View Poll Results: What ends when Hickman leaves the X-Books? (MULTIPLE CHOICES ALLOWED)

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Quiet Council

43 32.33%
  • The Resurrection Protocols

47 35.34%
  • The Moira Plotline

83 62.41%
  • Krakoa The Island

7 5.26%
  • Krakoa The Nation

10 7.52%
  • Other

13 9.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Take your bets! What do you think goes with Hickman when he leaves?
    Threads like this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I believe that ending the resurrections would have been the start of the next phase that no one wanted to happen yet. Maybe I'm not as smart as a highly advanced AI, but taking out the Five seems like an incredibly obvious first step.

So basically, I guess if that's off the table I don't think much of anything is going to change.
    The Five are more or less unimportant to the protocol. They are nothing but a hyped up clone body manufactory. What's actualy important is cerebro and it's memory storage system. Without it, all they have are empty husks.

So that's what would need to be destroyed (all 5) to make a difference.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-17-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Protocols and Moira. The two worst things he brought in, or at least the most dangerous and damaging, those WMDs need to be buried deep and forgotten.

Just the Moira plot.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No more hiding for Moira.

And hopefully Mystique dips.

And mutant villains coming back.
    "Cable was right!"

The Red Dragon

Im cool with the island but I hope the resurrection and Moira plot line end.

In order for the Inferno event to have the type of bite Hickman suggests it does is if something fundamental to this era is permanently lost. Lost in such a manner that it creates secondary and tertiary crises as well, ones that cannot be blasted, punched, or mind-controlled away. My guess would be the Resurrection Protocols and the Krakoan medicine. Inferno doing away with both would be a tremendous seedbed for stories. Does the culture remain the same now that they can't be lackadaisical about life and injuries. Does Crucible remain? Will Sinister's services be more sought after in the absence of easy, string-free revivals?

Burn it down! Burn it down! Burn it to the ground, wooo!

In all seriousness I doubt they'll ditch all of it, as much as I wish they would. A better guess is ending the protocols or revealing an actual bad consequence of them, and Moira getting taken off the table. The other thing I can think of is having all of the mutants who matter getting expelled from Krakoa when the villains take over completely, and Krakoa just becomes Genosha 3.0 while everyone else gets back to standard X men stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Just the Moira plot.
    Yeah, that'll be wrapped up, the rest remains as status quo for at least another year or two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

The Moira plot for sure. I guess we'll see if she is on the right path for a potential life 11, if this is her last life, or if we get a dumb re-retcon were she gets her powers removed so there's no more reset button, lol.

I also think the Quiet Council will either cease to exist or drastically change. It was already explained in HoX/PoX that the QC was a temporary thing. Hell, Mags even talks about an "inferno" when they explain the whole thing to Emma.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Resurrection & Moira will end.

I have a feeling that Mystique or Destiny will sabotage or kill the FIVE

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    The Moira plot for sure. I guess we'll see if she is on the right path for a potential life 11, if this is her last life, or if we get a dumb re-retcon were she gets her powers removed so there's no more reset button, lol.
    Destiny comes back (somehow) and injects Moira with some 'mutant cure' that paradoxically saves the universe so that when she dies (as a human), she doesn't take the universe with her.

Mystique goes to hell finally.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Mystique goes to hell finally.

Just give her to Zeb Wells.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

How about what I hope doesn't return like the QC which may have sounded interesting ended up being a bore and hopefully Kurt can be set free from it. Also the Moira storyline will hopefully be retconned back and just be a fever dream. I was going to pick the most boring thing of all that became Krakoa but I think it has potential.