Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Honestly the more I think of how badly JDW manages these books the more irate I get.

There was SO much good will post HOX. If only there was a head editor who actually had some sort of vision.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, nothing Hickman said here warrants all the negativism and fearmongering on the thread... People are making tons of assumptions. I guess some people just think Hickman really just needs to be here forever or it's all ****.
    I mean let's be honest.

X-Force = ****.
    X-Factor = Total ****.
    Excalibur = One of the shittest things I've ever read.
    Marauders = Mostly ****.
    Wolverine = Who cares?

Not exactly hard to fathom why people are let down when Hickman is leagues ahead of the people he's left behind.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I will always love Bendis for what he did with Jean. His just might be my favorite take of the character. Besides, he's an outstanding writer.
    I can't believe I just read this. Did you start the X-Men via Bendis'?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh i can definitely understand but she still a coward. If she cared so much who is stopping her from stepping up and taking her place. From what i saw there was no guns, no guards, nothing keeping her from following her own convictions save wanting to sit in the cut and worry about things that will come for her personally. this issue i felt it was very clear Charles, Moira and Erik are extremely selfish people.
    Selfish? I will never understand this take. How exactly are they selfish, they created the mutant nation of Krakoa to save mutants, they gave mutants immortality. Just because they wouldn't resurrect Destiny they are now seen as the bad guys. Here's the thing, no one is owed resurrection, no one deserves to be resurrected, it's a privilege not a right. Likewise Xavier, Magneto and Moira are not obligated to tell the other anything until they are ready. They have been working toward the salvation of mutantkind for decades, if anything they have been selfless not selfish. But this desire to see them as bad guys is baffling. Krakoa exists because of them, mutants current status as a galactic power is because of them but some want them to fall. Accusations of arrogance and a need for them to see them castigated and ostracized and for what, Mystique of all people? All the horrible, terrible acts this woman has perpetrated, many against fellow mutants and now some see her as some victim of the cruel machinations of Xavier and Magneto, really! I truly hope that Xavier, Magneto and Moira foresaw eventual betrayal and planned accordingly. It's really bizarre that the ones who did more for mutantkind than anyone else, gave them a viable nation and immortality are seen as the villains that needs to be humbled. Remember when Cyclops was making the hard choices for the survival of mutants and not apologizing for it, he was praised. Xavier and Magneto are doing the same but they are called arrogant, how strange.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Selfish? I will never understand this take. How exactly are they selfish, they created the mutant nation of Krakoa to save mutants, they gave mutants immortality. Just because they wouldn't resurrect Destiny they are now seen as the bad guys. Here's the thing, no one is owed resurrection, no one deserves to be resurrected, it's a privilege not a right. Likewise Xavier, Magneto and Moira are not obligated to tell the other anything until they are ready. They have been working toward the salvation of mutantkind for decades, if anything they have been selfless not selfish. But this desire to see them as bad guys is baffling. Krakoa exists because of them, mutants current status as a galactic power is because of them but some want them to fall. Accusations of arrogance and a need for them to see them castigated and ostracized and for what, Mystique of all people? All the horrible, terrible acts this woman has perpetrated, many against fellow mutants and now some see her as some victim of the cruel machinations of Xavier and Magneto, really! I truly hope that Xavier, Magneto and Moira foresaw eventual betrayal and planned accordingly. It's really bizarre that the ones who did more for mutantkind than anyone else, gave them a viable nation and immortality are seen as the villains that needs to be humbled. Remember when Cyclops was making the hard choices for the survival of mutants and not apologizing for it, he was praised. Xavier and Magneto are doing the same but they are called arrogant, how strange.
    Then they should not have led mystique on. They wanted her to do something, they made her promises and then didnt want to follow through. So yes, some people are owed resurrection. Being selfish doesnt necessarily mean being evil.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Then they should not have led mystique on. They wanted her to do something, they made her promises and then didnt want to follow through. So yes, some people are owed resurrection. Being selfish doesnt necessarily mean being evil.
    Quite frankly this is probably the singular reason why they're in this position now.
    If they were upfront with Mystiqe about not resurrecting Destiny and not treat her like **** while they practically turned blind eyes to Sinister's shenanigans (Bless the Queen! Emma wasn't so short-sighted) Plus, generally letting the other QC members know what's up so that they can all make thoughtful decisions, then they might not have a pending conflagration on their hands. Erik, Charles and especially Moira deserve what's coming.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

How is this selfish?Not like they didn't want to bring her back, that's the rule as told to them by Moira who made all this possible.I do believe ressurection is a right on Krakoa, then again after everything Mystique has done for f*ck mutantkind up, I don't feel bad for her.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I mean let's be honest.

X-Force = ****.
    X-Factor = Total ****.
    Marauders = Mostly ****.
    Wolverine = Who cares?

Not exactly hard to fathom why people are let down when Hickman is leagues ahead of the people he's left behind.
    Thank you for that! I kinda agree. Excalibur and Marauders are two of the worst X-books I have read in 20 years (sorry but no sorry!).

I personally have enjoyed X-Factor's interpersonal dynamic A LOT!
    Wolverine is boring and X-Force started super strong and became redundant as hell and felt like it is going nowhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Thank you for that! I kinda agree. Excalibur and Marauders are two of the worst X-books I have read in 20 years (sorry but no sorry!).

I personally have enjoyed X-Factor's interpersonal dynamic A LOT!
    Wolverine is boring and X-Force started super strong and became redundant as hell and felt like it is going nowhere.
    I mean let's be honest.

X-Force = ****.
    X-Factor = Total ****.
    Marauders = Mostly ****.
    Wolverine = Who cares?

Spitting, a lot of X-books just weren't good.Marauders was good for Emma which I liked for just that but still avg. on it's best.
    X-factor was so bad, I was looking forward to it the most since PAD's run on X-factor was so good and I loved it but this was horrible.
    Rest are bad like Excalibur or mediocre.

I mean let's be honest.

X-Force = ****.
    X-Factor = Total ****.
    Marauders = Mostly ****.
    Wolverine = Who cares?

I didn’t like X-Factor but I would disagree with the rest. After the last decade of X-Men comics I couldn’t be happier with what we’ve got.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I didn’t like X-Factor but I would disagree with the rest. After the last decade of X-Men comics I couldn’t be happier with what we’ve got.
    There is always good, bad and average titles in any era of X-Men comics but there is just something about this era that keeps pulling me back in.
    After watching various comic book herald videos, I realised there were still dangling plot threads I was still interested in so I started reading the books again

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I mean let's be honest.

X-Force = ****.
    X-Factor = Total ****.
    Marauders = Mostly ****.
    Wolverine = Who cares?

I mostly agree, and the worst part is that the best book of this era was Hellions, but the writer was leaving, and the worst was X-force, and the writer is now headlining an event, and is the only one with two books.

I mean let's be honest.

X-Force = ****.
    X-Factor = Total ****.
    Marauders = Mostly ****.
    Wolverine = Who cares?

So what about X-Men, Hellions and SWORD?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    How is this selfish?Not like they didn't want to bring her back, that's the rule as told to them by Moira who made all this possible.I do believe ressurection is a right on Krakoa, then again after everything Mystique has done for f*ck mutantkind up, I don't feel bad for her.
    Then they probably shouldn’t have made her a member of their ruling government. Other council members are getting all types of privileges thrown their way and Mystique can’t get one mutant resurrected? It’s suspect to say the least. If she was a regular citizen they could have just said Destiny was low on the list and kept it pushing, but they gave her power, gave her a key role in taking down Orchis, all knowing that they would never give her what she wants.