Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Al Ewing’s interviews have made it sound like he’ll be a steward for the Arakki.
    Yeah, Arakko is now part of the cosmic stuff from Al Ewing.

Give the head of X to Duggan

RoguEmma Reign

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    So... Inferno will wrap up the Vulcan/Brood/Shi'ar, Black Hole Gods, Nimrod/ORCHIS, and Destiny/Moira X plots? Geez. As much as I'm for creator freedom, if you're the showrunner, tell those who work for you what your outline is and, if they don't want to stick to it, find others who will. That sounds harsh but I'm interested in the Hickman big picture, not X-Factor's weirdness or X-Force's plant monster fetish. The big picture was paramount, not individual titles that come and go.
    I have to agree. I've enjoyed most of the other titles but Hickman's big picture was always what pulled me in the most.

My heart feels heavy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

All-New Member

This is terrible news. Yesterday I finished getting caught up on xbooks after a long absence and today I find out that the days of the golden age that brought me back in are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    Best case scenario Hickman stays in good graces with Marvel and eventually comes back to write another huge X-line book.
    Best case for me is the other writers are allowed to noodle around telling their stories with Krakoa for a bit, and then he comes back to launch Phase 2. Better late than never....?

This is such bittersweet news. I love Hickman's work and what he's done for the line but if it's true that he's leaving because he wanted to blow up Krakoa and Marvel wants to keep it as the X-Men's status quo for a while longer, I'm not too miffed about that. I'm loving the Krakoa era and it's been a refreshing shakeup for the franchise; I don't want to see it end so soon even if I'm sure Hickman's story would've been A-1.

We are forgetting the orgies and polyamory with each other. We still need to see that all.

Extraordinary Member

I bowed out once I saw Inferno, there were too many warning signs and that just confirmed things for me. And while I have not been a fan of the Krakoan age, my main issue is I stopped blindly giving all of my money to Marvel a long time ago and they have been too greedy and I guess it is because Hickman has a fat contract.

While I am sure Inferno is going to be great value for dollar (and I hate to say I might cave and buy it) this follow up weekly book and new direction has X-Men Disassembled written all over it.

The Red Dragon

Good riddance! Byeeeeeee

All that hype over powers and house of x and the follow up in all the titles has been uneven to lackluster. Claremont and Morrison’s runs still reign supreme.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    So, Hickman wanted to move the narrative to the next post-Krakoa phase and the rest of the writers prefer to stay in Krakoa, so Hickman leaves. ****
    I don't think he was saying he wanted to move past Krakoa, he said he wanted to move on to Act 2.

So, during the pandemic, when the time came for me to start pointing things toward writing the second-act event, I asked everyone if they were ready for me to do that, and to a man, everyone wanted to stay in the first act.

Doesn't mean the Krakoa era was ending.

I Think the X men will be "under new government"

The Krakoa era will not dissapear. But the toy handler will change.

Also we need a new head of X

At the end of the day you have to do what you have to do to fulfill your self. No disappointments here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Cool.
    Hopefully January relaunch will save Gambit from Howard.
    Gambit fans deserve a good writer and new project after 3 years in Excalibur prison.

honestly, I can’t pretend that Hickman has been the highlight of the line post-HoXPoX. Outside of #4 and #7, his X-Men wasn’t exactly the banger of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Especially because even if Hickman’s end goal was blowing up Krakoa (doubt it would have been that simple), they could have easily started the next relaunch with rebuilding. I’m usually not this negative so I need to focus on something else lol.
    To be fair, it sounds like Hickman was always aware of this possibility. Hickman’s plan was a victim of its own success.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Give the head of X to Duggan

RoguEmma Reign
    I doubt we get a new Head of X.

I think this is a good thing on balance. Hickman’s always had a talent for this really sprawling brand of world building, but he also has a bad writers tic of tearing down (or being forced to tear down) what he built without there ever really being time to explore it. For instance, all the Avengers Machine stuff literally ran out of time with Time Runs Out before we got to see much of it in action.

By helping put together a writers room with potential ideas for maybe a decade, Hickman has finally created a self-sustaining fusion reaction of story and setting, and accidentally evolved himself into a creative consultant who Marvel can parachute into struggling properties to give them the “Krakoa treatment”. So, while it’d be a shame if we don’t get anything as monumental and iconic as House Of X again, I’m really glad we’re going to spend a good amount of time in this new status quo.