Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I was having the same problem.

I can merge my Marvel App stuff to Comixology?
    You can indeed! You need to do it through the website, rather than the app. Just go to your account and there will be an option to sync up to your Marvel account from there. You will then need to log out of the app, if you are still logged in from before the sync, then log back into the app and all your Marvel books will be there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    But she also killed thousands and thousands of mutants!! (something that is also often forgotten!)

So just helping to spark the mutant x gene again does not absolve her from her crime.
    Talking about something often forgotten.

Back in 1999 when Genosha was still around, meaning the number of mutants on Earth were 16 times higher than they were before House of M (when Morrison casualy destroyed Genosha the official death toll of mutants were stated to be 16 millions and the number of depowered mutants were currently retconned into being merely 1 million, meaning a peak mutant population of 17 million), Mister Sinister and High Evolutionary put all of Earth under a damping field, robbing every mutant of their powers within a second just like Wanda did roughly 1 year later.

A status which lasted months, leaving enough time for mutants to contemplate it as new "normal".

Though the only official deaths shown were mostly of The Neo (if i recall right) who had culturaly decided to exclusively live in environments suiting their powers (therefor dying when their powers went out), judging by Decimination all the same events should have occured back then aswell. So Shouldn't the death toll via sudden power loss and extremist taking the chance to attack ex-mutnants also have been 16 times higher than when Wanda did something similar later?

How come these "thousands of thousands of killed mutants" x16 that Mister Sinister would have logicaly caused aren't constantly thrown at him as a crime (on top of all the other horrors and deaths he caused for mutants), while apparently it's something readers should still hate Scarlet Witch for and accept as correct narrative structure for these comics?

Why is he on the ruling council of this mutant nation instead? Why aren't there shrines dedicated to hating him for depowering 17 million mutants (and killing many before and after that)? Why is nobody calling for his head constantly at any second and indoctrinating children to see him as the boogy man?

Why is the worldwide depowering of 17 million mutants not a 17x greater emotional scar on mutantkind collectively aswell?

These are of course hypotical questions, because the actualy reason is editorial and writers didn't gave a damn back then, but they did when they decided on Decimation 6 years later. Likewise Sinister is a "charming" and/or "hillarious" villian so all his crimes quickly become trivialized ("Oh that's so Essex. That little rascal will never change.", while Wanda is a super hero so her crimes last forever ("How could you? We trusted you? Oh wait we made you do that thing because of our stupid editorial mandate.") and need to be dragged out over and over.

But knowing continuity it just becomes jarring.

Especialy looking at how prominent Scarlet Witch has become in the movies, it's a bad mark for the comics that they have dragged it out for so long, for no narrative advantage.

With knuckle headed moves like that, it's no suprise these comics don't manage to build up much synergy with the fandom created by the products based on the them anymore and sales have been dwindling for so long.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-19-2021 at 09:39 AM.

This was a good, if rushed start. I do understand why some are saying the behaviour of a lot of characters feels off, but sadly until we know where in the general timeline this is happening, there will always be a disconnect with the other books in some fashion. I do want to know why Storm voted no. I don't think it's that surprising, but I certainly would want to know why was this in universe.

But then, to be honest, from this issue, I feel the QC is not really going to be use as suspects or red herrings. Actually, from reading it, I'm more convinced now that this is going to be something supernatural, and probably something new or not familiar to X-Men readers, maybe even from Wanda's past or stories.

I still want it to be the campfire kids.

Art was nice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Starfish has consistently. Here's a post from back in June:
    Pretty prescient and plausible(if Mercury is part of the kill gang I don't think she acted alone) kudos.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Said 'children' were magical conjurations to begin with, no? WandaVision's version was succinct in their telling: Wanda was fulfilling her own desires, no matter the collateral damage. Selfish, in a word. We can emotionally understand the temptation [with such power at hand], but was it right? No.
    But they were still alive. And they're alive now.

There are human bigots who killed mutant children and justified it by saying they weren't real people, only mutants. Defining who gets to be considered a 'real' person due to their origins isn't a look that Krakoa should try on.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Emma's cold-blooded vote against resurrection "for a world without Wanda" was so rage inducing. The amount of second chances that Blondie has been given over the years are staggering, but she still can't find it in her heart to forgive others.

