View Poll Results: What ends when Hickman leaves the X-Books? (MULTIPLE CHOICES ALLOWED)

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Quiet Council

43 32.33%
  • The Resurrection Protocols

47 35.34%
  • The Moira Plotline

83 62.41%
  • Krakoa The Island

7 5.26%
  • Krakoa The Nation

10 7.52%
  • Other

13 9.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

He made clear that the other writers wanted to continue with the current status, so do not expect the Krakoa era to end soon.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

The Moira stuff will end.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Xavier does bad which puts their rules into question. Maybe he kills Mystique and this makes the Council rethink their laws. If their head of State breaks the rules and he is vital to their resurrection, what do they do?

Isn't only killing HUMANS illegal? Killing mutants doesn't matter because they can be brought back!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't only killing HUMANS illegal? Killing mutants doesn't matter because they can be brought back!
    I think enough has been done that relies on that not being completely true. Without having anything to cite, at least the intentions behind an act could be deemed against Krakoan law.

And if I was, and I am trying to remember how Emma classified them in the Way of X preview, an unessential mutant then I sure would think it matters if someone kills me and I may or may not eventually get resurrected (note: personal hesitations of the process aside), or "Oops, we lost the backup" stuff.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Worthy of note: given how relatively short the time is between the start and "end", maybe Hickmans more comfortable lightly pressing the reset button than he would be otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Krakoa is going to stay, in fact that's why Hickman is leaving.
    Well that’s good to hear. Ending the Krakoa concept would be taking several steps backwards.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I do think Krakoa will be very different post Inferno though

Astonishing Member

Just to be fun as hell, what I'd do is at the end of inferno have Mystique kill Moira , but then Mystique realises nothing has changed and she's like no this isn't meant to happen this way and then you switch to Sinister in some hidden grotto waking up an Irene clone chimera that says to Sinister 'I knew I could trust you to survive to get it done,hope I don't need to go through that again' Sinister is like 'Well with Moira's mutation now finally yours I didn't need to scour tissue samples from all her corpses to keep reviving you' She says 'No one must follow our work, Moira 11 is no more but Mystique will be a problem' Sinister is like 'Now I want my end of the bargain' ...Irene oh don't worry all the dominoes are falling into place....
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-18-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Oh ****.

INFERNO #3 (OF 4)
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • R.B. SILVA (A)
    NIMROD STRIKES!
    Krakoa’s troubles don’t attack one at a time. Jonathan Hickman reunites with his
    POWERS OF X collaborator R.B. Silva for the penultimate chapter of his X-Swan Song
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

So my favorite thing about Krakoa is how the council is comprised of just totally weird combos. Exodus alone was a bold choice. I hope they keep stuff like that and have villains contribute.

I would like it to be at least a little more cooperative in terms of big storylines. I feel like we need more big moments by the council

Onslaught Revelation spoilers:
    It seems like the ending is set post-Inferno, and the tease reveals a few things:

spoilers:
    The Quiet Council is still around, and Kurt isn't happy with them (and possibly no longer a member, based on the phrasing)

Precogs are allowed as Blindfold is back, but apparently either as a ghost or lacking a body. Maybe resurrection is no longer a thing?

Humans appear to have more freedom to visit Krakoa since Juggernaut (I assume still Cain) is there on Kurt's new team, and he was explicitly told by Xavier he wasn't welcome before.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Onslaught Revelation spoilers:
    It seems like the ending is set post-Inferno, and the tease reveals a few things:

spoilers:
    The Quiet Council is still around, and Kurt isn't happy with them (and possibly no longer a member, based on the phrasing)

Precogs are allowed as Blindfold is back, but apparently either as a ghost or lacking a body. Maybe resurrection is no longer a thing?

Humans appear to have more freedom to visit Krakoa since Juggernaut (I assume still Cain) is there on Kurt's new team, and he was explicitly told by Xavier he wasn't welcome before.
    end of spoilers
    I think that the one you mentioned is not a ghost but on the Astral Plane, the other is coreect, but who says they will operate from Krakoa? Kurt might have decided to leave and take some with him.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

I think the resurrection protocols and moira plot related ends. Everything else will stays, along with shake ups to the QC (like factions will probably get created vs a unified society), and the villains vacate Krakoa.

I HOPE the resurrection protocols end. That's the one thing I have not liked about this era - though admittedly it's a big thing that's affected other things -and I'm pretty sure the whole Moira plot will either end or turn into some other storyline.

The way to end the Moira subplot is for Cable to use that power nullifier gun he's holding on the Mark Brooks cover to House of X/Powers of X. If she's no longer powered, her death doesn't reset the timeline. I still believe that was put in that image for a reason. In fact, I'm pretty sure at one point Hickman said that everything in that image mattered and was put there purposefully, or something like that.

And since we just got OG Cable back... and knowing sh!t ahead of time is kind of his thing... could he swoop in at the end, blast Moira with the same gun Forge built many years ago which took Ororo's powers, and save Krakoa from being wiped out by here death? In fact, due to their history together, it wouldn't surprise me if Moira tasked him with doing just that to protect Krakoa.