Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Metal right?

Has no one considered Mercury?
    wasnt Mercury on Mars though?

Can we please talk about Blob being sad about Wanda when he was completely fucked by M-Day? Considering the fact I don't think they've spoken in years & that man wanted to die after M-Day that seemed a little bit of a reach to me just a tad! Of all the people pissed about M-Day I feel Blob has rights to hold a grudge.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Can we please talk about Blob being sad about Wanda when he was completely fucked by M-Day? Considering the fact I don't think they've spoken in years & that man wanted to die after M-Day that seemed a little bit of a reach to me just a tad! Of all the people pissed about M-Day I feel Blob has rights to hold a grudge.
    Good point. Guess Blob must've been harboring a massive crush on Wanda or something to forgive that.

Best part of this comic: when it ends

**And pietro hitting Magneto

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The council told him "the women you viewed as a daughter life is staying dead so we can piss on her grave" you'd be a little angry and unhinged
    I'd be, sure. But I'm not Krakoa's Magneto. I understand why we have to accept he acts the way he does in this book. He's pissed about Wanda dying after having a very touching moment with her, everyone is blaming him AND she's not getting resurrected. But I don't feel the Erik I've been reading since HoX would go unhinged like this at all. Him being an ******* to Lorna was the most on brand he did.

It just felt like we needed to read or see him struggle instead of just coming out of the bat like "**** ALL YOU PEOPLE, WHAT THE **** ARE Y'ALL DOING AND WHO THE **** YOU THINK I AM!".

There's levels between being upset and hurt and going unhinged like he did.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    The council told him "the women you viewed as a daughter life is staying dead so we can piss on her grave" you'd be a little angry and unhinged
    I'd be, sure. But I'm not Krakoa's Magneto. I understand why we have to accept he acts the way he does in this book. He's pissed about Wanda dying after having a very touching moment with her, everyone is blaming him AND she's not getting resurrected. But I don't feel the Erik I've been reading since HoX would go unhinged like this at all. Him being an ******* to Lorna was the most on brand he did.

It just felt like we needed to read or see him struggle instead of just coming out of the bat like "**** ALL YOU PEOPLE, WHAT THE **** ARE Y'ALL DOING AND WHO THE **** YOU THINK I AM!".

There's levels between being upset and hurt and going unhinged like he did.

Reading that intense fight scene I have to wonder if this is the end of X-Men Ally Magneto. There was a lot of no holding back during all that, and not all just Magneto. I realize there has to be some level of emotional involvement and duress taken into account but it was pretty brutal.

Though I laughed a little when in one panel Daken's stabbed Magneto straight out through the shoulders and in the next panel Magneto's floating around without an obvious scratch or battle damage to himself or his clothing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Best part of this comic: when it ends

**And pietro hitting Magneto
    That was a beatdown long in the making

Shame Jean ruined it by mentioning that they’d have had to execute Pietro has he succeeded

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    That was a beatdown long in the making

Shame Jean ruined it by mentioning that they’d have had to execute Pietro has he succeeded
    That's questionable who the hell are they execute Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He can be mad at the situation and separate it from Wanda as a person. So that made sense to me.

Can we talk about Wanda's black lipstick cause that was not the assignment.....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    He can be mad at the situation and separate it from Wanda as a person. So that made sense to me.
    That's generous. I doubt they even cared about Blob's background to even remember that.

This is just homework not being done b y the writers.

Blob probably meditates and released that trauma years ago.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hickman hasn't even left and I'm already missing him... Mercy... Leah...

I thought this was a great issue. I loved the Magneto/Lorna scene because i felt he was trying to hurt her so it made sense to me. I also enjoyed that wanda had agency in this and having Krakoa choose to heal her which connects to Lorna sleeping with Krakoa and creating the boneyard in my opinion is genius (also krakoa taking in Rogue during excalibur). I feel krakoa sensed a similar signature as lorna or even from their bond and knew the importance of wanda to her and is resurrecting her on it's on as evident by her favorite flower which is not native to krakoa appearing. Wanda will be as sacred to mutants as this lands since it is re-birthing her. The only thing i wished for was a polaris/pietro scene but this book was almost perfect for me. I still have to read gamma flight and so far guardians is my book of the week but this was a very close second and the most emotional book of the day. Leah has a softness to her words that makes me feel wanda's dialogue.

Oh and i have no problem with Storm vote. Given Giant size x-men i could say it made sense that storm wouldn't be for a wanda without full memories but i don't think it's that. I think Storm just meant No. She took into account mutants and how the majority would feel and said "No mam" no excuses. From her perspective as someone strange protected on decimation and what has happened since i am glad her stance was a strong voice rather than just a raised hand for yes because that would not feel like Storm to me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-18-2021 at 03:28 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/