Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Duggan posted about what’s happening on substacks

https://twitter.com/gerryduggan/stat...311379970?s=21

Also a lot of yall are being way too dramatic in this thread like my god i know yall like hickman but omg have faith that he and the xteam planned for this, it wasn't like y'all were so in love with his written x- books either so i dont know what the big deal is
    Yeah, so many People are getting way too worked up over this and are crying "But what about Hickman?"
    Hickman's fine, he is going to have at least two more books under his wing plus his ideas for X-Men will influence things going forward.
    I can't speak for him, and no one else can, and maybe in 10 years we'll get some information about what happened, but again, it sounds like he is okay.

People just follow cult status too much and get disappointed when things don't go their own way. And creators are not always right in what they say.
    Twin Peaks is my favourite show of all time, but I will admit the idea of a mystery that lasts years will get old very quickly. That and the show's destruction lead to some of the best things ever put to screen.

Now Hickman will want to leave his run on a high note, so Inferno will just be that. And unlike the name implies, it doesn't look like he is burning bridges with Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Yeah, so many People are getting way too worked up over this and are crying "But what about Hickman?"
    Hickman's fine, he is going to have at least two more books under his wing plus his ideas for X-Men will influence things going forward.
    I can't speak for him, and no one else can, and maybe in 10 years we'll get some information about what happened, but again, it sounds like he is okay.

People just follow cult status too much and get disappointed when things don't go their own way. And creators are not always right in what they say.
    Twin Peaks is my favourite show of all time, but I will admit the idea of a mystery that lasts years will get old very quickly. That and the show's destruction lead to some of the best things ever put to screen.

Now Hickman will want to leave his run on a high note, so Inferno will just be that. And unlike the name implies, it doesn't look like he is burning bridges with Marvel.
    Not to mention this is actually a win/win for hickman if you think about it and marvel. Obviously there was enough interest in his creation that the X-line will spend at least a few more years there. That could mean consulting jobs in the future for MCU work or even a writing gig on a project. Then in a lot of ways he is still working for marvel and going to substack is hardly a slap in the face to marvel because at the end of the day we will see if those who "really wanted to see hickman work." will follow him there where he will get to share his purest ideas or those who were just interested in his interpretation of the characters marvel own. To me i enjoy his writing so i would like to see his ideas outside of x-men and in this case it sounds like it worked in my favor and he was generous in adapting his storyline.

Beyond that this doesn't hurt Marvel business substack is selling the writers, marvel is selling it's library of characters so if they can do both and become a name to where we can subscribe to them the same way we do hbo max etc it can only help creators and i think help the big 2 as they will have to then decide if they want to pay for the content these creators can provide at the level their subcribers do while also keeping them from crossing over to the other of the big two which is also selling characters not creators. There is a lot of potential here if the writers understand their substack will be their brand. It will be what defines them just as much as a persons onlyfans content. It's kind of riveting.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

God this is so terrible Krakoa was so great and the hope of truly giving mutants a real culture was something I was looking forward to. I swear I hope they don't just go back to that stupid mansion again.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post

It's like everyone got drunk on Auteur Theory and can't conceive that behind every Important White Man there are a tonne of other creative people who all contributed. David Lynch is a genius, but partly because he knows to fill the room with other talented people and let them riff on his ideas.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    God this is so terrible Krakoa was so great and the hope of truly giving mutants a real culture was something I was looking forward to. I swear I hope they don't just go back to that stupid mansion again.
    The article clearly says that they loved the Krakoan era so much, they didn't want Hickman to wrap it up. So we're staying where we are. The question is if the next writers will be able to get as much juice out of it as Hickman did? I also wish we had a head writer who isn't a straight white man. Jeez. Talk about lack of diversity in the writing office.

In one way, I'm not worried. In another way, I get flashbacks of Game of Thrones and when the series ran out of source material, so the new writers messed everything up.

I wish they said Hickman would write an event book once a year and leave the main books to other writers.

Incredible Member

Hickman leaving is a huge deal, folks, with potential major impacts on sales for the X-line. (Marvel will eventually try to minimize the damage by relaunching with a bunch of #1s, but I don't know if that's gonna work.)

Here's a screenshot I took about five minutes ago from the CBR forum front page:

You can see at the top that we currently have about 1,000 users online. And now look at that second line highlighted in blue: We had 14,627 users on July 24th, 2019, the most users online in CBR history.

