Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
    BANNED

Hickman had overriding power.

I don't think this is a "I got outvoted; guess I'm out" thing.

Hickman came in with a plan, he built up the presence of the franchise - completing his goal - and he found a way to wrap things up on a timeline that works for him in the present.

He is ready to move on to something new himself. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be.

Or at least, that's how I'm seeing things and what seems most likely/logical.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-28-2021 at 08:05 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    So Hickman is basically Bendis lol all build-up no climax or ruined climax.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    please don't compare hickman to bendis lol
    It's funny seeing all of these "hot takes" about Bendis, but Hickman is actually a protege of Bendis.

Bendis is the one that recommended Hickman for Avengers. You ever wonder why Hickman's Avengers run is a direct continuation of Bendis' - it's because without Bendis we wouldn't have the Hickman we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendis
    "Now, if you've been to my message board you know I've often touted the work of Jonathan Hickman, who I think is an outstanding writer," Bendis continued. "I'm constantly on the look out for new and exciting voices and talent for my own personal desire and because I selfishly want them to come to Marvel and kick some ass. So when Jonathan literally had like two comics out and I was telling Marvel they should hire him like they had done with me when I was an indie guy. They we're like, 'He's only done two comics!' but I was like, 'You'll see.'

https://www.cbr.com/ww-chicago-hickm...cret-warriors/

Ya'll gotta put some respect on that name
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 09-28-2021 at 08:36 PM. Reason: CBR is censoring it's own article

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hickman had overriding power.

I don't think this is a "I got outvoted; guess I'm out" thing.

Hickman came in with a plan, he built up the presence of the franchise - completing his goal - and he found a way to wrap things up on a timeline that works for him in the present.

He is ready to move on to something new himself. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be.

Or at least, that's how I'm seeing things and what seems most likely/logical.
    This is exactly how I feel. Hickman is still running the ship.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. Hickman is still running the ship.
    I think he is done as of the end of the X-Summit that just happened. I'm just saying that I think it is of his own volition that he is moving on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think he is done as of the end of the X-Summit that just happened. I'm just saying that I think it is of his own volition that he is moving on.
    He's stated in interviews that he wanted to move to phase 2 but no one else did.I think what may be true is that he could have, but since all the writers said no he said he'd let them do it when he could have overrided them.

Lord, I can't wait until 9am when the spoiler thread opens. I was literally clapping reading "Inferno #1." This is gonna be GOOOOOD!!!!!
    Mutant and Proud!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He's stated in interviews that he wanted to move to phase 2 but no one else did.I think what may be true is that he could have, but since all the writers said no he said he'd let them do it when he could have overrided them.
    I think this is more likely. I truly don't think Hickman feels anything negative about this, it's honestly high compliments from the other writers that they love this space he created so much they'd rather keep working there instead of moving on to likely destroying the status quo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think this is more likely. I truly don't think Hickman feels anything negative about this, it's honestly high compliments from the other writers that they love this space he created so much they'd rather keep working there instead of moving on to likely destroying the status quo.
    Yeah, It's just extremely rare for anyone to be so positive to others/co-writers that we have a hard time believing it when it does IG.

The first issue was good. It ends with a bang.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Wait is killing me, should I spoil it for myself or is it worth the wait?

Stay strong. A few hours is only a drop in the ocean of time.

Also, a lot of people are assuming that Hickman quit as Head Of X because the writers didn't want to move on with his plan, but he said this:

"Marvel doesn't really pay me to just write ongoing monthly books, there's an expectation for me to write bigger books that have a wider reach than that... So after Inferno, I'll be leaving to go work on my 'Next Big Marvel Thing™'"

So that actually more sounds like the decision to move him on came from higher up the tree. With the Krakoa era in a holding pattern, all the work would just be ongoing books, and as a star writer they thought he'd be better used revamping another (as-yet) unannounced property instead.

If you can read it, read it. It's a good issue, but it leaves you, as expected, wanting more now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Also, a lot of people are assuming that Hickman quit as Head Of X because the writers didn't want to move on with his plan, but he said this:

"Marvel doesn't really pay me to just write ongoing monthly books, there's an expectation for me to write bigger books that have a wider reach than that... So after Inferno, I'll be leaving to go work on my 'Next Big Marvel Thing™'"

So that actually more sounds like the decision to move him on came from higher up the tree. With the Krakoa era in a holding pattern, all the work would just be ongoing books, and as a star writer they thought he'd be better used revamping another (as-yet) unannounced property instead.
    So he is going to Eternals then with Gillen joining the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Just to point this out...

Some people would want to read it not even knowing that much.

Which is entirely impossible with this sort of thing in a thread that is not even remotely a "Spoiler..." thread.

Never mind this early.