Default The Z-Fighters Vs. The Pride Troopers: Redux

Yes, yes, we know it took the combined might of Goku, Frieza, and Android 17 to defeat Jiren once and for all in the Tournament of Power. But a good chunk of Universe 11's defeat came from fighting the other universes, Universe 6 fighting directly against the Pride Troopers, and, by Vegeta's analysis, Jiren not fighting seriously for most of the tournament.

For this rumble, we'll have the same arena, same rules, same lineups, and same powerlevels at the time of ToP, but it's just the two teams going at it.

How does this battle go?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Only three of the PT actually seemed like powerhouses (Toppa, Jiren, and the actual FTL guy).

I figure Vegeta can stalemate Toppa, Goku, Freiza, and 17 can take on Jiren, and the fast guys gets ganged up on by Piccolo and Gohan. 18 and the rest can handle the other PT I’d Imagine.

Of course, Jiren really is the only one that truly matters. Because if he goes 100% than only Goku and maybe Vegeta/17 are staying in.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, if Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, #17, Toppo, and Jiren are all fighting full out, everyone else is probably going to be KO'd or ringed out by the backblast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    For this rumble, we'll have the same arena, same rules, same lineups, and same powerlevels at the time of ToP, but it's just the two teams going at it.
    To clarify, do you mean as they started the tournament, or do they have access to the abilities they'd unlocked during the tournament, like Hakai, Ultra Instinct, Royal Blue, being a motivated Jiren, etc?

Spectacular Member

Universe 11 stomps. If they all fight as they were in the start then Universe 7 wouldn't have immediate access to the stuff like SSBE, UI Sign and Perfected UI which is their only shot against the heavy hitters. The top 3 of U11 has already shown they can go 1v2 against the top 5 of U7, which leaves the bottom 5 of U7 against the bottom 7 of U11 which puts the former at a disadvantage.
    Last edited by Saitou Hajime; 08-18-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    To clarify, do you mean as they started the tournament, or do they have access to the abilities they'd unlocked during the tournament, like Hakai, Ultra Instinct, Royal Blue, being a motivated Jiren, etc?
    Ooh, good question. I originally envisioned the start of the tournament, but I really wouldn't know how some of those abilities would necessarily be unlocked (though I yield to the more knowledgeable posters here).

I suppose Round 1: as they are at the start of the tournament, and if the Z-Fighters lose, then...

Round 2: the battle restarts and everyone starts refreshed but armed with their unlocked abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Ooh, good question. I originally envisioned the start of the tournament, but I really wouldn't know how some of those abilities would necessarily be unlocked (though I yield to the more knowledgeable posters here).

I suppose Round 1: as they are at the start of the tournament, and if the Z-Fighters lose, then...

Round 2: the battle restarts and everyone starts refreshed but armed with their unlocked abilities.
    Round 1- PT. Well, Jiren, but PT.
    Round 2- U7 edges out, thanks to the big boosts that Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan gain from the first round, as well as pushing themselves in the 2nd round.

Round 2 is a stomp for U11 too if Jiren doesn't sandbag, unless Goku starts off in MUI (which he could never do of his own volition and lost after healing up from the tournament, so ironically being refreshed screws him over there).

Dyspo requires a fairly heavy hitter (Freeza or #17 basically) to devote themselves to limiting his movements or no one can touch him, and Toppo can easily take advantage of that to Hakai whoever is doing it.

With Jiren going all-out Goku and Vegeta are the only ones that can do anything about him at all, and they're going to lose that fight. But without them no one can hurt or even really slow down Toppo in God of Destruction mode so he just crushes everyone else with some assists from Dyspo.

The rest of the Pride Troopers are pretty irrelevant but I guess they can still probably beat the human parts of the U7 team.
    Last edited by Siriel; 08-19-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Spectacular Member

Without MUI, Jiren wins. With MUI... Technically, Jiren still outlasted it, and was in much better shape than Goku afterwards.

How that applies to a theoretical fresh Goku with MUI, I don't know, but I wouldn't consider it a given that Goku would still win.

We only really saw three or so big guns for Universe Eleven, but a lot of Universe Seven's big hitters were taken out by other teams. If I remember correctly, 18 was taken out by a different team, so having another tireless fighter around could make a big difference, even if she isn't nearly as a strong as her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Without MUI, Jiren wins. With MUI... Technically, Jiren still outlasted it, and was in much better shape than Goku afterwards.

How that applies to a theoretical fresh Goku with MUI, I don't know, but I wouldn't consider it a given that Goku would still win.
    Even if their fight went exactly the same as in canon, that would leave Vegeta around to finish off Jiren and then defeat Toppo.

Spectacular Member

U11 still wins Round 2. Even with Perfected UI Goku still needed two resolve boosts to overcome Super Full Power Jiren and he probably won't get those boosts with the change in circumstances. SSBE Vegeta needed a resolve boost and a Final Destination to defeat Destroyer Top, he was getting his ass kicked otherwise.