View Poll Results: Do you miss Alfred?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • I won't be satisfied until he's back!

46 28.93%
  • I'd like to see him back, but I'm willing to wait a bit.

57 35.85%
  • I was hesitant, but I've come around to the idea of his death and accept its importance.

30 18.87%
  • I don't really miss him all that much to be honest.

26 16.35%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I miss Alfred
    Without him thier is truly no Wayne family home
    Which hurts not only Bruce, but Damian as well

Also it’s hard for for Bruce to claim Cass and Duke when they don’t live with him
    He is not being a father to them. It’s a difficult time if your in the outer ring of planets of the batfamily

NOTE: This thread / poll was started in August 2021.
    --------------------

With 117 people having voted,
    * I'd like to see him back, but I'm willing to wait a bit = 46 votes (+5)
    * I won't be satisfied until he's back! = 31 votes (+5)
    * I was hesitant, but I've come around to the idea of his death and accept its importance= 22 votes (+3)
    * I don't really miss him all that much to be honest = 18 votes (+2)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    King wanted it to be Scarecrow gas illusion, but when he showed it to Didio, he wants him killed for real. He said in the published art you can see hint of Scarecrow gas in the background. It was an interview with a comic book Youtuber

So in a way , it's a bit disappointing that King for better or worse never got to write his planned 100-105 issues of Batman due to interference by DiDio/Harras . Even though it took over a year to do Bat/Cat it's still not the same.
    So Alfred should eventually be brought back, I guess not this year. But I'm thinking after Dark Crisis the Multiverse will be different and some characters might be back .

Yes, He has become a key part of the Batman mythos and I think it is better for him to be there than not. I don't like that Bruce had another Parental figure die. Bruce's parents dying was enough.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Yes, He has become a key part of the Batman mythos and I think it is better for him to be there than not. I don't like that Bruce had another Parental figure die. Bruce's parents dying was enough.
    Of course, Alfred didn't start off as a "parental figure" back in the day...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Of course, Alfred didn't start off as a "parental figure" back in the day...
    He was before he died and he has been for a long time.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd say I'm about ready for them to bring Alfred back now. Maybe in a year or so.

I'm really starting to miss his presence.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Alfred was an enabler and a really bad man who didn't really care for the family aside from Master Bruce

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The recent Bruce stories have worked well without Alfred but I think the younger characters like Damien, Tim and the Batgirls would benefit from his presence.
    "Cable was right!"

not really probably cause I think he will return some day in the future even though I wouldnt want it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The recent Bruce stories have worked well without Alfred but I think the younger characters like Damien, Tim and the Batgirls would benefit from his presence.
    Give Leslie more to do. She has been underutilized after the Stephanie fake death fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I miss him and think they shouldn't have killed him. But now they better let this man rest in peace.
    Haw, Haw, Haw. Are you one that believed in the Death of Superman too?
    I will be surprised If they wait until the next obligatory crisis even to unbury Alfred. No rest for the domestic, I say!

Oh, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED during City of the Bat. Only the producers showed their inability to do a real story. To make that less obvious, THEY, NOT BANE vanquished the obnoxious Butler!
    Last edited by The Nice Centurion; 07-14-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nice Centurion View Post
    Haw, Haw, Haw. Are you one that believed in the Death of Superman too?
    I will be surprised If they wait until the next obligatory crisis even to unbury Alfred. No rest for the domestic, I say!
    But considering how long he's been dead at this point, I'm not so confident they'll bring Alfred as quickly as you seem to be saying. How many writers for Batman and Detective Comics have we gone through since Alfred's death?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But considering how long he's been dead at this point, I'm not so confident they'll bring Alfred as quickly as you seem to be saying. How many writers for Batman and Detective Comics have we gone through since Alfred's death?
    True that Alfred could have been brought back by now. I think that Alfred will not be back for sure this year , especially with Dark Crisis running the rest of the year.
    I do think that there's a good chance that Alfred may come back in 2023 .
    Also we obviously don't know how much of an impact Dark Crisis will have . Will it reset everything ? Or maybe just some things ? Or maybe have no effect at all ?
    For now it looks like editorial at the Bat office, is using this period to have Bruce more on his own. ( Well he does have Oracle helping out ).

Incredible Member

Keep Alfred dead for as long as possible. It's forcing Bruce to interact with other characters more.