Do you X-fans know what happened on that date?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

This feels too soon, Hickman is more than just the architect of this era, he pushed for some of the most progressive character usage EVER! My favorite thing about this era is that writers went out of their way to make a cohesive and cooperative narrative that focused on everyone not just the chosen few.

His grand plan will sorely be missed, I HOPE Ewing, Duggan, Ayala, and Wells stays aboard I feel like that team of writers could help push the next major shift in the X-men or at least his momentum!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Well the thing they are saying is everyone wanted to stay on Krakoa but Hickman was the one who wanted to start moving it to the end. He left because he can’t move his story forward and wants to give the other writers time with this new status quo

Some nuggets from Duggan's substack post:

"Jonathan’s heard the stories that we propose will follow his next comic. If he didn’t like what he heard, trust me…there was a remedy for that. We make plans, we execute them. We think in years not months, and that timeline alone is why pivots are sometimes required.

I’ll always be grateful to them (Hickman and partners) for reinventing my favorite family of any superhero universe. So many wonderful comics have come from it. With many more on tap. I hope his fans all enjoy what he has in store the next four issues.

We won’t talk about what comes next, but if you’re enjoying this era of X-Men comics, my educated guess is you will like what is to come. And you won’t see these stories coming either. So whether you’re keeping your powder dry, or you’re snapping your ankles jumping off the bandwagon, please live your best life."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It's like everyone got drunk on Auteur Theory and can't conceive that behind every Important White Man there are a tonne of other creative people who all contributed. David Lynch is a genius, but partly because he knows to fill the room with other talented people and let them riff on his ideas.
    Exactly, and I still consider Lynch an Auteur, his works are made with his vision, but he has like minded People who can come in and either try something different or expand Lynch's idea.
    Most People think Twin Peaks The Return is 90% Lynch and 10% Frost, when it's more like 40% Lynch and 60% Frost.

The Dawn/Reign of X has been mostly Hickman, but he has had Howard work as a kind of Co-head. She probably would have been the one to succeed him but it seems she is stepping down from the X books too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

"Jonathan’s heard the stories that we propose will follow his next comic. If he didn’t like what he heard, trust me…there was a remedy for that. We make plans, we execute them. We think in years not months, and that timeline alone is why pivots are sometimes required.

I’ll always be grateful to them (Hickman and partners) for reinventing my favorite family of any superhero universe. So many wonderful comics have come from it. With many more on tap. I hope his fans all enjoy what he has in store the next four issues.

We won’t talk about what comes next, but if you’re enjoying this era of X-Men comics, my educated guess is you will like what is to come. And you won’t see these stories coming either. So whether you’re keeping your powder dry, or you’re snapping your ankles jumping off the bandwagon, please live your best life."
    Lol he really thinks he’s the big man on the block huh?? This just reeks of arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Do you X-fans know what happened on that date?
    What happened?
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Peter's never been a mutant.

Yeah, Hickman doesn't DO solo books. He's done FF, Avengers, and now X-Men. What's left? Guardians of the Galaxy, and Champions?

Moira dying would reboot the entire Marvel universe. She needs to be depowered.
    A said a soft reboot. I wouldnt expect her to reboot back to birth, but something that can temporally reboot things to pre-Krakoa

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

See I've seen so many interviews of writers saying that their stuff is great and that fans will love it.
    Only trust the word of those who have lived up to it, a.k.a. Hickman.
    Most of these writers have been at Marvel for a while now and haven't come close to his work.Specially in the weird Sc-fi style he does.

Duggan really talking like he has had any idea or story that came close to HOX/POX.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 08-18-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    The article clearly says that they loved the Krakoan era so much, they didn't want Hickman to wrap it up. So we're staying where we are. The question is if the next writers will be able to get as much juice out of it as Hickman did? I also wish we had a head writer who isn't a straight white man. Jeez. Talk about lack of diversity in the writing office.

In one way, I'm not worried. In another way, I get flashbacks of Game of Thrones and when the series ran out of source material, so the new writers messed everything up.

I wish they said Hickman would write an event book once a year and leave the main books to other writers.
    Why does color of the writer matter if it isn't related to a sensitive topic being written that he/she may have a better grasp at.
    I mean I want a guy who knows what they are doing, regardless of color and s*x.This is coming from a POC btw.

That was what Hickman wanted but him writing his event book means that the writers can't finish their stories.That's why he left