Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Eternals is getting very mixed reviews.

They way its going, it just might up beingv one of their worst reviewed movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Wow. That surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Inb4 they remove Chloe and get a more "fresh" director for the sequel.

Ultimate Member

It started off at 83% on RT, dropped to 71% but bounced back slightly to 73%.

This might up around the 60% and 70% range which is really shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This poster looks absolutely dreadful. The composition is pedestrian, little better than a class photo or those dull 17th century Dutch paintings of guild members. "How else can you paint so many people in one picture" they said, and then Rembrandt showed that to be a lie with his brilliant 'Night Watch' painting. Recent comicbook artists have done much better than this. The heads even look pasted on, and frankly, often oversized to their bodies. On top of this each hero is lit by a different light source adding to the unreal, unconvincing appearance. The only credit I'll give, is that the light direction seem to be mostly true for the actors faces to the way their individual costumes are lit.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow. That surprises me.
    Feige needs to pivot back to no auteur directors in the mcu lol
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    This poster looks absolutely dreadful. The composition is pedestrian, little better than a class photo or those dull 17th century Dutch paintings of guild members. "How else can you paint so many people in one picture" they said, and then Rembrandt showed that to be a lie with his brilliant 'Night Watch' painting. Recent comicbook artists have done much better than this. The heads even look pasted on, and frankly, often oversized to their bodies. On top of this each hero is lit by a different light source adding to the unreal, unconvincing appearance. The only credit I'll give, is that the light direction seem to be mostly true for the actors faces to the way their individual costumes are lit.
    Yeah, that’s some weirdly bad photoshop… I understand it could be hard to get everyone together for a photo shoot, but couldn’t they have at least shot everyone separately, but with the same lighting?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah, that’s some weirdly bad photoshop… I understand it could be hard to get everyone together for a photo shoot, but couldn’t they have at least shot everyone separately, but with the same lighting?
    There are too many Eternals movie posters that are better than that especially the IMAX one
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Yeah the reviews coming in aren't particularly great. Some of the non spoiler complaints that seem worrying is focusing on the wrong characters. A few saying its not exactly boring...
    This was always MCU biggest gamble and deep cut franchise so far. So we will see what happens.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Yeah the reviews coming in aren't particularly great. Some of the non spoiler complaints that seem worrying is focusing on the wrong characters. A few saying its not exactly boring...
    This was always MCU biggest gamble and deep cut franchise so far. So we will see what happens.
    I think it's a big ask to manage 10 characters in the very first movie. Remains to be seen how it turns out when I finally get to see it, but that was always my worry going in.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I think it's a big ask to manage 10 characters in the very first movie. Remains to be seen how it turns out when I finally get to see it, but that was always my worry going in.
    I'm expecting a few to get culled by the end of the movie. I think the only time we might see them actively active as a team is in the intro.

BANNED

I give Disney credit for trying with a franchise even most comic fans are barely aware of, and could generally care less about. Easy would have been expanding the Avengers franchise, or waiting a sec and casting a Disney version of the X-Men. Instead, we get a bunch of characters that are more or less a blank slate to both the comic reading (which, let's be honest, is almost an afterthought) and moviegoing audience. My usual complaint on Disney hero movies is that they all follow the GotG formula with action/humor/action/humor/drama/humor/etc./rinse/repeat. What little I've seen seems to be taking these characters seriously. Not sure that's the best way to go about things.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I give Disney credit for trying with a franchise even most comic fans are barely aware of, and could generally care less about. Easy would have been expanding the Avengers franchise, or waiting a sec and casting a Disney version of the X-Men. Instead, we get a bunch of characters that are more or less a blank slate to both the comic reading (which, let's be honest, is almost an afterthought) and moviegoing audience. My usual complaint on Disney hero movies is that they all follow the GotG formula with action/humor/action/humor/drama/humor/etc./rinse/repeat. What little I've seen seems to be taking these characters seriously. Not sure that's the best way to go about things.
    I'd hate to think Marvel trying to take a more serious approach with a property would now be seen as the wrong move in light of the critical reception, but it seems like part of it is there's a disconnect within the film between being more serious and thought-provoking and the typical blockbuster with quips Marvel movie.