View Poll Results: What ends when Hickman leaves the X-Books? (MULTIPLE CHOICES ALLOWED)

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Quiet Council

43 32.33%
  • The Resurrection Protocols

47 35.34%
  • The Moira Plotline

83 62.41%
  • Krakoa The Island

7 5.26%
  • Krakoa The Nation

10 7.52%
  • Other

13 9.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    And since we just got OG Cable back... and knowing sh!t ahead of time is kind of his thing... could he swoop in at the end, blast Moira with the same gun Forge built many years ago which took Ororo's powers, and save Krakoa from being wiped out by here death? In fact, due to their history together, it wouldn't surprise me if Moira tasked him with doing just that to protect Krakoa.
    Very interesting theory. I like it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I still maintain that Moira's next resurrection isn't a reset but related to the protocols in some way.

Given the context, I'm not sure Inferno will get rid of anything but rather change it fundementally. Hickman is letting the writers play in the sandbox some more, hence him leaving now, so I doubt that means the end of some of the core stuff.

My prediction are:
    - Moira gets exposed and maybe there's a new form of Schism with people going prop and against Moira's plans (and maybe it will lead to her getting depowered to prevent the lost of this timeline).
    - The Protocols stay, but problems like the Rockslide resurrection start popping off more often, maybe leading into the Five being shaken up in some way.
    - Chimeras start to pop up as consequence of Inferno.

Mighty Member

Hmm,

Can the Moira plot be resolved without the Phanlanx part of it all? I guess it could but it seemed after ORCHIS wed get the Phanlanx as a threat.

Also, if they want to remain in the age of the X-Men thriving, can they do away with the resurrection protocols? Seems when that happens, then the "glory" days will be over.

I do expect more division. Maybe the council stays but is defied more and more? Hopefully the villains return though.

Another point to resurrection going away: spoilers:
    Orchis figured it out almost immediately because apparently Xavier is just too dumb to not send different mutants each time after they were already killed by Orchis before? Between that and X-Men hinting at Urich finding out it's sounding like it's stopping.
    end of spoilers

At this point i'm okay with Moira going away, Xavier not having the memories he should have and going away for a bit and magneto going away. The mangeto one really hurt but reading inferno they can all three go go go.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Moira needs to be resolved because I don't think anyone other than Hickman would do anything with her.

If resurrection goes, I won't like it, but I guess I'll just go back to not caring about folks dying for an entirely different reason. I think it is one of the best things about this era as most X-deaths pre-Krakoa were lazy and cheap. Only one meaningful death in two years has been pretty refreshing.

As opposed to now when they arent lazy and cheap when they happen every two issues?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    As opposed to now when they arent lazy and cheap when they happen every two issues?
    It's not about how often it happens. They feel lazy and cheap when we're supposed to care, when we're supposed to read the story and think "Oh no, they're gone now!" as if there was no turning back from it like in real life, when we know that's not the truth. The resurrection protocols fix the issue in a meta way by making it party of the story and the status quo that, yes, they're not staying dead, you're not supposed to take any grief from the narrative and neither does the characters, and their resurrection is now a natural thing in-universe rather than something you need to create a reason/explanation for, like "so, Kid Cable goes and somehow get a Phoenix shard to reanimate Scott's dead body".

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Another point to resurrection going away: spoilers:
    Orchis figured it out almost immediately because apparently Xavier is just too dumb to not send different mutants each time after they were already killed by Orchis before? Between that and X-Men hinting at Urich finding out it's sounding like it's stopping.
    end of spoilers
    I actually laughed out loud when I saw that, I mean at least install a self destruct protocol

I think it shows the hubris of Charles

Without Moira resetting the time line why would the resurrection protocols go away? They have substitutes for the 5 right? Obviously Xavier can be subbed out. I’m curious what logical reason the mutants would have to stop.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Without Moira resetting the time line why would the resurrection protocols go away? They have substitutes for the 5 right? Obviously Xavier can be subbed out. I’m curious what logical reason the mutants would have to stop.
    What if the backups get corrupted?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What if the backups get corrupted?
    Do you mean the Cerebro helms? I could see that, it would have to be a pretty good story though since they’ve got quite a few in different places. Also in Wolverine today we learned they set off a warning if corrupted and Forge makes a new one while the toss the broken one.

Or did you mean the back ups to the five? That would be quite interesting also.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Do you mean the Cerebro helms? I could see that, it would have to be a pretty good story though since they’ve got quite a few in different places. Also in Wolverine today we learned they set off a warning if corrupted and Forge makes a new one while the toss the broken one.

Or did you mean the back ups to the five? That would be quite interesting also.
    I mean the Cerebro helms, I mean I can imagine Orchis infiltrating all of them and corrupting them

Or corrupting a mutant and when they get backed up it corrupts all the copies

Fantastic Member

No matter how this goes, just don’t regress back to the school. That’s over.