Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Eternals Final Trailer

BANNED

It's much better than the first trailer. Cinematography is still hit or miss, although less miss in the second trailer, since we saw less of the blur dull blue sky back ground. let me just get that out of the way as I know this was a big issue in the first trailer.

I wonder what the reaction would be from fans about starting the first sentence of the trailer with Thanos. This is one battle Feige cannot win anymore. the first trailer was criticised because people asked where were the Eternals during Thanos snapping up people, now this trailer will get criticised because some will say the movie wants to get people falsely hyped up and get butts in cinema chairs by talking a lot about Thanos.

The overall reaching story still looks generic. I am bit taken back that Marvel is still using sentences like save the planet.

Lastly the joke in the final scene was another unnecessary moment, making jokes about Vibranium. These kind of jokes still has the same problem as the Leading Avengers joke of the first trailer because it is making MCU too laughably dependent on their cross over connection. Marvel needs to trust fans can like the Eternals on their own terms without having to remind us, they know other marvel characters like Avengers and Wakandaians.

Angelina Jolie to me is really stealing the show. You just cannot take your eyes of this woman whenever she is on screen. I loved her Hello line.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-19-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

That’s.more.like.it.

Seeing the eye beams, the Celestials and more of the Kirby influence.

This is what I wanted from an Eternals movie.

Meh like the other MCU movies this year it just looks okay.....

I loved Nomadland and I'm currently watching WandaVision and I have regained some of my interest in the MCU, as I've been enjoying it a lot. I don't want to hype myself, but I really hope that this movie ends up being great
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

o essentially the energy from the Snap and the re-snap instigated the whole big thing the Eternals are supposed to deal with and the final Eternals vs Deviants war and them needing to get the band back together.

Look at Dane being our audience surrogate.

How many people are going to be comparing Ikaris to Superman, I wonder? It really seems like he has Heat Vision.

Sersi's transmuation looks awesome .

First look at the lead Deviant and he looks suitably creepy .

Afraid Phastos doesn't make everything out of Vibranium, Ikaris.

Sprite looks so done with this .

Okay, I'm onboard with this. I'll concede that I'd like to know more about the characters, but it sets up who theses guys are, what their deal is, and why we should care.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I wonder what the reaction would be from fans about starting the first sentence of the trailer with Thanos. This is one battle Feige cannot win anymore. the first trailer was criticised because people asked where were the Eternals during Thanos snapping up people, now this trailer will get criticised because some will say the movie wants to get people falsely hyped up and get butts in cinema chairs by talking a lot about Thanos.
    Or maybe it's just setting itself up by providing a little context on how the movie fits into the rest of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Lastly the joke in the final scene was another unnecessary moment, making jokes about Vibranium. These kind of jokes still has the same problem as the Leading Avengers joke of the first trailer because it is making MCU too laughably dependent on their cross over connection. Marvel needs to trust fans can like the Eternals on their own terms without having to remind us, they know other marvel characters like Avengers and Wakandaians.
    Or, it's just borrowing a piece of worldbuilding that's floating around, just like how how mega franchises and cinematic universes, from Star Trek, to the DECU (mainstream and Snyderverse configurations) work (not to mention how comics work in general). I get the impression that you're unhappy that it's part of a cinematic universe rather than being completely stand alone, but maybe we should judge it for what it is, not what we want it to be?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So apparently all these memes floating around after the first trailer really got to Marvel and they felt the need to give an on the nose explanation as to why the Eternals never interfered before.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Yeesh. To me it looks like they took everything about the comics Eternals characters and decided to do the opposite. Then add Deviants. Already planning on sitting this one out, like I did with all the Inhumans stuff.

Either I don't get Kirby or Marvel doesn't, and I think its the latter.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 08-19-2021 at 11:09 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Eyebeams. Spaceships. Space gods. Light bondage... What more could I ask for?! ^_^

The Celestial. OMG!

I'm a bit sad the Eternals aren't a million years old.

After a recent article, I was afraid Sersi would be an empath. Was that her saving her man, Dane, by transmuting the bus to rose petals? How sweet.

Please don't let the Deviants all be generic tentacle monsters. At least Kro looked vaguely human, and they're keeping his (ahem) entanglement with Thena.

The fight sequences look epic.

Looking forward to this movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The cinematography looks excellent and I love how the Eternals powers are depicted in this. I'm excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    So apparently all these memes floating around after the first trailer really got to Marvel and they felt the need to give an on the nose explanation as to why the Eternals never interfered before.
    You make it sound like Marvel rang up Salma Hayek, Richard Madden and the rest of the cast and crew and got them to act out these scenes and re edited the whole film to fit this stuff in. ;P

Obviously they written this stuff into the movie months if not, a couple of years ago. The first teaser was meant to introduce people to these characters and the trailer is meant to give them more information about the characters and where they fit in with the grand narrative of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The Celestial. OMG!
    They look epic .
    After a recent article, I was afraid Sersi would be an empath. Was that her saving her man, Dane, by transmuting the bus to rose petals? How sweet.
    Transmuting a vehicle into rose petals is the most Sersi thing ever.
    Please don't let the Deviants all be generic tentacle monsters. At least Kro looked vaguely human, and they're keeping his (ahem) entanglement with Thena.
    People have compared Thena to Wonder Woman, so no surprise she gets the bondage scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yeesh. To me it looks like they took everything about the comics Eternals characters and decided to do the opposite. Then add Deviants. Already planning on sitting this one out, like I did with all the Inhumans stuff.

Either I don't get Kirby or Marvel doesn't, and I think its the latter.
    I fail to see what they're doing wrong here.
    Everything looks fine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I fail to see what they're doing wrong here.
    Everything looks fine so far.
    I kind of get where they're coming from.

The modern setting shots look more like the Gaiman take.

I think some of us long-time Eternal fans wanted to see more of the Kirby version BUT the flash-backs look Kirby-esque to me.

One of the supposed test screeners said the opening 15 minutes of the movie is a giant love letter to Kirby.

We shall see if that is true or not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I dunno, still not feeling it. Gunn's "the Suicide Squad" was a huge game changer (for me), and this still feels very "Marvel formulaic." Even Marvel's more inventive TV series (WandaVision and Loki) still devolved into very basic "Marvel" action in the last half of the stories. And giant cgi Celestials aren't enough of a draw to me. (We've already had Transformers, big budget Godzilla movies and whatnot.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"