Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #135 - Hickman's stories/plots will continue

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/13/x-...ite-inferno-3/

with Jonathan’s departure from the X-Books confirmed, is there any hope we’ll see the Children of the Vault, Apocalypse, Chimeras, the Dominions and other plot lines set up early on — and teased again in Inferno #3 — in the Destiny of X era or beyond?

Jordan:
    Yeah, absolutely. Absolutely. Again, Jonathan is stepping off the X-Books, but it’s not like the era is over and we’re throwing it away and starting something new. All the plot threads are continuing. All the guns put on shelf are going to be taken down and fired at some point. The things you’ve mentioned. I know of specific plans for, I believe all of the ones you just said, but I can’t give you a timeline because, well, A. I don’t want to spoil things, and B. we’re working on a pretty long timeline right now. So some of them will be sooner than others.

Be kind, it's FREE

Be kind, it's FREE

Who is doing the End of the Year thing for us this year?

That survey at the end of this interview made me remember.

Confirmation that they’re still planning another Gala:
    Not to mention, you know, at some point we’re going to have another Gala, so…

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Who is doing the End of the Year thing for us this year?

That survey at the end of this interview made me remember.
    I always do the annual year awards election. Currently making preparations. You can expect it halfway or end of this week
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Spidey + X-men is a win for me

Love to hear that they'll try to continue his work but hate to hear they're going to stretch it out

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I always do the annual year awards election. Currently making preparations. You can expect it halfway or end of this week
    Yay! I knew someone took over a few years back just couldnt remember.

Extraordinary Member

So time travel rules are gone, officially. Not just broken because of Beast/Wolverine, or everyone managed to get their hands on Doomlocks, just no more restrictions.

Anyway, I hope we get some clarity on the Moira/Destiny thing. I am not sure it will diminish the story if we don't but the request to "burn it all down" and the ban on precogs because "we always lose" were some of the few dramatic scenes we actually had to tide us over.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I hope they clean things up, which by the sound of this interview they won't, a failing of this era looking back is that we never got to any of the things Hickman set up. Outside of Apocalypse and the debacle that was XOS, many of those intriguing stories mentioned haven't been touched. Outside of Hickman none of the other writers in this era, really played with the story threads he introduced in any meaningful way. We're 3 years removed this summer from the start of his run, and I have to say all things considered I didn't enjoy much of it. I think the potential has been incredible but that's it potential that hasn't been legitimized and while some writers have done interesting things in the confines of their own runs none of it has been as memorable as the set up for HOX/POX!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yay! I knew someone took over a few years back just couldnt remember.
    A few years? I do this since 2015 or 2016 ;-)
    Looking forward to your votes.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I have to say, I'm not excited about another Gala so soon. I hope this time they only do one or two books involved in this. This year it seemed like more than half the stories didn't need to happen and only made the "event" feel a little lackluster

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Oh good God why? We don’t need all the books to stop so they can show off more God awful ‘High Mutant Fashion’ again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    it seemed like more than half the stories didn't need to happen and only made the "event" feel a little lackluster
    That's in the regular tradition of comic book events, to be fair lol

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I have to say, I'm not excited about another Gala so soon. I hope this time they only do one or two books involved in this. This year it seemed like more than half the stories didn't need to happen and only made the "event" feel a little lackluster
    Agreed. If they must do it then please keep it more contained.

Great preview art. Larraz knocks it out of the park every time and I wonder who that is waiting for the train. I wonder if it's Everett.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I actually liked the Hellfire Gala. It was less of an event and more of a crossover, where everything intersected in a fun way. It wasn't meant to be a structured narrative like most events are, though there were running plotlines and ideas. It was great seeing little plots or elements from one book peep into another. Plus the costumes were gorgeous and I loved how fans made their own Gala outfits for their OCs.

For the Q&A itself, a couple of these got me interested.

AIPT: OK, moving to the present, X-Fan Joshua was curious to know why Moira and Destiny are still enemies. Joshua thought Destiny only hated Moira initially because she wanted to “cure” the mutant gene. Now that Moira has fully converted to mutantdom’s cause, is it just that Moira hates someone who burned her alive? I know I would!

Jordan: Well, I can’t say too much about this because there’s another issue and one might suspect that might come up. What I’ll say is, yeah, Moira has worked really hard to stop Destiny from being alive. So I can understand why Destiny would be ticked about that. [Laughs]
    AIPT: [Laughs] I’d say they both have reasons for feeling the way they do.

Jordan: I think it’s pretty easy to say the root of it does go back to that initial encounter between them, for sure. But to get into more detail, I think would step too much on Inferno #4.
    Makes me hopeful that we'll go into more detail about the bad blood between Moira and Destiny in issue 4. It was pretty likely, since they're going to talk to each other then. But I'd love to see their dynamic be even more complex than what we've seen so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.