Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is Ajak taking over for Zuras? It feels kind of weird that he's nowhere to be found in this movie.

I feel like they'd ruin the tone if they go for camp, at least overtly.
    They don't have to be doing snappy zingers every two minutes, but I enjoyed the fact that when they got to the grandmaster's planet, the set designs looked like backgrounds from old 6o's, 70's Kirby art. I'd like to see people with head-dresses with giant antlers and zig-zag patterns on their clothes. If they ruin the space giants in this film I'm to be upset.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Maybe that was true at one point, but the MCU is the brand now. Doesn't matter if Eternals are Z listers, the MCU is at the point where they can make original superheroes not from the comics and it'd sell. But yeah, part of that is because of the connected shared universe.
    Inhumans didn't do so great...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It was a tv show though which is completely different.

Astonishing Member

That’s what you get when Perlmutter and Loeb are in charge instead of Feige.

They don't have to be doing snappy zingers every two minutes, but I enjoyed the fact that when they got to the grandmaster's planet, the set designs looked like backgrounds from old 6o's, 70's Kirby art. I'd like to see people with head-dresses with giant antlers and zig-zag patterns on their clothes. If they ruin the space giants in this film I'm to be upset.
    Oh, the aesthetic I can totally get behind .

As someone else mentioned, that's not an MCU film and is a very different beast. That was like expecting Agents of Shield tv show to impact the movies, unreasonable.

Amazing Member

Looks great and can't wait for the movie.
    But funny that directors can come right out and say how working in the MCU works and we still get the usual "Feige controls everything" stuff.
    The guy must have cloned himself being able to work so much and so hands-on^^

BANNED

Inhumans was marketed very much as part of the MCU connected universe and pushed aggressively as such. Feige only started to distance MCU from Inhumans when the series took a nose dive.

If Inhumans has gotten a film feature, it will basically be something similar to what we are seeing now with Eternals.

As soon as Inhumans was changed from being a movie to a tv show, it joined Agents of Shield and the Netflix shows as being in MCU limbo. These shows only connected loosely and were never mentioned in the films. Apparently, Inhumans was a project Perlmutter was spearheading (most likely due to not having rights to X-Men, like the comics at the time). As soon as Feige didn’t have to answer to Perlmutter, Inhumans was booted to tv to be headed by Jeph Loeb.

After Inhumans became a tv show, Feige had no reason to even mention it, as it wasn’t part of the MCU he was producing. Obviously it was still billed as Marvel, but I don’t think it was ever marketed as much as the movies or the D+ shows.

The trailers looks fine but I wasn't really interested. Maybe the movie itself will change my mind.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-21-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    As soon as Inhumans was changed from being a movie to a tv show, it joined Agents of Shield and the Netflix shows as being in MCU limbo. These shows only connected loosely and were never mentioned in the films. Apparently, Inhumans was a project Perlmutter was spearheading (most likely due to not having rights to X-Men, like the comics at the time). As soon as Feige didn’t have to answer to Perlmutter, Inhumans was booted to tv to be headed by Jeph Loeb.

After Inhumans became a tv show, Feige had no reason to even mention it, as it wasn’t part of the MCU he was producing. Obviously it was still billed as Marvel, but I don’t think it was ever marketed as much as the movies or the D+ shows.
    I do recall a poor attempt to get viewers into theaters by having the first episode shown on screens, or something? I'm too lazy to look it up. And the Inhumans was such an awful show, I'm sure Feige wishes he could have used the Time Stone to prevent it from being developed.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I do recall a poor attempt to get viewers into theaters by having the first episode shown on screens, or something? I'm too lazy to look it up. And the Inhumans was such an awful show, I'm sure Feige wishes he could have used the Time Stone to prevent it from being developed.
    Yeah it had a one night imax thing I think, but even then I think that was as far as it got? I feel like that was a last ditch effort from Perlmutter and the gang. Really weird in retrospect seeing as the4”re was literally nothing about that show that looked like it warranted a cinema release, let alone an imax one

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As someone else mentioned, that's not an MCU film and is a very different beast. That was like expecting Agents of Shield tv show to impact the movies, unreasonable.
    My point was that people like saying that Marvel can put their name on anything and it will be a hit because of the Marvel brand, but...that didn't hold true for Inhumans. TV medium vs film medium is another issue.

My point was that people like saying that Marvel can put their name on anything and it will be a hit because of the Marvel brand, but...that didn't hold true for Inhumans. TV medium vs film medium is another issue.
    They can put their name on anything and it will be a hit - provided it's a film set in the MCU, not some red headed television step child.

There was a 10 episode Helstrom series supposedly set in the MCU and nobody cared about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helstrom_(TV_series)

Not everything Marvel does is going to be a hit because it's Marvel; Inhumans, Iron Fist and even the Netflix shows had massive viewership drops between seasons with the Punisher having the least.

Inhumans was originally announced as part of Phase 3 set between IW and EG. But once Fiege started answering to Iger, the Inhumans project was dropped and replaced by the Ant-Man & Wasp movie. Perlmutter and Loeb took whatever was left, gave it to Scott Buck and we got a terrible but thankfully easily forgettable mini series that was meant to be released on IMAX first. I get the feeling that Eternals is Fiege's team saying 'we can do that concept better'. There was no enthusiasm around the Inhumans, not even comic book fans really liked those characters. Eternals has an all star cast, an Academy Award winning director who is also an anime nerd and the creative challenge is whether they can make us care about a bunch of otherworldly alien characters masquerading as humans the same they made us care about a talking tree and his raccoon friend.