Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I still thin Legion should have told someone apart from Kurt what was going on. If you kill 68 people without explanation and just leave, people will tend to think that you're dangerous/unstable
    Let's not forget that the Xorn brothers were present and seem to be more on his side than Xaviers, they also could be implicated as well unless Legion has shared with them the presence of Onslaught and that is why they don't trust Xavier near his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok i didn’t wanna be that person, but I was looking at Kurt kinda funny in this issue. He’s getting mad at Cortez for disrespecting the lives of other mutants and then puts him and his VICTIM into a life threatening situation. Also I’m very against this whole “I need to forgive the person behind my trauma” nonsense.
    He reached his breaking point, what did you expect to happen? Kurt has the patient of a saint but even he has his limits.
    And he was making a breakthrough with them, albeit under extreme measures, that is until Onslaught came in and ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok i didn’t wanna be that person, but I was looking at Kurt kinda funny in this issue. He’s getting mad at Cortez for disrespecting the lives of other mutants and then puts him and his VICTIM into a life threatening situation. Also I’m very against this whole “I need to forgive the person behind my trauma” nonsense.
    This! all this! i was actually offended Kurt forced a victim to interact with her predator. There is no universe kurt has been that cold. There was no positive resolution to this because it was forced, imo, but this was even worse.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So was there any real development leading to Kurt finding the answer, or did he pull that out of his ass? Feels like a case of "got cancelled, so they have to solve everything RIGHT NOW". Kurt's big move would be a lot cooler if there weren't the resurrections. It felt completely hollow because of that.

As for Kurt, Lost and Cortez, that was really messed up. Put a victim together with the person who hurt them, and demand they work things out. For whose' benefit was that? Given that Cortez straight up murdered her in the process it can't be for her benefit. And then, try to extrapolate the lesson there to the rest of the line and its themes. Mutants have to forgive other mutants for the pain they've caused each other, no matter how unrepentent or unforgivable. But nobody has suggested anything similar for the humans who've hurt them, like any of the Trask family. Or god forbid, Wanda. The Hellfire brat from Marauders has been treated with more empathy than Wanda has.
    Well...they did celebrate her death with thunderous applause, so yeah that does seem a might disrespectful.

I believe he murdered her parents and he only killed her when Onslaught intervened to get rid of Kurt.
    Also Kurt up until his revelation was operating as best he could to help Lost, he doesn't have all the answer and went with his gut, can that really be held against him?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This! all this! i was actually offended Kurt forced a victim to interact with her predator. There is no universe kurt has been that cold. There was no positive resolution to this because it was forced, imo, but this was even worse.
    In real life, I agree this is a terrible idea. But I’ve seen this many times before in comics, most x-men have ended up on the same team as their villains. Heck all the other books have villains and heroes making nice right now. In trial of Magneto, Pietro is drinking with mastermind who was predatory towards Wanda, Toad’s history with her isn’t too hot either and here he is making nice like none of that matters (the good old days, WTF). It’s also a common media go-to for the purpose of drama that the person who’s been hurt faces the one that ruined their life, be it for revenge, reconciliation, justice etc. X-men are facing their trauma’s constantly.

I’d rather Lost wasn’t put in that position and I didn’t think it was really necessary for Spurrier to add abuse on top of being made an orphan, especially since the book is ending and Lost may disappear into NPC limbo.
    Last edited by Proxy; 08-18-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    In real life, I agree this is a terrible idea. But I’ve seen this many times before in comics, most x-men have ended up on the same team as their villains. Heck all the other books have villains and heroes making nice right now. In trial of Magneto, Pietro is drinking with mastermind who was predatory towards Wanda, Toad’s history with her isn’t too hot either and here he is making nice like none of that matters (the good old days, WTF). It’s also a common media go-to for the purpose of drama that the person who’s been hurt faces the one that ruined their life, be it for revenge, reconciliation, justice etc. X-men are facing their trauma’s constantly.

I’d rather Lost wasn’t put in that position and I didn’t think it was really necessary for Spurrier to add abuse on top of being made an orphan, especially since the book is ending and Lost may disappear into NPC limbo.
    I get that and if it happened by chance i would 1000% agree but what doesn't sit well is i don't think Kurt would do this to victim. You can't pimp this as kurt journey and write him in such a way it is beyond understandable just to fit the plot. This isn't even some deep psychological thing that is up for debate. I feel one of the most basic principles of kurt is he would not put lost in such a position so i can't read it in world in my mind. And that is why i say i can't imagine a version of kurt that would have been so cruel.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So everyone that’s been resurrected on krakoa is technically related to onslaught now

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I get that and if it happened by chance i would 1000% agree but what doesn't sit well is i don't think Kurt would do this to victim. You can't pimp this as kurt journey and write him in such a way it is beyond understandable just to fit the plot. This isn't even some deep psychological thing that is up for debate. I feel one of the most basic principles of kurt is he would not put lost in such a position so i can't read it in world in my mind. And that is why i say i can't imagine a version of kurt that would have been so cruel.
    I understand that. Kurt’s characterisation has been super inconsistent and at times I feel it’s been non-existent so I’m not really expecting much from him when I read this book. If there are moments in character, fab! If not, well the books finishing and thank goodness it’s only been 6 issues and Spurrier won’t have to write for Kurt anymore.

If I was being charitable about Spurriers intentions, it would be that Kurt genuinely thought he could mediate the situation and no one would get hurt and got it horribly wrong. In his history it wouldn’t be the first time his well intentioned meddling backfired.
    Last edited by Proxy; 08-18-2021 at 05:13 PM.

I'm still so afraid they're going to use Onslaught to wipe away every OOC moment and bad thing characters have done in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm still so afraid they're going to use Onslaught to wipe away every OOC moment and bad thing characters have done in this era.
    I hadnt even thought of that, but it makes sense and I totally buy it

All-New Member

Probably because I’m a dork, but one of the things that stuck out to me in this issue was it was the first time I’ve seen Kurt curse in a comic. I don’t think he’s ever gotten a blipped out curse word lol. It was…weirdly titillating hee.

I’m at least happy Kurt got to do some stuff and got one big moment/awesome feat.

I enjoyed this issue, seeing Kurt do that work was cool. Looking forward to the next step in the story.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I like this interpretation of the third law.
    I do too -- although I can't help but wonder to what degree it's going to prove to be merely metaphorical and to what degree it might end up becoming literal.

If the rule is "Respect this sacred land," might it be acknowledged that "this sacred land" is technically a mutant itself? And might it also be concluded that, to a certain degree, the mutants who have been resurrected are "of Krakoa" themselves?

If so, it's an even stronger moral imperative, perhaps, to treat a fellow mutant as a sacred entity unto itself: each mutant will both literally and figuratively be part of The Land of Mutants.

-Pav, who hopes Si keeps writing X-comics for years...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The book was ok, Kurt was cool for the most part in his sacrifice but the references to Kurts faith was still a bit of a let down, again. Shouldn't they resurrect Lost? Seeing Storm was nice though I don't know if I'll be reading that story. Cortez, well what can I say, he was a villain.