Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Said 'children' were magical conjurations to begin with, no? WandaVision's version was succinct in their telling: Wanda was fulfilling her own desires, no matter the collateral damage. Selfish, in a word. We can emotionally understand the temptation [with such power at hand], but was it right? No.
    Her kids were real, then not, then real again. Typical comics bs.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

This is probably more a Way of X comment, but then fact that the Councillor immediately degenerate into rabid dogs trying to murder rather than restrain each other (Magneto trying to crush Xavier’s skull and Storm and Kate’s threats to kill him) are a really bad sign, considering they are letting Beast, the war crime that walks like a man, operate with near-impunity

That said, the QC probably did themselves a favour in their spiteful ruling against resurrection. Not only is Wanda’s consciousness apparently intact somewhere, but Onslaught would have gorged on the gap and become even more powerful

That said, relations between the Avenger and X-Men seem far too good in their series for the apparent throw down that’s coming

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    This is probably more a Way of X comment, but then fact that the Councillor immediately degenerate into rabid dogs trying to murder rather than restrain each other (Magneto trying to crush Xavier’s skull and Storm and Kate’s threats to kill him) are a really bad sign, considering they are letting Beast, the war crime that walks like a man, operate with near-impunity

That said, the QC probably did themselves a favour in their spiteful ruling against resurrection. Not only is Wanda’s consciousness apparently intact somewhere, but Onslaught would have gorged on the gap and become even more powerful

That said, relations between the Avenger and X-Men seem far too good in their series for the apparent throw down that’s coming
    Could be too early to tell, but I doubt the Avengers will have much input in the story beyond maybe Vision.

BANNED

• Since it's been implied/stated that Wanda nor her bother are mutants how can Wanda be resurrected using the Krakoan Protocols?
    • How can Onslaught use Wanda as fuel for his powers for the same reason as noted above?
    • I'm gonna say another magic tried to polish her off. Mordred, perhaps?

Last edited by Micabe; 08-19-2021 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    • Since it's been implied/stated that Wanda nor her bother are mutants how can Wanda be resurrected using the Krakoan Protocols?
    • How can Onslaught use Wanda as fuel for his powers for the same reason as noted above?
    I'd love to see Modred again.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    *) They stated that they fooled the protocols, but like with everything regarding the retcon, is not clear how. They have back ups (though its hinted to be very old back ups).
    *) Much like they can fool cerebro they can probably still read as mutant enough for Onslaugh.
    *) Agreed. Not sure I can speculate on the who. I am not familiar with Mordred.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    *) They stated that they fooled the protocols, but like with everything regarding the retcon, is not clear how. They have back ups (though its hinted to be very old back ups).
    *) Much like they can fool cerebro they can probably still read as mutant enough for Onslaugh.

*) Agreed. Not sure I can speculate on the who. I am not familiar with Mordred.

Last edited by Micabe; 08-19-2021 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jean is allowed to be a member of the X-Men after destroying the D’Bari. If they can forgive her, they can forgive Wanda.

Apocalypse came up with the crucible, everyone de powered who has not yet been repowered can get their powers back.
    Well yes they can after they go through combat that sees them die before the eyes of many in practically violent ways while the crowd cheers on... but Apocalypse gets a pass so that's ok i guess and not utter barbarism.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It would appear Krakoa itself disagrees
    I wonder, if Krakoa itself somehow brings her back, regardless of making her a mutant or not what could the ramifications of such an event be?

I mean X of Swords showed that Krakoa is not bound to the councils decisions and if it is once more taking a unilateral approach to resurrecting her(?), how would the people who voted no react to it?

Do they wonder if the council is even needed? Do they punish Krakoa? Do they just move on?

And if the island does in fact plan to bring her back, why would it go so far for her? Does it need Wanda for some specific purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    My point was Lorna's sudden love and heart for Wanda was horribly forced and out of character of course that was far from the only thing that was.
    I would have to agree with that assessment, Lorna relationship with Wanda was non existent, and her relationship with Magneto during this run was positive and yet suddenly it is flipped so that Lorna loved Wanda and hated Magneto?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Jean is allowed to be a member of the X-Men after destroying the D’Bari. If they can forgive her, they can forgive Wanda.

Apocalypse came up with the crucible, everyone de powered who has not yet been repowered can get their powers back.
    Jean Grey paid for cooking the D'Bari and was even attacked by Starhammer (Vuk), one of the last living D'Bari... Has Wanda paid for hers?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-19-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

By serving as X-Men's plot device I guess.
    Again TCC doesn't count I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Look if Blob can forgive Wanda I think anyone can.
    Hey Magma you had to watch your boyfriend die in a pit of lava cause of Wanda you should forgive her

Hey Rainboy you drowned in your own water cause of Wanda you should forgive her

Hey Academy x kids you were left defenseless when the Purifiers came and blew up your bus cause of Wanda. You should forgive her.

Hey all mutants who were forced to stay depowered or dead after M day when you knew you were more. You should forgive her.

And before you or anyone else waste more breath bringing up all the bad guys on Krakoa. Say it with me SHE...IS....NOT....A......MUTANT. Even if she was that doesn't mean people have to forgive her. It would only mean that people couldn't punish her for M Day. Just look at how people treat the Fennris Twins and steroids that's how Wanda would be treated.

Read it last night after work. Read it again this morning. Loved it. Really looking forward to issue #2.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Hey Magma you had to watch your boyfriend die in a pit of lava cause of Wanda you should forgive her

Hey Rainboy you drowned in your own water cause of Wanda you should forgive her

Hey Academy x kids you were left defenseless when the Purifiers came and blew up your bus cause of Wanda. You should forgive her.

Hey all mutants who were forced to stay depowered or dead after M day when you knew you were more. You should forgive her.
    They're all alive again or in a waiting list to be restored. Death is meaningless.

And before you or anyone else waste more breath bringing up all the bad guys on Krakoa. Say it with me SHE...IS....NOT....A......MUTANT.
    Yeah, she is. Mags disappointed her again during Axis so in a final effort to say "Up yours, daddy!" She changed the family DNA. Everyone knows what she did. It's going to be commented on soon.

Just look at how people treat the Fennris Twins and steroids that's how Wanda would be treated.
    Wanda helped Hope to direct the Phoenix force to restore mutants instead of annihilating the planet like it wanted to. She helped stop Red Skull/Onslaught from commiting another genocidal strike against mutants. She died saving all the depowered mutants from the Apocalypse twins during Planet X. That's three times she atoned with actions and deeds instead of ostentatious displays of begging. And that's more than Fennris or any of the council villains have helped.

Mentioning one-off c-listers who were created just to be killed off by the decimation is like claiming you want Justice for the citizens of Alderaan.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."