Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

The mystery of it all really intrigues me and I'm looking forward to the next issue. Pietro's appearance was riveting and the reunion with the Brotherhood was nice. I didn't like some of the characterizations but overall I like the direction of the story and I'm happy to follow it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Even if he doesn’t leave Krakoa, I can certainly see him becoming more distant, secretive and less merciful. He may even abandon his seat on the council. In this mystery nobody was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and instantly assumed the worst of him even with their claims of mutant solidarity. It’s in these moments that you find out who are truly your allies and the major players of Krakoa came up short.
    Yes he had an actual alliance with Charles and Moira and was open about his initiatives with the Quiet Council, after this itīs most probably all of that will stop and it will also depend of whoīs to blame for the murder because he made official his invitation to Wanda, he didnīt hide it and X-force knew she was coming if it was indeed someone he told she was coming as part of the Gala, who deliberately decided to kill her and frame him for her death that will burn some bridges with him. Like I could still see him staying for the sake of the bigger plan with Charles and Moira but I donīt think he would see much point in sharing with them anything else and would find it hard to stay in a place in which nobody trust him and so he canīt trust nobody there anymore.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-18-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Amazing Member

Like I said in the other thread, Magneto felt so out of left field as a character (well, at least the one we've been reading the last two years) that it stuck out like a sore thumb over the whole book.

It's an OK comic, I hoped it would feel bigger/better. The art is really good and the story and mystery is big enough for me to keep reading. Hopefully the execution gets better because the setting is there for this to be pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    The problem with Magneto is that he went straight to attacking the X-MEN that confronted him instead of saying "I did not kill her". His lack of denial doesn't help him at the slghtest.
    I mean if you didn't get the notion that he was upset about the council voting against him so he wanted somebody to beat up on idk what you were reading.

He didn't really care why they were there he just wanted to vent

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It was Exodus. Totally Exodus. Maybe with help from Mystique but it was absolutely him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, Magneto felt so out of left field as a character (well, at least the one we've been reading the last two years) that it stuck out like a sore thumb over the whole book.

It's an OK comic, I hoped it would feel bigger/better. The art is really good and the story and mystery is big enough for me to keep reading. Hopefully the execution gets better because the setting is there for this to be pretty great.
    The council told him "the women you viewed as a daughter life is staying dead so we can piss on her grave" you'd be a little angry and unhinged

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Also Northstar basically telling Domino to fuck off was great

So as for the Wanda backup...is Wanda getting White Vision'd?

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

More like Trial TO READ of Magneto, AMIRITE?

Nah, just kidding. Was pleasantly surprised by this. Always suspected the X-Factor cast could do more when d-list guff like Mojoverses (without Longshot????) and Morrigans weren't involved. Pleased to see Pietro as well. Artwork very nice too, and felt like I got my money's worth with the story. Was also intrigued by the votes on the Quiet Council, surprised Storm went with no tbh.

I'll definitely give next issue a whirl

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post

I hope this too because this comic has some pretty interesting ideas at the center, the main problem is the characterization of some of the characters and Magneto in particular, it doesnīt help heīs one of the protagonists.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was a good first issue. I'm intrigued about who the real killer is and what is going on with Wanda. Mags' reaction to being denied what he wants and refusing to recognize any authority but his own is completely believable to me, not out of character. He and Lorna hitting each other where it hurts was a juicy scene. The X-Factor cast was great, especially Prodigy and Eye Boy. Loved all the Quicksilver scenes, he and Northstar really do have a lot in common. The art was great, the splash pages in particular were very well done. Looking forward to the next issue.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Metal right?

Has no one considered Mercury?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This was a bad start, and honestly I couldn't even really finish it. The Lorna stuff was just so bad.

Leah's portrayal of Polaris was really off, and felt like it literally came out of nowhere. She doesn't even know Wanda, and yet Williams had Lorna flying off the rails for a woman she hardly knows. You would think if anyone would attempt to actually talk to Magneto it would be Lorna, but no, she has a breakdown because Magneto has retroactively been treating her badly. While their relationship has been rocky, its been pretty solid these past couple of years, and especially during Krakoa. So this felt so random, and quite honestly, stupid.

You could tell Williams thought she was doing something empowering here with Lorna, but it was a huge miss for me. Hopefully this mini will be the last time she writes Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This was a bad start, and honestly I couldn't even really finish it. The Lorna stuff was just so bad.

Leah's portrayal of Polaris was really off, and felt like it literally came out of nowhere. She doesn't even know Wanda, and yet Williams had Lorna flying off the rails for a woman she hardly knows. You would think if anyone would attempt to actually talk to Magneto it would be Lorna, but no, she has a breakdown because Magneto has retroactively been treating her badly. While their relationship has been rocky, its been pretty solid these past couple of years, and especially during Krakoa. So this felt so random, and quite honestly, stupid.

You could tell Williams thought she was doing something empowering here with Lorna, but it was a huge miss for me. Hopefully this mini will be the last time she writes Lorna.
    Agreed completely. It will be interesting to know how Duggan will write Lorna on his book if he chooses to aproach her on this issue.

Also if Magneto is supposed to be in a coma or under arrest, then what will be his role on Inferno? I suppose this happens before or during that event.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-18-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Metal right?

Has no one considered Mercury?
    Starfish has consistently. Here's a post from back in June:
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Just for the off chance I'm right, here's how I could see it go down: Following the events of Way of #X #3, Mercury runs into Wanda at the gala and confronts her about Decimation and/or begs her to remove her powers like she did with everyone else, which she can't or won't do. Mercury gets frustrated, which summons Onslaught again, who in turn becomes responsible for Wanda's death. To cover both for Onslaught's existence and the girl's involvement, Magneto takes the blame for the killing. Additionally, I imagine that Onslaught taking on his true form by possessing Mercury's body could easily be mistaken for Magneto.

They are really foreshadowing Billy's reaction to Wanda's death I better get some fucking pay off!! Sidenote again I just feel so bad for Tommy I can't imagine how hurt he is listening to all these people celebrating his mom's death. I'm lowkey shocked he didn't rage.