Why are the mutants screwing up like this? The guardians know about Brand blocking their messages to Alpha Flight. Billy will find out about the council vote from Magneto. Charles is going out of his way to piss off Legion. The supposed clear heads and leaders of mutantdom are fucking everything up.
    Honestly I'm shocked that you are enraged by Emma's vote, what did you expect from a narcissist?

But they were still alive. And they're alive now.

There are human bigots who killed mutant children and justified it by saying they weren't real people, only mutants. Defining who gets to be considered a 'real' person due to their origins isn't a look that Krakoa should try on.
    Chasing after conjured appirations does not justify murdering her own teammates(Avengersisassembled) or genocide[of the mutants]. And for the record, the numbers were changed over time. When Morrison destroyed Genosha's 16 million mutants, he implied that was only half the global population of mutants. So Wanda depowered almost another 16 million mutants(many of whom would have died falling out of the sky, in lava, etc). Hickman et al have amended the number down to one million, but that was a retcon. But to be fair, there was never an indication of millions mutants before Morrison in the first place. Just before his run, Lobdell had Magneto's Genosha just in the hundreds of thousands.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

How is wanting to save dead children a selfish act worthy of punishment by death?

That's effed up.
    Bringing back the dead by risking all of reality is selfish. And it backfired

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It was Exodus. Totally Exodus. Maybe with help from Mystique but it was absolutely him.
    Seriously he is not the type to hide.He would not kill her in secret and he certainly would not deny it. He is certainly powerful enough to do it by proxy(through mind controling others) but I don't think it's his MO.Lets wait and see but I'd be shocked if he had a part in this( not for a lack of motive but for being this sneaky which just isn't in his character)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Seriously he is not the type to hide.He would not kill her in secret and he certainly would not deny it. He is certainly powerful enough to do it by proxy(through mind controling others) but I don't think it's his MO.Lets wait and see but I'd be shocked if he had a part in this.
    Not a lot of people with white capes at the Gala, and guess who had one who shit on Wanda all the time? Then framing Magneto to get more villains on the council

Extraordinary Member

With regards to whether this is the right time for this book, I think it is the exact time for this book. All of these villains need to be moved out because post Inferno they will not be welcome, that part was just needed for Hickman so they will be free to be bad once more.

Seriously he is not the type to hide.He would not kill her in secret and he certainly would not deny it. He is certainly powerful enough to do it by proxy(through mind controling others) but I don't think it's his MO.Lets wait and see but I'd be shocked if he had a part in this( not for a lack of motive but for being this sneaky which just isn't in his character)
    Exodus is all mouth these days he even let Sinister clear him over his cape, so far he all mouth all that shit he talk when shit hits the fan next issue & the Avengers come wanting smoke for Wanda I expect him to be in the front lines.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Not a lot of people with white capes at the Gala, and guess who had one who shit on Wanda all the time? Then framing Magneto to get more villains on the council
    Are you sure he framed Magneto? White capes are not a tell tale sign it's Exodus. It was a gala, there were enough capes, if you mean the caped figure at the end..that looked a psychic projection to me. Anyway let's wait for more issues, but I don't think it was Exodus and why would he be working with Mystique if as a mind reader he would know she wants Krakoa destroyed? He wants the exact opposite for mutants to thrive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Exodus is all mouth these days he even let Sinister clear him over his cape, so far he all mouth all that shit he talk when shit hits the fan next issue & the Avengers come wanting smoke for Wanda I expect him to be in the front lines.
    He just doesn't want to stoop to Sinister's level , he knows Sinister thrives on buffoonery.

Are you sure he framed Magneto? White capes are not a tell tale sign it's Exodus. It was a gala, there were enough capes, if you mean the caped figure at the end..that looked a psychic projection to me. Anyway let's wait for more issues, but I don't think it was Exodus and why would he be working with Mystique if as a mind reader he would know she wants Krakoa destroyed? He wants the exact opposite for mutants to thrive.
    The white cape is also noted by Rachel. But I do agree with you, I think the figure at the end is not related to what happened in the physical plane, but rather either a psychic manifestation or a metaphor (likely).