Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Then why is Hickman staying at Marvel to write more stuff?
    Like…if Marvel really was stifling Hickmans creativity i doubt he would want to work with them again and especially so quickly already lol
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Everyone is kinda forgetting that no other writer before Hickman was asked to go big because movie rights. It's not as if no other writers will ever have good X-Men ideas again lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Like…if Marvel really was stifling Hickmans creativity i doubt he would want to work with them again and especially so quickly already lol
    This is the first time.Secret wars wasn't stiffled with.
    He's probably gonna do event books that can't be delayed instead of monthly runs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Everyone is kinda forgetting that no other writer before Hickman was asked to go big because movie rights. It's not as if no other writers will ever have good X-Men ideas again lol
    None of the other writers have the caliber to go big.Even Hickman's small stuff like New mutants was amazing, this from a guy who doesn't read new mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    None of the other writers have the caliber to go big.Even Hickman's small stuff like New mutants was amazing, this from a guy who doesn't read new mutants.
    I think the idea that no other writer is capable of grandiose stories is hyperbole, but I get how you feel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think the idea that no other writer is capable of grandiose stories is hyperbole, but I get how you feel.
    I'm sure some are, but none of the writers in current X-office are anywhere close to Hickman in caliber.
    But I hope that we are surprised by them tbh

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well, I don't have much optimism for what's to come next. Trying to stay in the first act of a larger story feels like a bad idea.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

This is why marvel and dc are in the gutter. Look at what they did to x-factor and now you have your head of x jumping ship because these mediocre writers can’t follow a plan. We always knew hickman would put the toys back in the box at the end of the day but now we stuck in act one this is like harry potter being stuck in his first year in school. Or goku being stuck with king kai because people liked so they don’t move on to next phase of the story. Imagine the mcu being stuck in phase 1 lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    This is why marvel and dc are in the gutter. Look at what they did to x-factor and now you have your head of x jumping ship because these mediocre writers can’t follow a plan. We always knew hickman would put the toys back in the box at the end of the day but now we stuck in act one this is like harry potter being stuck in his first year in school. Or goku being stuck with king kai because people liked so they don’t move on to next phase of the story. Imagine the mcu being stuck in phase 1 lol.
    All this.Specially since the 11th life thing was a back-up.If things went south and everyone hated it they had a reverse key.It really was the perfect plan.

All this.Specially since the 11th life thing was a back-up.If things went south and everyone hated it they had a reverse key.It really was the perfect plan.
    Yeah i mean just let writers tell there story, how hard is that?? Personally I’m done following ip’s,
    I’m just going to follow my favorite writers.

Hallelujah lol, honestly Hickman didn't do anything for my favorite characters so next, I won't miss him, I take out my glass as a sign of joy.

Finally the xmen will leave the occult rites, and the barbaric spectacles of the crucible, only good news.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    No he isn't God but he was brought in to revitalize the x-franchise and Marvel give his pitch the green light. Both editorial and the other writers knew upfront what Hickman's plans were, there were no surprises. The other writers were telling stories in support of Hickman's overall storyline, their individual stories doesn't supersede his. It's not on him to wait for them to finish their stories, he is/was the head of X; they had to follow his lead. With all the writers meeting they had I'm sure he impressed upon them that he was building to act two and they had sufficient time to plan their storylines accordingly to Sync up with his. But it seems they went rogue, they decided to disregard what he wanted and follow their own script. And JDW did not step in or intervene in anyway. So Hickman is probably thinking that his position as head of X is meaningless, his three act storyline is being disregarded, the writers he brought in to support his story are doing their own thing so he's thinking what the hell is going on. He told his FF story, he told his Avengers story but he was prevented from telling his X-men story. And again the other writers are their to support his overall three act storyline, yes they have some freedom/autonomy to tell their own stories as long as it supports what Hickman is doing. If he is ready to move on to act two its not on them to say no we don't want to yet. Basically Hickman was undermined by the other writers and not supported by editorial. And now it seems some x-fans are saying he is unnecessary to Krakoa going forward, he single handedly made the X-men relevant again with HOX/POX and now some are ready to toss him aside. Would there be a Krakoa without Hickman?
    Again, one writer's story isnt more important that a team of writers. He did his FF And Avengers because those stories weren't telling a story that will reach a line of books.
    To me, it sounds like Hickman went "you guys ready for act 2?" And everyone else said "not yet".

So he is leaving it for a while. It's obvious he respects a lot of those writers as he is bringing them over to Substack.
    That's where we'll see his original X plans, so it's not like we're not going to see his story.

Hickman seems to leaving the door open for future events so he'll just let others take over.

Again, i'm a huge Hickman fan, but it's a little insane to think every other writer betrayed him because he gave them a sandbox to play in.
    It seems he misjudged HOXPOX with People, it wasn't act 1 but the start of a new era.

It's fine, his plans are still around, there are writers Who still respect him and Hickman does better at events regardless.
    There's still a lot we don't know so lets just give it time

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    No one's asking the really important question: With Hickman gone, will Jean finally ditch the miniskirt for a real costume?!
    Not if Pepe Larraz has his way about it.

Fantastic Member

First Morrison couldn't finish his run, then Bendis' couldn't finish his run, then everyone after that was in a holding pattern and writing half assed stories until Hickman could start...and now he also couldn't finish his run.

How do they expect us to get invested in these long play stories if it's likely that the writer won't even get to finish their run?

What an ABSOLUTE JOKE.

I'm sure some are, but none of the writers in current X-office are anywhere close to Hickman in caliber.
    But I hope that we are surprised by them tbh
    You must not be an Immortal Hulk reader.