View Poll Results: What ends when Hickman leaves the X-Books? (MULTIPLE CHOICES ALLOWED)

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Quiet Council

43 32.33%
  • The Resurrection Protocols

47 35.34%
  • The Moira Plotline

83 62.41%
  • Krakoa The Island

7 5.26%
  • Krakoa The Nation

10 7.52%
  • Other

13 9.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    No matter how this goes, just don’t regress back to the school. That’s over.
    I’d like to see the school exist but not be home base if that makes any sense. Not for a long time though, I’m happy in Krakoa.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

Nothing is ever really over in comics so the school will be back in some form...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Hmm,

Can the Moira plot be resolved without the Phanlanx part of it all? I guess it could but it seemed after ORCHIS wed get the Phanlanx as a threat.

Also, if they want to remain in the age of the X-Men thriving, can they do away with the resurrection protocols? Seems when that happens, then the "glory" days will be over.

I do expect more division. Maybe the council stays but is defied more and more? Hopefully the villains return though.
    Phalanx seem to be the penultimate threat, first Orchis, then Xeno , then the Russian mutants and then the Children of the Vault(imo an even bigger threat than Nimrod) have to be taken care of before we go galactic

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    No matter how this goes, just don’t regress back to the school. That’s over.
    They should go back to the Outback town, but with like the number of X-Men there are now instead of just six of them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Do you mean the Cerebro helms? I could see that, it would have to be a pretty good story though since they’ve got quite a few in different places. Also in Wolverine today we learned they set off a warning if corrupted and Forge makes a new one while the toss the broken one.

Or did you mean the back ups to the five? That would be quite interesting also.
    The first issue points out that ultimately the process relies on the Cradles and the DNA. A good story can point that out for one reason (Destiny) and then also be using it as foreshadowing (destruction of the resurrection process).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d like to see the school exist but not be home base if that makes any sense. Not for a long time though, I’m happy in Krakoa.
    I agree. Let it be an actual school.

Now that Destiny is back...the Mutant Nation Island will not be burnt down...literally.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

There's definitely room for improvement in Krakoa's education system, which currently looks more like a pedagogic nightmare. It would be nice to see some members of the council (who aren't Exodus) take responsibility for making sure all those young mutants they rescue from across the globe are well taken care of and receive all the education and support they need.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Once Moira goes away...I'm presuming...they can place the school (not the X-Mansion as that's a Sidri nest *another sub-plot that won't be addressed) in the No Place so that it won't be a target and the children can learn in peace.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Once Moira goes away...I'm presuming...they can place the school (not the X-Mansion as that's a Sidri nest *another sub-plot that won't be addressed) in the No Place so that it won't be a target and the children can learn in peace.
    Won't work, the writers already know about No Places.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not about how often it happens. They feel lazy and cheap when we're supposed to care, when we're supposed to read the story and think "Oh no, they're gone now!" as if there was no turning back from it like in real life, when we know that's not the truth. The resurrection protocols fix the issue in a meta way by making it party of the story and the status quo that, yes, they're not staying dead, you're not supposed to take any grief from the narrative and neither does the characters, and their resurrection is now a natural thing in-universe rather than something you need to create a reason/explanation for, like "so, Kid Cable goes and somehow get a Phoenix shard to reanimate Scott's dead body".
    Resurrection protocols should go cause the characters are now just making stupid mistakes and becoming complacent. Also mutants may not see dying as something to not hold grief over, but it’s shown that their enemies will use the remains in some type of experiment that will come back to bite them. So resurrection protocols should go cause to many mistakes get made when you have multiple chances and learn nothing from it.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I don't think the resurrection protocols are going anywhere. I think the first pages of Inferno mirror HoX/PoX in which Charles is welcoming the heroes who died in the battle against Orchis. If that's the case, the scene is out of order and it's supposed to appear after whatever big battle of this story.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think the villains being united with the heroes are gonna go the wayside.
    This is what I want to see. I've never understood exactly why someone like Selene or Shaw or so many others would just play nice after all these years. I want to see the Brotherhood again, I want to see mutants who do not agree with the Krakoan Agenda, who like chaos, who want to go their own way. Not everyone should want to drink the kool-aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Resurrection protocols should go cause the characters are now just making stupid mistakes and becoming complacent. Also mutants may not see dying as something to not hold grief over, but it’s shown that their enemies will use the remains in some type of experiment that will come back to bite them. So resurrection protocols should go cause to many mistakes get made when you have multiple chances and learn nothing from it.
    So they actually have a drawback that gives their enemies an advantage and ups the stakes in a different way than before... And you're talking like that is a problem that has to go away? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So they actually have a drawback that gives their enemies an advantage and ups the stakes in a different way than before... And you're talking like that is a problem that has to go away? LOL
    It’s less upping stakes and more of making characters make mistakes they never have made before. Like repeatedly sending the same people back to back and expecting a different result. Like what was the point in sending X-force 5 or 6 times. That’s a level of carelessness that’s out of no where and doesn’t reflect good on these characters level of skill when it comes to engaging enemies.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 09-30-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

All it does is give them a shit ton of adamantium and tip them off bout the protocols, which up til literally this issue they've gone to great lengths to hide from the humans (though Urich seems to have already discovered it)