Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default How would you feel if Hickman next take Spider-man after Beyond for 60th Ann?

Imagine this, once the Beyond story is done next year and Peter is back as Spidey in time of issue 900 next year, and with Johnathan Hickman making it clear he's leaving X-MEN to do another Marvel work. He does Spidey next. Remember how he wrote him in his Fantastic Four and having Peter join the Future Foundation and continuing using him even after Johnny Storm came back. He likes the character alot it seems, it seems like it be nice for him to use his magic on it.

Extraordinary Member

He seems he will do event books, not anything Spider-type but I do want him on ASM even if for one arc

How would I feel if one of the best comic book writers on the planet takes over Spider-Man?

Pretty good, to be honest.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

i guess i would be ok but then i will wonder how long is he staying
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

That would be great. Love it or hate it, it would be fresh, ambitious and add to the mythos. Feel like the franchise has been spinning it`s wheels for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He seems he will do event books, not anything Spider-type but I do want him on ASM even if for one arc
    Not only big event, forward-thinking, high concept stories but specifically team stories.

I don't think his sensibilities and tastes fit writing Spider-Man at all. People just expect it to happen because he's a big name writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    That would be great. Love it or hate it, it would be fresh, ambitious and add to the mythos. Feel like the franchise has been spinning it`s wheels for years.
    It's like anything they ever try to do that's daring and different just involves sidelining Peter Parker- Superior, and Beyond are both flashy new directions that go that route.

Mighty Member

Hickman is really a high concept guy And what Spider-man needs is to get back to basics.
    He understands And possibly loves the character, he was one of the writers involved in that round circle book a few years ago. But I think outside of fun ideas And on a team, putting Hickman on ASM is a bad idea.

What the title needs is Donny Cates, someone who cares about the small ideas of the character.

Hickman is a bad fit for any solo title, look at the solo books he has done for Marvel.
    Both are set in the ultimate universe And both are largely concept based.

I don't think he has any interest in doing monthly Marvel books, he has done the ones he wanted to do

If anything, he'll be doing events.
    Marvel will probably want to keep him on as an editor or EiC one day. When Marvel throw themselves into a corner And need someone to get them out, i'm sure they'll call up Hickman And give him a truck full of cash.

But otherwise, most we'll see is a spot in #1000

I really like Jonathan Hickman as a writer, and I think he could work in The Amazing Spider-Man. But, right now, I want something less "epic" and more fun with short stories. I think Kelly Thompson could do a great job. I read the first year of her Hawkeye with Leo Romero and I had a lot of fun, and I have read great things about her Captain Marvel and Black Widow
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I liked Hickman's writing of Peter in his FF, but out of all the Round Robin writers his entry felt the least Spidey-ish.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not only big event, forward-thinking, high concept stories but specifically team stories.

I don't think his sensibilities and tastes fit writing Spider-Man at all. People just expect it to happen because he's a big name writer.
    He does write a great Spider-man, but I doubt he will do a solo too.
    Honestly I just hope Spider-man(Peter obv.) is a main and big part of what he does.
    I don't think he will ever do ASM.He is too high concept for it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked Hickman's writing of Peter in his FF, but out of all the Round Robin writers his entry felt the least Spidey-ish.
    It felt good imo, it was like Peter but mature.You know, the way he should be and would be if not for OMD

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It's like anything they ever try to do that's daring and different just involves sidelining Peter Parker- Superior, and Beyond are both flashy new directions that go that route.
    Flashy but stupid.A replacing arc isn't innovative or new.
    We want stuff with Peter, not replacements that don't hold up.At least superior was a wildly different take on Spider-man(it had many problems but still), beyond seems way too similar to Spider-man .

Amazing Member

Please, no.

Spectacular Member

That would be the worst thing possible. But it would sell like hotcakes - dry, badtasting hotcakes that do not fill you up in any way and ruin hotcakes for years to come, but hotcakes nevertheless.