Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It's funny seeing all of these "hot takes" about Bendis, but Hickman is actually a protege of Bendis.

Bendis is the one that recommended Hickman for Avengers. You ever wonder why Hickman's Avengers run is a direct continuation of Bendis' - it's because without Bendis we wouldn't have the Hickman we have now.

https://www.cbr.com/ww-chicago-hickm...cret-warriors/

Ya'll gotta put some respect on that name
    Lmao why? Bendis is a mediocre writer period point blank. I do not enjoy his works and his time on the Xbools was excruciatingly. He does not get brownie points from me just because he "put in a good word" for Hickman I'm sorry but no. Hickman's plotting, storytelling, and firm grip on characterization got him this far.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Lmao why? Bendis is a mediocre writer period point blank. I do not enjoy his works and his time on the Xbools was excruciatingly. He does not get brownie points from me just because he "put in a good word" for Hickman I'm sorry but no. Hickman's plotting, storytelling, and firm grip on characterization got him this far.
    Yes a mediocre writer who is sought by the big two to write their flagship titles. A mediocre writer who has created so many stories and characters that are now a part of the American comic pantheon.

Just because you personally do not enjoy a writer doesn't all of a sudden mean he's a "mediocre writer period point blank"
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 09-29-2021 at 05:16 AM.

It's funny seeing all of these "hot takes" about Bendis...
    I will always love Bendis for what he did with Jean. His just might be my favorite take of the character. Besides, he's an outstanding writer.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I will always love Bendis for what he did with Jean. His just might be my favorite take of the character. Besides, he's an outstanding writer.
    Yeah his Jean and revolutionary Cyclops were my fav

So far inferno is shaping up to be hickman's weakest story. Though i admit it may be me i have no sympathy for Charles, Moira, or Erik as written.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I’m not a fan of Bendis’ later works (his justice league ranks up as my worst comic of the year), but he is far from a mediocre writer, Ultimate Spider-man, New Avengers, (I hear Batman Universe is great) are classic runs which stand out in their time. Bendis’ big problem is that he doesn’t play into his strengths. Imagine him on a Batman black label book, or writing Nightwing after Taylor. Nightwing would almost be the perfect book for him.

spoilers:
    Also it's a little heavy handed and makes little sense compromised Psylocke who has been working for sinsiter at the cost of everything and Bishop who has been working for Beast would be made war captains. No sense at all.
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yeah his Jean and revolutionary Cyclops were my fav
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So far inferno is shaping up to be hickman's weakest story. Though i admit it may be me i have no sympathy for Charles, Moira, or Erik as written.
    Charles, Erik, and Moira are...well, yeah. Frankly, I have no sympathy for anyone on the QC except for Storm, Kitty, and Nightcrawler. They all come off a tad loathsome to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Stay strong. A few hours is only a drop in the ocean of time.
    If you can read it, read it. It's a good issue, but it leaves you, as expected, wanting more now.
    Going to hold out, thanks a lot

Yes a mediocre writer who is sought by the big two to write their flagship titles. A mediocre writer who has created so many stories and characters that are now a part of the American comic pantheon.

Just because you personally do not enjoy a writer doesn't all of a sudden mean he's a "mediocre writer period point blank"
    And just because you personally enjoy a writer doesn’t mean that everyone has to praise him.

Did Bendis write some critically acclaimed series? Yes. Did he get name recognition in the comic book industry? Yes. Has he also written a LOT of lackluster comics? Also yes. No one should force themselves to like him just because he’s “successful” especially because getting gigs in the comic book industry is often dependent on having the right connection.

spoilers:
    Onto the actual topic at hand, I was giving Hickman the side eye when he went over the Moira/ Destiny confrontation again. My guy we got 4 issues to wrap up this whole ting and you were talking bout, “there was absolutely no space for Rogue to react to her mother’s biggest storyline in years”, so we need to keep it pushing.

Minor nitpick cause I actually really enjoyed the rest.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 09-29-2021 at 05:31 AM.

I guess my hot take is that I loved Inferno #1, considering these comments. The end was a gag. As far as Bendis is concerned, he's hit or miss. I loved his New Avengers, and Rightclops was the first time he'd been interesting since Morrison. I also liked the new students he introduced, but the rest of what he did on X-Men was meh.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    ...The end was a gag.
    Chiiile, a true gag. It was a mic drop.

That ending...

10000/10

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Stay strong. A few hours is only a drop in the ocean of time.
    If you can read it, read it. It's a good issue, but it leaves you, as expected, wanting more now.

He was great, but if you think he still is then you are in an extreme minority.His Justice League has been trash, it's physically painful to read.After USM ending w/ Peter's death he lost his touch, it's been downward ever since.
    He makes so many Oc's, 1-2 are bound to make it.Not to mention almost everything is changed when Miles is adapted.Entire personality, story , etc. and all for the better.

I agree!

Charles, Erik, and Moira are...well, yeah. Frankly, I have no sympathy for anyone on the QC except for Storm, Kitty, and Nightcrawler. They all come off a tad loathsome to me.
    I'm 1000% team Moira/Mystique, don't play with the devil if you don't want to get burned.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.