Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    When did I say it was? I was only referring to MCU shills.
    Don't really see how Rotten Tomatoes was ever useful for "bashing" DC; most of their recent stuff has been rated "fresh," after all.

So far as Eternals getting an initial mixed reception, that's disappointing, but I'm not sure what the big deal is. Studios sometimes make subpar movies (even Pixar has had a few weak stretches). It is what it is. If Eternals is indeed bad, then this experiment didn't work. It's not like Marvel Studios has anything to prove as to why they're the king of the superhero movie or anything.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Too bad, reviewsxand word of mouth are very important to the movies that people aren't familiar with. It surely helped Shang Chi, while Black Widow didn't need it as much because people knew her. Unless the word of mouth changes after release, I fear this might be the first MCU bomb.
    I'll still judge it for myself.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I think it will depends more on how the movie does financially.

While some people have problems with the direction most of the problems in this movie is that it is setting up 10 characters and a whole new complicated lore.
    Yep.

What I'm getting from the reviews is that this is both a Chloe Zhao film and a Marvel film. Those who wanted more of Chloe's style of film making didn't like the parts of the movie that felt like a Marvel movie and those who expected more of a Marvel movie were disappointed with the Chloe Zhao parts .

Film was at 59% for a minute.

Ultimate Member

This movie is definitely going to end up rotten on RT.

I guess that torpedoes the "MCU or Disney is controliing/paying/managing critics" argument.

That aside, I'm legit surprised the movie is getting reviews this poor. I guess the Zhao/MCU combination just wasn't a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I guess that torpedoes the "MCU or Disney is controliing/paying/managing critics" argument.

That aside, I'm legit surprised the movie is getting reviews this poor. I guess the Zhao/MCU combination just wasn't a good one.
    Maybe Zhoa wasn't the right person, or her take was the wrong one for this property. I also understand they used the Gaiman mini for the source. Maybe they should have gone back to Kirby?
    Or I might think it is fantastic and the critics don't get it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Maybe Zhoa wasn't the right person, or her take was the wrong one for this property. I also understand they used the Gaiman mini for the source. Maybe they should have gone back to Kirby?
    All could be true.

Ultimately, we will all judge the movie ourselves when see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They've taken influence from both Gaiman and Kirby from the looks of it.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Nah, They will just ignore it. They are very good at cherrypicking for their agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Nah, They will just ignore it. They are very good at cherrypicking for their agenda
    Who? Korrag on the Eternals.

Astonishing Member

I'm sorry but the comic premise and the derived movie premise is unattractive. Bunch of midlevel metas with silly powers just mope around waiting for some old dinosaur monsters to resurface because some space 'God' told them to. Plus dressed in pseudo-Roman or Middle Ages duds. Meanwhile millions die - so let's chat about that a bit with banter.

No real connection to the existant MCU except excuses why they sat around. This idea of a 'god' is too easily thrown around in comics. It's just some character with a lot of power and an ego trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've taken influence from both Gaiman and Kirby from the looks of it.
    and alex ross

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I'm sorry but the comic premise and the derived movie premise is unattractive. Bunch of midlevel metas with silly powers just mope around waiting for some old dinosaur monsters to resurface because some space 'God' told them to. Plus dressed in pseudo-Roman or Middle Ages duds. Meanwhile millions die - so let's chat about that a bit with banter.

No real connection to the existant MCU except excuses why they sat around. This idea of a 'god' is too easily thrown around in comics. It's just some character with a lot of power and an ego trip.
    Sound like lazy bums then.

Just looking at the trailers I kept thinking "With the right writer she would be a great Star Trek director" Her style is very slow and thoughtful but can still be intense.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Eternals The Death Blow to the MCU & The Reality