Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

How does 1 exactly let this trauma go he's disgusting ugh!! SHAME *ding* SHAME *ding* SHAME

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    How does 1 exactly let this trauma go he's disgusting ugh!! SHAME *ding* SHAME *ding* SHAME

That was the most touching part of the issue. "it isn't fair! it just isn't fair." That's what i thought when the hit job on wanda started.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    My three favorite parts was

1) seeing the kids and all of Krakoa celebrating Wanda's death that was something I am really glad to see. It really highlights how much destruction Wanda has caused mutants and no amount of a few A list mutants grieving should over ride that
    Those kids were cheering in ignorance. None of them were alive OR mutants when Wanda wished mutants away. ( All the young new generation mutants were created by the phoenix.) They were doing it because Exodus is a prick who likes telling scary stories about people he doesn't know, which is in keeping with him being a medieval misogynist.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Reading that intense fight scene I have to wonder if this is the end of X-Men Ally Magneto. There was a lot of no holding back during all that, and not all just Magneto. I realize there has to be some level of emotional involvement and duress taken into account but it was pretty brutal.

Though I laughed a little when in one panel Daken's stabbed Magneto straight out through the shoulders and in the next panel Magneto's floating around without an obvious scratch or battle damage to himself or his clothing.
    The art does seem to remove any injuries. Wanda herself had torn gloves, nails torn and bloody, but that's not shown on the page.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I am leaning toward the theory that it was the New X-Men children who did this. Tag caused her to run. Wallflower canceled her powers out. Mercury bound her. Anole choked her.
    During the investigation panels, they say it looked like it was done by someone close to Wanda, who cared for her. Paternal even.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Those kids were cheering in ignorance. None of them were alive OR mutants when Wanda wished mutants away. ( All the young new generation mutants were created by the phoenix.) They were doing it because Exodus is a prick who likes telling scary stories about people he doesn't know, which is in keeping with him being a medieval misogynist.
    This! Alll this! I get the exodus thing so i'm not holding it against him. To someone so pro mutant like him it made sense he would warn children such a thing could happen, that your gift could be taken, your very essence changed. It wasn't right and someone should have stepped in on those sessions but i get it. I think this will be addressed with the sacred land choosing to save wanda though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This was a bad start, and honestly I couldn't even really finish it. The Lorna stuff was just so bad.

Leah's portrayal of Polaris was really off, and felt like it literally came out of nowhere. She doesn't even know Wanda, and yet Williams had Lorna flying off the rails for a woman she hardly knows. You would think if anyone would attempt to actually talk to Magneto it would be Lorna, but no, she has a breakdown because Magneto has retroactively been treating her badly. While their relationship has been rocky, its been pretty solid these past couple of years, and especially during Krakoa. So this felt so random, and quite honestly, stupid.

You could tell Williams thought she was doing something empowering here with Lorna, but it was a huge miss for me. Hopefully this mini will be the last time she writes Lorna.
    When it comes to Magneto not getting what he wants he usually will back slide into treating people like trash. X of Swords was very clear on how he will talk to Lorna when he gets frustrated. The QC denying his request and then him getting ganged up on. I can see Magneto and Polaris relationship was on a rocky ground. When it comes to Wanda Magneto will do all he can for her even throwing Polaris to the side as well as Pietro.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The art does seem to remove any injuries. Wanda herself had torn gloves, nails torn and bloody, but that's not shown on the page.
    That stood out to me. Wanda fought so hard that her own nails bent back. Also it wasn't a case of just her hands being tied it was made clear she could not breathe so if she could't breathe she couldn't speak and her hands were tied. There was nothing she could do. It really hurt my heart.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

It randomly bugs me that when they show how Wanda died she has wedge heels but the Wanda in white at the end had high heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Why wouldn't they have been alive? It's only been 2-3 years since the Decimation happened in universe. Are they clones?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterCoyote View Post
    It randomly bugs me that when they show how Wanda died she has wedge heels but the Wanda in white at the end had high heels.

Why wouldn't they have been alive? It's only been 2-3 years since the Decimation happened in universe. Are they clones?
    I think the last panels are symbollic. And not literal. Since she died from being strangled and not stabbed. But also this Wanda is in her classic costume, which Wanda hasn't worn for 6 or 7 years at the least. So it could all just be inconsistent.

Spectacular Member

issue was pretty good and a strong start

one thing i thought was kind of a copout was jean not being able to read him. like c'mon, i get wanting to stretch out a murder mystery, but it's too convenient lol, this entire era re-establishes that jean is omega and since when has somebody mourning/unconscious been able to stop a telepath, especially a non-telepath like magneto lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That was the most touching part of the issue. "it isn't fair! it just isn't fair." That's what i thought when the hit job on wanda started.
    It's funny to compare this scene to the very same situation happening to him in 1999 though. Where he was shown as primarily annoyed over having so much skin flapping about, rather than becomming suicidal.

All because back then there wasn't the editorial mandate to reinforce how "grim dark" the world has become when all mutants lost their powers (for MONTHS), which also includes no mention of mass deaths via sudden depowering and all that.

The fact alone that all mutants on the world got depowered twice in just 1 or 2 years is also never mentioned, again because the first time it was just a small story, the second time the editor in chief had mandated it as big dramatic all life ruining status quo.

Similar the 1999 story actualy showed Blob had come to enjoy being a thin guy, once his excess skin had slimmed down (or he had hired someone to remove it surgically), only to end up humilated when his bulk suddently returned destroying the suit he was wearing.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-18-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    During the investigation panels, they say it looked like it was done by someone close to Wanda, who cared for her. Paternal even.
    That seems like red herring, we already know from that scene that the killer probably did not even have much if any contact with the body since 'supernatural magnetization' was the weapon (although I am pretty sure it was a metal object wrapped around her throat, but whatever) and most of this section came off as every cliche from every crime scene TV show anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    The problem with Magneto is that he went straight to attacking the X-MEN that confronted him instead of saying "I did not kill her". His lack of denial doesn't help him at the slghtest.
    When the whole armed forces of Krakoa show up with those looks on their faces, claws popped and power signatures lit up, you know it is go time. And it's not like anyone said "wait up, we just want to talk".

If they read Magneto's mind won't the Moira situation be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's funny to compare this scene to the very same situation happening to him in 1999 though. Where he was shown as primarily annoyed over having so much skin flapping about, rather than becomming suicidal.

All because back then there wasn't the editorial mandate to reinforce how "grim dark" the world has become when all mutants lost their powers (for MONTHS), which also includes no mention of mass deaths via sudden depowering and all that.

The fact alone that all mutants on the world got depowered twice in just 1 or 2 years is also never mentioned, again because the first time it was just a small story, the second time the editor in chief had mandated it as big dramatic all life ruining status quo.

Similar the 1999 story actualy showed Blob had come to enjoy being a thin guy, once his excess skin had slimmed down (or he had hired someone to remove it surgically), only to end up humilated when his bulk suddently returned destroying the suit he was wearing.
    Leah has consistently written Blob as a forgiving dude. Lowkey i enjoyed the Betsy/Blob flirting she had going on during the age of x-man story.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.