hope they don't milk it.

Beyond in Spider-man won't last long.Around 8 months then Peter will return.That should be Hickman's next thing.
    Substack with 2 issues of ASM every month seems perfect.He's done FF, Avengers and the X-men.Spider-man is the only big thing left.
    Nvm he doesn't want to do monthly
    Spider-Man would be so far out of the norm for Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spider-Man would be so far out of the norm for Hickman.
    What if he just finished his X-Men vision with the Eternals…

(Sike that’d be so messy).

Not too sad about this. I like the new era and ideas he's ushered in, but his writing left much to be desired. His run on Xmen had to be one of the most unfocused and meandering ones I've seen in awhile. Just glad the Krakoa status quo is here to stay for a bit. I hope other writers can continue and build on this momentum as the line goes forward.

I think it's safe to say the Arakko mutants are now officially fucked whenever the line needs some canon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    What if he just finished his X-Men vision with the Eternals…

(Sike that’d be so messy).
    Would be very Jack Kirby of him, although I don't think Marvel is in a rush to take Gillen out.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Another interview with Hickman and a lot of the other writers.
    https://ew.com/books/x-men-comics-wr...33530001737d55

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Probably editors wanted to squeeze the current status quo for all it's worth. This whole situations is very typical of the worst tendencies among the Big 2 where a writer who is doing the legwork and bringing in money has his work hijacked by editors who have their own ideas.
    I remember when that happened to Remender. It was the last straw and he never came back to Marvel after that (not that it was a great loss).

Astonishing Member

Thinking about it.

Now might actualy be a good time to establish a title under the "Exiles" name, about a team of mutants who got kicked out or willingly left Krakoa behind and decide to do super heroics on their own again, despite the danger of a final death (no longer being "citizen").
    Which could also establish a growing number of mutant "diaspora" (beyond the Morlocks), with mutants re-establishing themself in the wider world. So if Krakoa is breaking appart under reader apathy and failing sales, there is something to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think it's safe to say the Arakko mutants are now officially fucked whenever the line needs some canon fodder.
    Doesn't look good for them indeed.

Their hyped up power and large number paints a pretty big target on them. Especialy now that they are so conviniently placed on Mars.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-17-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Welp that's enough bad news for me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Probably editors wanted to squeeze the current status quo for all it's worth. This whole situations is very typical of the worst tendencies among the Big 2 where a writer who is doing the legwork and bringing in money has his work hijacked by editors who have their own ideas.
    Is this what everyone wants though, the current status quo to stay? That whole other thread that started last week about him possibly leaving was filled with people saying that "the Krakoa era was dead" and "Once he leaves things will reset and they'll be back at the school". That isn't happening. Sure, the architect of the story is leaving, but his ideas will still be used. Whether or not it will play out as he intended remains to be seen, but I'm sticking around to see what happens. And I'm someone who showed up because of Hickman. I've dabbled in X-Men stories here and there over the years, but I'm definitely not an expert. I'm enjoying most of what I have been reading so far and I'm all in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I like the new era and ideas he's ushered in, but his writing left much to be desired. His run on Xmen had to be one of the most unfocused and meandering ones I've seen in awhile.
    Now I wonder if it was like that because he was "forced" to hold back and to stay in a holding pattern, to avoid advancing further than the other writers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nisus View Post
    Now I wonder if it was like that because he was "forced" to hold back and to stay in a holding pattern, to avoid advancing further than the other writers.
    I think that's just how he wanted to do it. All of those early issues of X-Men were just set up for future stories. It's not all that different on how his Avengers run started.

I was seed when his S.H.I.E.L.D series ended
    Sad when Fantastic Four ended
    Sad when Avengers ended

Actually glad that he leaves the X franchise