Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    His beef is two-fold: 1. When he cloned Spider-man, he discovered he was Peter. At the time Spider-man was implicated in her death. 2. Gwen loved Peter. Full stop. Even the subsequent clones of her did. For a guy who was/is obsessed with Gwen as Warren was, her death and rejection of him more than drove him over the edge (later stories revealed he was unhinged already).
    Thanks for the clarification, so he only knew he was Pete after he cloned him; how did he get Pete's DNA?

Mighty Member

The Jackal, if he's going to be used again, really needs a slightly new direction. He's a master cloner and genetic manipulator, so why isn't he working for AIM or Hydra? He can create super soldiers for them with enhanced skills! Lend him out to the rest of the marvel universe to do weird stuff. Or let him create weird animal human hybrids for the Serpent Society? Just end the Gwen thing - he can clone it out of himself (I know that sounds dumb, but it wouldn't even crack the top 5 of dumb cloning stories)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Jackal is a terribly designed villain who literally doesn’t make any sense and lacks all credibility.

He was designed as a one shot villain and totally forgotten for 20years. That’s how it should have been.
    This. Absolutely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The Jackal, if he's going to be used again, really needs a slightly new direction. He's a master cloner and genetic manipulator, so why isn't he working for AIM or Hydra? He can create super soldiers for them with enhanced skills! Lend him out to the rest of the marvel universe to do weird stuff. Or let him create weird animal human hybrids for the Serpent Society? Just end the Gwen thing - he can clone it out of himself (I know that sounds dumb, but it wouldn't even crack the top 5 of dumb cloning stories)
    Given how Mr. Sinister is immortal I wouldn't mind tying Warren to Sinister somehow, and that way we can make Mr. Sinister the guy secretly responsible for all the clone stuff in Spider-Man's life. It would at the very least tie Spider-Man with a larger story and contribute something. Mr. Sinister is after all a compelling villain and (his Post-Kieron Gillen is quite the comedic a--hole and make a great foil with Peter).

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    This. Absolutely.
    Thanks.

Mighty Member

Given how Mr. Sinister is immortal I wouldn't mind tying Warren to Sinister somehow, and that way we can make Mr. Sinister the guy secretly responsible for all the clone stuff in Spider-Man's life. It would at the very least tie Spider-Man with a larger story and contribute something. Mr. Sinister is after all a compelling villain and (his Post-Kieron Gillen is quite the comedic a--hole and make a great foil with Peter).
    I wouldn't hate this, either. I enjoy when villains graduate out of being a one-hero/team nemesis to being broader threats - Dark Reign, anything with Kingpin, Doom, Juggernaut, etc. - you just get different kinds of stories when different heroes are involved.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Thanks.
    Sinister as a Spidey villain would be super interesting; have they ever interacted at all?

I would love simply for more Spidey & Wolvie shenanigans I love it when they're together

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Sinister as a Spidey villain would be super interesting; have they ever interacted at all?

I would love simply for more Spidey & Wolvie shenanigans I love it when they're together
    I think he was in one issue of the Spidey/X-Men mini...I think the one that used Ben?

Astonishing Member

Hasn't it been established that there is a link between the two of them? From my memory, Sinister shared the cloning techniques he acquired from Apocalypse with Wyndham/The High Evolutionary. Eventually Miles went to Wundagore and studied under him. Where he would subsequently perfect human cloning (something that the High Evolutionary never achieved himself).

It was stated that was where he got the idea to lace his own DNA with that of a Jackals.

I can't remember which comics revealed it, but I remember it. (Edit: it was Scarlet Spider Unlimited 1)
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 09-13-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Hasn't it been established that there is a link between the two of them? From my memory, Sinister shared the cloning techniques he acquired from Apocalypse with Wyndham/The High Evolutionary. Eventually Miles went to Wundagore and studied under him. Where he would subsequently perfect human cloning (something that the High Evolutionary never achieved himself).

It was stated that was where he got the idea to lace his own DNA with that of a Jackals.

I can't remember which comics revealed it, but I remember it. (Edit: it was Scarlet Spider Unlimited 1)
    Wasn't that High Evolutionary stuff retconned?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Wasn't that High Evolutionary stuff retconned?
    Well, the story itself was rather vague when they addressed it. Because, as it was believed, Miles created a Man-Jackal while he was studying at Wundagore. It was this creature that supposedly killed Miles wife and daughter. But the story was never concrete and actually raised two possibilities 1. The Jackal in the second Clone Saga was the Man-Jackal assuming the identity of the original Miles and 2. That the Man-Jackal was never a separate entity and was, in fact, the other side of Warren ala Jekyll and Mr Hyde (therefore Miles himself killed his own wife and daughter).

In any case, neither possibility was expanded upon and was mostly just forgotten. But, to my knowledge, it still remains canon (not saying it hasn't been undone elsewhere though).

However, there was a story not long ago where The Jackal had come into possession of cloning equipment that he had stolen from Mr Sinister. So he obviously knows enough about Sinister and his secrets to be able to locate and rip off his technology. At any rate, there are links between the two.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 09-14-2021 at 12:40 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Wasn't this basically the idea with High Evolutionary, though? Tie the cloning stuff into another, larger threat who has a similar schtick? I'm fine with a few characters developing cloning independently as I feel it's a bit lazy to just group them together.

Besides, Mr. Sinister (who I love, too) as big a mess of a character as the Jackal.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I hate how Mister Sinister went from vampire-looking a-hole who bullies Cyclops and his friends for kicks to the CEO of Clones R' Us.

Thanks, Gillen.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Wasn't this basically the idea with High Evolutionary, though? Tie the cloning stuff into another, larger threat who has a similar schtick? I'm fine with a few characters developing cloning independently as I feel it's a bit lazy to just group them together.

Besides, Mr. Sinister (who I love, too) as big a mess of a character as the Jackal.
    The X-Men continuity and Mr. Sinister makes more sense as a mess than as anything with clarity. They are the Uncanny X-Men who have no sense of stability and normal lives meant for audiences to relate to.

With Spider-Man there should be, and having the weird stuff in his life tied to Marvel's chief Clone-Manufacturer makes more sense.

The High Evolutionary used to be a big deal but he got whaled on by Kraven recently so it doesn't matter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I hate how Mister Sinister went from vampire-looking a-hole who bullies Cyclops and his friends for kicks to the CEO of Clones R' Us.

Thanks, Gillen.
    Agreed 100%.

Incredible Member

Miles Warren 1.jpg
    Jackal 2.jpg

My favorite interpretation of Miles Warren will always be "The Spectacular Spider-Man" show. He's only in the final season for a few episodes but Greg Weisman did an amazing job establishing how diabolical he was (his involvement in the creation of Kraven the Hunter's beast form and Mark Allen's Molten Man form). There was no sign of his infatuation with Gwen Stacy, as he was more interested in the genetics of Curt Conner's Lizard formula, which I preferred.

The main problem I've always had with the Jackal is that he never had an interesting attire; he always came of as a Green Goblin knock-off. The only design I ever liked was the one from Dan Slott's run... AND IT WASN'T EVEN WARREN BEHIND THE MASK.
    Last edited by Multiverse; 09-14-2021 at 07:05 AM.