Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    When plot calls for it, these overpowered powers are conveniently blocked.
    Yes, well, considering there's about four different mutants right now with the power to control reality itself, I think the same could be said of... most plots.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The fact that Lornas mental instability gets brought up is a definite red flag or red herring. But she could have been psychically coerced or possessed to kill Wanda. Definite suspect.
    Ironically I don't think I've seen anyone accuse Lorna at all so this is actually a good suspect, I'm already sus she's was so damn emotional could be a cover up....

This was such a good issue. I was laughing and smiling the whole way through. Leah really gets it.

I am so happy Storm is not a sell out. Why the he'll would anyone resurrect Wanda over any of the other dead mutants. That's just pure nonsense. She hurt mutants and the mutants she hurt aren't even back yet.

So I was smiling when Emma and Storm were like "Eh definite no"

Pietros my sister is mentally ill thing she deserves sympathy. Yeah piss off I saw Avengers Crusade she was sane when she was tampering with dark magic.

Krakoa Wanda is dead party was great I wish we saw more.

Jean acknowledging Emma was the icing on the cake.

Great use of the X-factor team and my money is Lorna did it or Anya is back and did it.
    So Wanda willing to go any length to bring back her kids even using dark magic, which every sorcerer in Marvel has done, is grounds for pissing on her grave? Also there are mutants on that island that have tampered with dark magic. Also some mutants by accident have killed innocent people when their powers either manifested or went out of control.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    So Wanda willing to go any length to bring back her kids even using dark magic, which every sorcerer in Marvel has done, is grounds for pissing on her grave? Also there are mutants on that island that have tampered with dark magic. Also some mutants by accident have killed innocent people when their powers either manifested or went out of control.
    Yes Wanda f'd up on an omniversal level to the point that all off Krakoa would need to take a dump on her grave to even balance the scales a little

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ironically I don't think I've seen anyone accuse Lorna at all so this is actually a good suspect, I'm already sus she's was so damn emotional could be a cover up....
    I considered the possibility before. It is why I used the words swerve in the previous page.

But, the last version of Lorna that would do it if she thought Wanda was a threat to the mutant race also wouldn't shy away from responsibility for doing so unless they went the mind controlled route in which case its someone else driving the car.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-18-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I don't get why some on here thought Wanda had more agency here than before. Nothing that happened seem to be part of her will.

What the fuck, Jean?! Mutants dying is so little of consequence, yet you immediately jump to needing to execute Pietro if he kills Magneto?

I'm writing Storm off going forward with this relaunch. That felt immensely out of character for someone who is supposed to be one of the more empathetic characters.

I just don't understand how this isn't a kind of idiot plot instead of a mystery. We have multiple characters who can see into the past and read minds, and Elixer over there is capable of raising the dead even without the other Five. This entire thing relies on everyone forgetting about their powers or suddenly not using them properly.

Here's my theory of how this shakes out: Krakoa is absorbing Wanda for some reason. Based on that interview Leah did, she wanted to create some kind of new pantheon of Krakoa, so I'm guessing she's going to become some kind of protector god of the island. Which sounds nice until you think about her being murdered and shamed into doing it, even after actively helping reverse the depowering in the first place.

Oh, and SWORD is still blocking communication with Billy, so there's that.
    Personally i felt she had agency because she was aware of her death. She told us how she grieved for every mutant life lost and how now she is grieving for herself. For me reading the issue it felt like a person connecting the gravity of their own death to the lives of those they have taken, i don't feel a bad person would be in the place wanda was given she was speaking as someone who knew she was dead. It was done imo in a way that felt very sympathetic to her and shows she will have aleast some awareness and agency in this story which i wasn't expecting at least until the end if at all. This very much feels like a wanda story and not a magneto story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yes Wanda f'd up on an omniversal level to the point that all off Krakoa would need to take a dump on her grave to even balance the scales a little
    Or Krakoa the island itself brings her back and she repowers all the mutants that are left.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

She had some lines, probably more than she had in AD/HoM, but not many more. We'll see how this plays out from now until December. She says she's not dead. Whether she's alive, or there were two Wandas, or she goes into astral form... we'll see I guess.

Some people are thinking she becomes a god, but she was kind of a demi-god already with the channeling Chthon's powers thing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I considered the possibility before. It is why I used the words swerve in the previous page.

But, the last version of Lorna that would do it if she thought Wanda was a threat to the mutant race also wouldn't shy away from responsibility for doing so unless they went the mind controlled route in which case its someone else driving the car.
    It would have to be cause while I can't think of a reason for Lorna to be mourning as hard as she was I also can't think of a motive to kill so she would definitely just be a puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    How does 1 exactly let this trauma go he's disgusting ugh!! SHAME *ding* SHAME *ding* SHAME
    Maybe becoming a weight-loss guru and movie star in Japan helped.

Blob knows how to bounce back, no pun intended.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Or Krakoa the island itself brings her back and she repowers all the mutants that are left.
    Imagine if Wanda and Krakoa became connected somehow and Wanda revives all the mutants, including the precogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Maybe becoming a weight-loss guru and movie star in Japan helped.

Blob knows how to bounce back, no pun intended.
    If he was winning like this why would he wanna be some fat canon fodder for mutants again!! I swear comics make no sense how could he throw that glo up away!?!?

The Red Dragon

This was really long winded and had many ooc moments especially Polaris and Magneto. Everything just feels really forced for the drama. People jumping to conclusions, Magneto not explaining himself etc

It just made me not care who killed her because all these interactions felt so forced. And we know she’ll be back anyways so that makes it even more dull.

You know for every mutant who was pained by the loss of their powers I am all but positive their was a mutant who was thankful to balance it out & we don't consider that, I feel at this stage in the game it would be just as equally problematic if EVERY mutant suddenly got their powers I'm back I'm sure some are very happy as they are now.

There's also the option of being a group of the New X-Men kids. I know Leah uses them a lot

Pixie neutralized her magic with the soul dagger
    Mercury and Julian binds her
    Prodigy kicks her in the windpipe
    Surge yells at her
    Wallflower groans from beyond the grave
    Sofia shaves her own hair