Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would be very Jack Kirby of him, although I don't think Marvel is in a rush to take Gillen out.
    I dunno. It wouldn't be the first time a series got double-relaunched for movie synergy. There was the Guardians one leading up to the movie (the blue armor helmet one) and then the one that was directly influenced from the movie.

Not too sad about this. Ever since House/Powers of X, everything has been in a holding pattern. X-Men which was supposed to be the flagship felt directionless.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I hope this is like Morrison's departure where the concepts he left such as making the mansion an actual school, doesn't get abandoned but continued on. I really want Krakoa to exist for more years.
    I think it will. But the difference is Morrison was self contained with no editorial inference really; aside from rushed release on art.

After Hickman's run on X-Men was so disjointed I was expecting three mini series with him directing the inbetween. The Nimrod stuff has to be the final part. I'm looking forward to Inferno but I don't think it will be as cohesive as House of X.

No matter, HoX is one of my favorite X-stories and I appreciate that Hickman brought politics, religion, social issues back to the forefront of the series. I was feeling defeated as X-Fan since AvX. I hope the X-franchise continues to dig themselves out of their hole Marvel threw them in with or without Hickman.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

So, Hickman wanted to move the narrative to the next post-Krakoa phase and the rest of the writers prefer to stay in Krakoa, so Hickman leaves. ****

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spider-Man would be so far out of the norm for Hickman.
    I would love to see him take on ASM, but don't think he would do it. My guess is Captain America. Marvel has been in this holding pattern since it was announced that Coates was leaving. His series has ended and now they have this United States of Cap mini running and then the Cap/Iron Man mini was just announced. I think these are just filler waiting for Hickman to be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    I would love to see him take on ASM, but don't think he would do it. My guess is Captain America. Marvel has been in this holding pattern since it was announced that Coates was leaving. His series has ended and now they have this United States of Cap mini running and then the Cap/Iron Man mini was just announced. I think these are just filler waiting for Hickman to be ready.
    My gut feeling is Star Wars

Damn that second EW article is long but a good read.

Amazing Member

Bittersweet no question about it.

This is basically Hickman saying "well the guys/gals wanted to keep this initial idea I had going so who am I to spoil their fun? So I just came up with a new event that will serve the stage for everyone to keep playing with this new status quo".

On one hand I'm glad this is basically Marvel continuing with this expansion idea for mutants and playing with these new settings the X-Office came up with in the last two years.

On the other, I'm really bummed it wont have Hickman making sure it leads to something epic and concrete. Now we have to put our faith in J.D. White having the pull to keep guys like Ewing, Duggan, Ayala and Spurrier happy and not let Marvel **** them over. What happened to X-Factor isn't a good sign at all so we'll see if **** works out or if it falls apart rather quickly.

Best case scenario Hickman stays in good graces with Marvel and eventually comes back to write another huge X-line book.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    So, Hickman wanted to move the narrative to the next post-Krakoa phase and the rest of the writers prefer to stay in Krakoa, so Hickman leaves. ****
    Exactly how I feel. Personally would have rather seen Hickman execute his plan and then have the remaining writers salvage Krakoa once he was gone. Now I think many are going to be left wondering “What if?”.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Exactly how I feel. Personally would have rather seen Hickman execute his plan and then have the remaining writers salvage Krakoa once he was gone. Now I think many are going to be left wondering “What if?”.
    Exactly, I would prefer that the other writers adapt to the new rather than maintain the status quo.

Astonishing Member

My gut feeling is Star Wars
    I seriously doubt Star Wars. There is apparently much more interference there from various story group guys at Lucasfilm (who are trying to justify their positions). So you are dealing with multiple parties and factions with different ideas and plans.

So... Inferno will wrap up the Vulcan/Brood/Shi'ar, Black Hole Gods, Nimrod/ORCHIS, and Destiny/Moira X plots? Geez. As much as I'm for creator freedom, if you're the showrunner, tell those who work for you what your outline is and, if they don't want to stick to it, find others who will. That sounds harsh but I'm interested in the Hickman big picture, not X-Factor's weirdness or X-Force's plant monster fetish. The big picture was paramount, not individual titles that come and go.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think it's safe to say the Arakko mutants are now officially fucked whenever the line needs some canon fodder.
    Al Ewing’s interviews have made it sound like he’ll be a steward for the Arakki.

yeah i'm out. i'm not here to read mediocre stuff from the other writers. going to trade wait inferno now no use supporting it by buying singles now.

Exactly, I would prefer that the other writers adapt to the new rather than maintain the status quo.
    Especially because even if Hickman’s end goal was blowing up Krakoa (doubt it would have been that simple), they could have easily started the next relaunch with rebuilding. I’m usually not this negative so I need to focus on something else lol.